Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2016, 07:50   #3856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Someone must have surely rubbed off with their car it seems, Happened the same with one of my friend, He arranged for a local rubber to be fixed there since he could get the original one.

Couple of days back my jetta too got dented when i returned to the car which was parked well in a parking lot!

Thanks for replying Tanveer. Any idea on where he sourced the local rubber part from? In Bangalore, I have been searching without leads. Would car accessory shops be able to procure it?
Old 30th April 2016, 09:18   #3857

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Ok so I've been an owner of a W6 for 4.5 months now and here's my input:

1. I have been hearing a 'खड खड खड' kind of sound from the left side passenger door consistently whenever the vehicle passes over uneven road. Goes away temporarily whenever I send to service station but starts shortly thereafter

2. AC has been acting funny lately. Stops working temporarily for about 10 min on its own before resuming cooling. Those 10 mins are enough to cook you alive in the DELHI heat! Yet to show it to the service station.

Any suggestions on what I should do about this? My purchase experience at Mahindra has not been great but the product and customer service thereafter has proved to be phenomenal.
Old 4th May 2016, 16:08   #3858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post

I had mailed it to M&M and they are looking at this issue of hard water marks, what I learn from the Works Manager is that M&M might take 3M's advice on the same.
If that doesn't work out they might get this sorted under warranty.
Do you mean, the hard water stains are so deep rooted that they cannot be removed.

I stay in Faridabad/ Delhi NCR, we do also have hard water problem, to the extent that it can cause unremovable stains on stainless steel utensils if kept for days together.

But I have not faced any stains as mentioned by you on any of our cars till date. The only precautions I have been taking is that to NOT let dry out the water used for washing the car on its own. Every time the water on the body, glass has been wipe dryed.

So never had any problem of water stains.

Please elaborate your problem, which seems to be serious.

Thanks.
Old 4th May 2016, 17:21   #3859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis_500 View Post

1. I have been hearing a 'खड खड खड' kind of sound from the left side passenger door consistently whenever the vehicle passes over uneven road. Goes away temporarily whenever I send to service station but starts shortly thereafter
I had some sound coming from the LHS door while I was taking home my new car from the showroom. Listened to the sound closely while going through some bad roads with no music and leaning towards the LHS. Came back to the showroom after an hour. Asked them to check. They couldn't find anything amiss. I insisted on opening up the door panels, which they did. I was sad to look at my few hours old car getting ripped apart. Finally they found an extra door lock kit inside it. I don't know what checks M&M did while fitting/ checking the door. Nevertheless, took it to my stride and took the extra gifted door lock kit and went happily home.

Also there was some metal to metal rubbing sound which was pointed out to SA several times and reproduced it in front of them but they couldn't figure out the cause. It becomes prominent as soon as you slot to 2nd gear and give a jerk while sudden accelerating. I myself had tightened all seat bolts, belt bolts, boot door bolts, all tools were cushioned. I did everything I could but the sound remained. Lastly, took the help of the accidental repair guy of the showroom and drove him around while producing the sound many times. Finally he took the car, jacked it up fully and tightened the fuel tank metallic holder. Within 2 minutes the work was done and problem solved.

After these episodes, I have myself opened up most of the panels, doors, dash board etc and put double sided tape or put some cello tape between two panels etc to get rid of the creaking sounds. Now my W10 is completely noise less. It is going to be 20,000 kms soon and I have driven through very bad roads but there is no squeaking sound from anywhere. In fact, I love the feel and the sound while the car goes through any gravel road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis_500 View Post
2. AC has been acting funny lately. Stops working temporarily for about 10 min on its own before resuming cooling. Those 10 mins are enough to cook you alive in the DELHI heat! Yet to show it to the service station.

Any suggestions on what I should do about this? My purchase experience at Mahindra has not been great but the product and customer service thereafter has proved to be phenomenal.
Does the AC problem manifests during the drive or at the start of the drive. May be some timing issues with the compressor.
Drive Head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 10:20   #3860
BHPian

Hi everyone.
So little background first. We had purchased xuv500 w10 refresh on Dec 25 2015 from ranchi. After which we got it to chandigarh and currently in ludhiana..
So yesterday I got a call from the dealer in ranchi. The lady on the phone first asked whether we are facing any trouble with the car. I said no because honestly it's going smooth. On which the lady said that some owners in your batch are facing problems with thier cars and that we should 100% get it to the service Centre and get it checked.
Now on telling her that I am currently in ludhiana she said go get it checked there.
On asking her more than 3 times what the problem is she did not reply.
On saying how should I get the problem identified by the person at the service Centre without knowing what it is she said tell them we got a call. (this part worries me because if it was something normal she would just mention it)
I tried searching for any recall stuff. Only thing I found was a post in this thread (3 pages before, around 21st April post date mentioning something similar, like a recall.)
Anybody have any clue as to what's up. Anybody else get a similar call.

Apart from this a small issue I face is the left most 2nd row seat (which folds for entry) keeps making a slight rattling noise when it's vacant. I did get it checked from them in the first servicing which was roughly about 2 weeks ago. It seemed fine for first few days but then I think the problem developed again.
Any fix.?
Thanks.
phro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 11:38   #3861
BHPian

Cross posting from the XUV review thread. The below post explains how to adjust the high beam alignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
Update from Mahindra. There is some good news and not-so-good news.

The good news is that the high beams can be adjusted. But the not-so-good news is that it cannot be done while driving, but can be done only by opening the bonnet. What an unfriendly design!
Old 15th May 2016, 18:59   #3862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
2nd row ac performance is a major flaw in xuv.What i do is, turn on 3rd row ac as well even if nobody sits there.This helps to cool the car faster and less cribbing from 2nd row passengers.
I tried this and it works for the family. I turned the 3rd row vents towards the 2nd row and it helped my grumpy 2nd row passengers. . Thanks for the suggestion. Wish Mahindra would have taken care of the 2nd row A/C issue among all the features they thought through. How did they miss the basics here?
Old 16th May 2016, 13:16   #3863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cross posting from the XUV review thread. The below post explains how to adjust the high beam alignment.
You can always adjust low and high beams from day one. Heres how
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-1463384738437.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-1463384755727.jpg  

nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 20:58   #3864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
You can always adjust low and high beams from day one. Heres how
The screws 'C' and 'D' shown in the manual are only for low beam. Also, the headlamp levelling knob (with 0-3 values) on the dashboard adjusts only the low beams.

The high beam adjustment in the engine bay I saw was having a "hacksaw-blade-edge" type edge.

This looks like the maintenance manual created in 2011. Do you have access to the maintenance manual of the 2015 refresh?
Old 16th May 2016, 22:58   #3865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The screws 'C' and 'D' shown in the manual are only for low beam. Also, the headlamp levelling knob (with 0-3 values) on the dashboard adjusts only the low beams.

The high beam adjustment in the engine bay I saw was having a "hacksaw-blade-edge" type edge.

This looks like the maintenance manual created in 2011. Do you have access to the maintenance manual of the 2015 refresh?
Its an error from mahindra. It is high beam only but by mistake they wrote low beam. Below you can see how to correct low beams. Please note that these are left hand side headlights hence the ones on the extreme left are the low beams.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-1463419688204.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-1463419709250.jpg  

nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 23:31   #3866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Thanks for replying Tanveer. Any idea on where he sourced the local rubber part from? In Bangalore, I have been searching without leads. Would car accessory shops be able to procure it?
Yeah car accessory shops can surely try and get one for you, Would be easier if the shop owner knows you, Or you check with places where you get used car parts, You'll have to work a bit to get it though. All the best.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 14:27   #3867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive Head View Post
Do you mean, the hard water stains are so deep rooted that they cannot be removed.
Hi DriveHead. This is a pretty old issue. I had this removed through the 3M Stain removal cleansing which I got done at the Mahindra ASS.

And as a amater of fact, though it is called Hard Water mark like you experience in Urban Areas, my car spends most of its time back home in a small hill station in Kerala, where the trouble is with the Borewell Water/Rain Water drying on its own after a was or rain.

Which is now been tackled well.
Old 17th May 2016, 16:16   #3868
BHPian

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Hey guys after returning home while parking noticed a difference in the reflection in the twin inner(smaller) ODO dials. There was no reflection in the coolant temperature gauge display like there was in the fuel level / gear / total kms gauge.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1463481687.866348.jpg

On closer inspection noticed that the coolant temperature gauge was missing a glass covering and I could feel a paper sans the glass.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1463481778.827256.jpg

The entire panel which also shows all the indications like handbrake engaged, seat belt status etc also has no glass and I can feel the paper.

I'm shocked by this and missed this in the PDI. The cheetah is just a week old.
What I want to know is if this is normal and the glass is missing in all the cheetah's or just mine?

Thanks guys.

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 17th May 2016 at 16:21.
Old 17th May 2016, 17:32   #3869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
What I want to know is if this is normal and the glass is missing in all the cheetah's or just mine
Don't worry. Its that way for all XUV's
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 18:08   #3870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Don't worry. Its that way for all XUV's
Hii Suhas don't know whether to feel better or worse. How could they have left out covering the gauge. So both the small right coolant temperature gauge display and the main display with the current state of various equipments have no glass covering them at all whereas the fuel gauge which is part of the same ODO has it. Super confused.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks