Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2014, 12:00   #1051
BHPian

Re: The Damping Material and Sound Deadener Thread

Thanks Captain.

Which tyres would you recommend to handle the road noise? Right now, they are on stock BridgeStones. The car has done only 7000 KM so far so will look at changing the tyres sometime in future.
Old 21st November 2014, 18:40   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skotha View Post
Thanks Captain.

Which tyres would you recommend to handle the road noise? Right now, they are on stock BridgeStones. The car has done only 7000 KM so far so will look at changing the tyres sometime in future.
XM2's, MRF ZLO's, Yokohama Adrives,
If you really want a quiet ride then you can trade in your tyres even now,
Old 15th January 2015, 22:25   #1053

Team

Anyone tried damping an Innova Diesel ? Have a 2009 one, love it, but would like to get it damped from NVH perspective (not for ICE)

Read thru the whole thread (and other relevant ones), got a wealth of information, but not for innova specifically.

@DerAlte : anyone carrying this out at Bangalore, or will it have to be DIY

Cheers
Old 16th January 2015, 11:37   #1054
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinquecento500 View Post
Anyone tried damping an Innova Diesel ? Have a 2009 one, love it, but would like to get it damped from NVH perspective (not for ICE)

Read thru the whole thread (and other relevant ones), got a wealth of information, but not for innova specifically.
Here's an Innova ICE thread that includes damping (for the ICE) but you may find it useful.
Link
Old 2nd March 2015, 15:21   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
Method is same, but the density and mass of the material are different. The neoprene rubber sheet which I am aware of is very less dense and mass than the other materials mentioned.

I spent ~1200/- for the bitumen sheet full roll (for the front doors I might have spent ~600/-), fevicol SR : 150/-, DIY effort, altogether ~750-800/- for the front doors and the result is far better damping than the commercial ones.
This sounds interesting :CMS:. How bitumen sheets are holding up, since its been more than a year. Can you post some pics of this DIY if you have them or at least picture of material used . Also kindly provide pointer to place in Bangalore where you bought them. Are they water proof?

My Figo Diesel is high on road and engine noise.Read though many posts here and looks like easiest way is mass loading the outermost door panel to reduce road noise.There are some wonderful explanations by DerAlt, thank you very much for that. I am not a audiophile, just need to kill road noise and engine noise for cheap. So i am confused between Bitumen or Yoga mat!

Last edited by recshenoy : 2nd March 2015 at 15:24.
recshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 15:53   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
... I am not a audiophile, just need to kill road noise and engine noise for cheap. So i am confused between Bitumen or Yoga mat!
Check with the roofing insulation guys - you will find cheap bitumen (tar-felt) sheets. Some are aluminium faced, and some have glue backing. Search the thread - someone has also used tar-synthetic rubber material used for heat insulation.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 16:17   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This sounds interesting :CMS:. How bitumen sheets are holding up, since its been more than a year. Can you post some pics of this DIY if you have them or at least picture of material used . Also kindly provide pointer to place in Bangalore where you bought them. Are they water proof?
I have used bitumen sheets in my car for almost 2 years now and no complaints. Only the part above the muffler had melted away and left a mess, so I would not advise you to use them anywhere near high heat sources such as exhaust piping, muffler and engine bay.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 16:27   #1058
BHPian

Quote:

My Figo Diesel is high on road and engine noise.Read though many posts here and looks like easiest way is mass loading the outermost door panel to reduce road noise.There are some wonderful explanations by DerAlt, thank you very much for that. I am not a audiophile, just need to kill road noise and engine noise for cheap. So i am confused between Bitumen or Yoga mat!
Alternatively, you can use closed cell foam sheets, 10mm on the insides of the door cards. I had used it with noisekill on the metal surface (and the closed cell foam sheets on the door cards) in my fusion tdci. The cabin became a place to chill out. The cabin became very very silent post the sheets fixation.
Old 2nd April 2015, 21:41   #1059
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2011 Diesel Swift Dzire. I have recently changed the tires to Michelin XM2 which has resulted in some improvement in the noise level.I want to make the cabin as silent as possible.

Can anyone suggest a place in Mumbai where I can get the damping done?what would be the approximate cost?

Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 11:48   #1060
BANNED

COMMERCIAL EXPLOITATION OF TEAM-BHP:

Mod Note : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on this board.

Last edited by GTO : 4th April 2015 at 13:06.
Old 27th April 2015, 20:24   #1061
BHPian

Can anyone please help me with my query.

I learnt that dynamat extreme is one such product that can be used. Where can I purchase and install it in Mumbai? I have seen reference only to online purchase and DIY.

Also, are there any other product or service that You would recommend?

I would appreciate if someone can PM me the information if it's not okay to provide the information on this thread.
Old 27th April 2015, 22:14   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Dynamat is available on amazon.com with shipping to India and at times the better car audio shops in santa cruz have it in stock and sell it at idiotic prices. Alternatively they also have the local substitute called Dampmat which is also pretty good and far cheaper. Then there is noise kill which is best avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
Can anyone please help me with my query.
Old 28th April 2015, 03:39   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Dynamat is available on amazon.com with shipping to India and at times the better car audio shops in santa cruz have it in stock and sell it at idiotic prices. Alternatively they also have the local substitute called Dampmat which is also pretty good and far cheaper. Then there is noise kill which is best avoided.
Khoj, Appreciate your prompt response.

Is dynamat extreme the best solution to reduce cabin noise. I don't need it for ice setup but only to reduce the cabin noise. What would be the size required for a swift dzire (old).

If not dynamat extreme, does underbody treatment helps to reduce the noise level?
Old 28th April 2015, 15:30   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

I have a question regarding sound deadening. I would like to sound deaden my cars front doors.

My question, Is it beneficial to sound deaden both the Inner side of the door and the metal slab in between the plastic cladding and door as well? or would sound deadening simply the Inner side of the door suffice?
If there is a difference, How big would it be to 'double' deaden the doors in this fashion?

Old 28th April 2015, 18:59   #1065

I drive a 2009 Hyundai Verna. While playing music the front door speakers rattles a lot. Can this be avoided by damping the doors? If so what will be the approximate cost of materials required?

Last edited by augustinepaul4u : 28th April 2015 at 19:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks