Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2017, 07:17   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Ordered an A118C from Aliexpress got it for $29 Shipped to me, Waiting for it now.
Old 13th November 2017, 13:04   #1832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
It is difficult to make out the number plates..? Is it due to motion, or the resolution captured is not high enough.?
Its 1080p resolution, original files are very much clear with letters and numbers. Youtube seems to be downsizing the quality for free accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I finally ordered the viofo a119 via AliExpress on heir 11.11 sale. Cost 82$ for CPL, GPS and the camera.
I missed the 11.11 sale because I was waiting for my neighbour to pick up the Viofo A119 from SG or MY. He checked it at 4 different stores, prices ranged from $100 to $130 and I moved to Plan B (Aliexpress). Order placed today for Cam and GPS for $82.44. Hope its not much different from the 11.11 offers
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 13:06   #1833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
I haven't installed the lens filter till now thanks for reminding me, I had forgotten about it honestly, will post the pics with the lens filter asap.
Hi,
Any update on the filter for Yi dashcam? Have you got one already installed on your dashcam or thinking of getting it?

A quick check on google and dashcam talk forums reveal that there is one in the market but for the action camera of Yi. No specific for dashcam.

https://www.banggood.com/37mm-CPL-Fi...-p-978812.html

There is one available On Amazon India but no reviews and also the setup looks quite bulky.

https://www.amazon.in/Segolike-Proff...pl+filter+37mm

What would be the best Micro Sd card suitable for Yi dashcam. The specs says 64GB Class 10 80Mbps should be an ideal one but the same costs around 1500 min on Amazon. Any suggestions??
Old 13th November 2017, 14:47   #1834
BHPian

So I finally got the Garmin along with all the accessories. However, considering it is a battery model, I am reluctant to stick it to the windscreen with glue as it will be exposed to direct sunlight quite a lot. As of now I am looking to do a DIY project by sticking strong magnets to the screen and then use the metal holder of the cam to magnetically stick to the magnet. I was able to use a magnetic phone holder and ensure that the bond is strong and wont come off during normal driving.
Planning to do the final assembly including cables et al this weekend. Any suggestions/reccos will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by pickdj : 13th November 2017 at 14:47. Reason: spelling errors.
Old 14th November 2017, 09:46   #1835
BHPian

Ordered a A119 v2 on 30th Oct. Got it yesterday. One of the fastest shipping from AliExpress that I have experienced till now.

Anyone who has figured out the best place to mount this dashcam in a Duster? I am thinking of the traditional behind-the-rearview position for now. Any thoughts?

Edit: Ordered with GPS and the CPL. No memory card.

Last edited by abhi : 14th November 2017 at 09:48. Reason: Additional details.
Old 14th November 2017, 13:15   #1836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
So I finally got the Garmin along with all the accessories. However, considering it is a battery model, I am reluctant to stick it to the windscreen with glue as it will be exposed to direct sunlight quite a lot. As of now I am looking to do a DIY project by sticking strong magnets to the screen and then use the metal holder of the cam to magnetically stick to the magnet. I was able to use a magnetic phone holder and ensure that the bond is strong and wont come off during normal driving.
Planning to do the final assembly including cables et al this weekend. Any suggestions/reccos will be highly appreciated.
3M mounting pads are not adhesive based, 3M VHB sticks via surface tension. Once stuck and left to adhere for 12-24 hours before mounting the camera, doesn't come off easily.
Old 14th November 2017, 14:07   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Hope this post doesn't violate the guidelines. If it does, I request you to delete it.
========
I'm posting this because I found a cheaper price on Banggood for a good product and members might benefit from it. No affiliation to either the company or the e-commerce site.
Wanted a dashcam for my Nexon. Came across your post & have now ordered the same yesterday from Banggood. Costed Rs.1310 including shipping. Thanks for the lead.

Cheers,
Manju
manjunag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 16:12   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Does mini2 support 64GB card?
I bought a Mini 2 couple of days back and it supports upto 128 GB micro SD card.
I opted for 64 GB as it can do 13 hrs recording at 1080P and about 5 hours at 1440P with 64 GB.
1080P HD recording looks good enough.

Overall the mini 2 is convenient. I wish it came with a built-in CPL filter to cut out the reflections from the dash and windshield.

I'm on the lookout for a CPL filter for the Mini 2 but haven't come across a suitable one yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
1. I haven't installed the lens filter till now

Last edited by for_cars1 : 14th November 2017 at 16:14.
Old 14th November 2017, 16:36   #1839
BHPian

Hi guys

I have an A118C dashcam. Since the cam doesn't turn off when i turn off the ignition, i used to repeatedly pull the adapter out of the lighter socket. This has resulted in the adapter getting damaged. Anyone knows where i can get a reliable replacement ? Searched on amazon but didn't get exactly what i need.
Old 14th November 2017, 17:22   #1840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Hi guys

I have an A118C dashcam. Since the cam doesn't turn off when i turn off the ignition, i used to repeatedly pull the adapter out of the lighter socket. This has resulted in the adapter getting damaged. Anyone knows where i can get a reliable replacement ? Searched on amazon but didn't get exactly what i need.
Try getting a hardwire kit instead and get it wired to your ignition. In that way it will switch on/off along with your car.
Old 15th November 2017, 12:21   #1841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Since the cam doesn't turn off when i turn off the ignition, i used to repeatedly pull the adapter out of the lighter socket. This has resulted in the adapter getting damaged. Anyone knows where i can get a reliable replacement ?....
I used to do the exact thing for 2 months, later I realised it was not necessary, because the adapter socket power goes off after 3 mts of switching off the engine and locking the doors. You may want to check this delay in your car before thinking about hardwiring, because I prefer to have a control over accessories than hardwiring it.

Check these compact units on Amazon, they are very reliable, I like the Regor, priced at 600. I can power my dashcam and charge the phone same time.
Name:  ccharger.png
Views: 1410
Size:  99.1 KB
Old 15th November 2017, 12:29   #1842
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi guys

I do this too and I keep thinking I'm going to damage either the adapter or the socket itself. Been looking at a solution since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Try getting a hardwire kit instead and get it wired to your ignition. In that way it will switch on/off along with your car.
I'm thinking of this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I used to do the exact thing for 2 months, later I realised it was not necessary, because the adapter socket power goes off after 3 mts of switching off the engine and locking the doors.
Unfortunately, in the EcoSport, 12v sockets continue to be powered by the battery indefinitely.
Old 15th November 2017, 16:48   #1843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I'm thinking of this now.
Hardwiring takes hardly 1 hour at the max. Buy a suitable hard wire kit and get it done with any ICE installers or you can DIY if you are that kind of a guy!
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 23:20   #1844
BHPian

I am looking for a dashcam that can be concealed/hidden behind the rear view mirror of my Verna. I am not much interested in bulky looking dashcams. Does anyone know about such dashcams?

Sharing of links will be helpful.
Old 16th November 2017, 21:40   #1845
BHPian

Hello All, I am planning to buy Z-Edge S3 dual channel dash cam. Please let me know if anyone using the same product.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_rd_i=desktop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks