Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2019, 19:34   #2656
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I am looking to buy the 70Mai Pro which seems pretty good to me at the price point and it comes with a screen which is my requirement. What is your opinion folks?

On Banggood its available for around INR 4000 and the same piece on Amazon.in is for 6990. Why the huge price difference? Will I get charged duty on a Banggood shipment which may make it equivalent to the price on Amazon?

I have never bought anything from either Banggood or Aliexpress, hence the confusion.

I am very bad with any DIY stuff, are there any shops in Mumbai where I may get a good choice of dashcams?

Please chip in with your experience folks.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers
I just bought the 70mai Pro from Amazon India last week, its a great camera and I would recommend it.

There is an almost 3k price difference between Aliexpress and Amazon India however in case if you order from Aliexpress and it gets stopped by customs then the additional duty might make the price difference negligible. Also the one being sold on Amazon India is being sold at that price with a hardwire kit and gps module which if bought separately would also cost as much as the difference. Thirdly you get immediate delivery from Amazon while Aliexpress would take an easy month to deliver.
vvb8530 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 11:35   #2657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
I just bought the 70mai Pro from Amazon India last week, its a great camera and I would recommend it.
Which seller did you buy this from? There are multiple sellers which do not include the GPS module along with it. Did you fit the dashcam yourself with the hardwire kit to the fuse box? Exact price you paid?

Thank you vvb8530.

Cheers
Old 27th June 2019, 12:49   #2658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Which seller did you buy this from? There are multiple sellers which do not include the GPS module along with it. Did you fit the dashcam yourself with the hardwire kit to the fuse box? Exact price you paid?

Thank you vvb8530.

Cheers
The seller was Vijay Sales. I tried to go back to my order summary right now to share the link with you here but it now says link not available. I guess they must have sold out because i remember the price being lowered down while I was still researching and bought it as soon as i saw the price reduced. So I guess I lucked out. I bought it for Rs. 6989/- including GPS and Hardwire kit.

I fit the dashcam myself on to the cigarette lighter port for now by concealing the wires under the roof lining but have not hardwired it to the fuse yet as I am looking for a professional to do that for me. Although it works perfectly well with the cigarette lighter port and its easy to conceal the wires but in my case I have to go the hardwire option as in my car the power to the cigarette lighter port does not cut off after switching off the car so if i forget to switch the camera off manually it can cause me a dead battery.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 27th June 2019 at 13:32. Reason: typo
vvb8530 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 21:19   #2659
Senior - BHPian

Does the Xiaomi 70mai come with a detachable mount or it is a permanent sticky type mount?
Old 7th July 2019, 14:28   #2660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Does the Xiaomi 70mai come with a detachable mount or it is a permanent sticky type mount?
Both the mounts (GPS and regular) are detachable. However, I would not suggest GPS to anyone as it basically is useless till now. It doesn't embed any speed in footage and is only used to detect lane changes at 80kmph +.
AZ911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 18:46   #2661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Sumeet, check out the video below, it shows the sticky type mount and also the functioning for the ADAS module. Look at the 70Mai Pro as it's the latest.

The way the ADAS module works, its useless for us, no need to buy it separately. If you buy it from Vijay Sales on Amazon its included in the sales package with the dashcam. Do remember it will not work without a SD card.

Thanks to vvb8530's feedback, I also bought it from Amazon, yet to install it though. The dashcam picture quality is good, its easy to use with buttons on the dashcam and the phone app is also user friendly.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 7th July 2019 at 18:48.
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 22:08   #2662
Senior - BHPian

while browsing through Bangood.in, I see they mention 'tax included' along with the price mentioned. Does this mean the price includes customs duty also?
Can someone throw light on this?

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-clipboard02.jpg
Old 11th July 2019, 18:27   #2663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post

I fit the dashcam myself on to the cigarette lighter port for now by concealing the wires under the roof lining but have not hardwired it to the fuse yet as I am looking for a professional to do that for me. Although it works perfectly well with the cigarette lighter port and its easy to conceal the wires but in my case I have to go the hardwire option as in my car the power to the cigarette lighter port does not cut off after switching off the car so if i forget to switch the camera off manually it can cause me a dead battery.
You can use Xiaomi 70mai Hardwire Kit Parking Monitor Cable for Car Dashcam available on Amazon to connect to fusebox. It detects low voltage from battery and cuts off automatically.
PrashantPahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 19:54   #2664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
The GPS module may make or break your day by having the vehicle speed (GPS tracked speed is considered to be accurate) and lat / long location in case of any mishaps / accidents / required alibi.
I have Viofo 119 V2 with GPS Module with the Modified Firmware and this firmware has an option to enable only Latitude/Longitude and the speed info can be switched off.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-vlcsnap2019071119h50m58s341.png  

atulsian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 23:37   #2665
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
while browsing through Bangood.in, I see they mention 'tax included' along with the price mentioned. Does this mean the price includes customs duty also?
Had a small chat with the customer service @ Bangood.in, I asked them the same question as you have asked here and their response was:
  • "Taxes Included" means the price generated is including GST.

• She also asked me to choose "Tariff Insurance" to avoid customs but if I am charged any customs duty, Bangood.in would reimburse the same.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 04:46   #2666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
<snip>... "Tariff Insurance" to avoid customs but if I am charged any customs duty, Bangood.in would reimburse the same.
I realise that I might be in the minority here; nor am I getting on any moral high horse.

I think customs duty avoidance is not correct. Not only is it illegal but also unethical I think. The duty goes to the government and has been imposed to ensure certain trading practices & patterns are followed.

I always ship directly and if they charge duty, I pay it and if they dont that is good too.

Just presenting for your consideration.
sridhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 12:00   #2667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrashantPahwa View Post
You can use Xiaomi 70mai Hardwire Kit Parking Monitor Cable for Car Dashcam available on Amazon to connect to fusebox. It detects low voltage from battery and cuts off automatically.
Yes i am aware which is exactly what i have mentioned in my post as well that i need to hardwire it to the fuse but want to get it done through a professional. I do not need to buy the hardwire kit separately either as it was included with the dashcam that i bought from Amazon.
vvb8530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 12:22   #2668
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Apologies sir if my post gave a meaning of trying to dogde customs etc. I just put forth what the customer executive told me. I didn't ask specifically for ways to avoid customs.

Anyway, have asked MODS to delete my post too.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th July 2019 at 12:40.
Old 12th July 2019, 15:41   #2669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I think customs duty avoidance is not correct.

I don't think what anurag mentioned can be termed duty avoidance. It is just an insurance. If a duty is charged, he will get reimbursed. That doesn't imply that duty is not paid.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 22:03   #2670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I don't think what anurag mentioned can be termed duty avoidance. It is just an insurance. If a duty is charged, he will get reimbursed. That doesn't imply that duty is not paid.
I guess this discussion will loop a bit.

This is very similar to buying 'ticketless travel insurance' in Bombay locals. The bet is that most people will not be charged customs just like the local guys are betting most people will not be caught by the TTE.

It is duty avoidance. Are there bigger fish to fry? Of course!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks