Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2020, 11:52   #181
BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

It seems like Nexon EV is receiving a firmware update V2.07 as rumored with functionality updates and fine tunings. Owners can share more on the update !

Quote:

The first of the enhancements the v2.07 software brings in an optimized creep mode. The creep function takes lower time to activate, making the transition from stop to creep smoother.

Another improvement is the reduced effort for braking. It seems that the first few centimetres of travel in the brake pedal are now dedicated to regeneration.

Coasting in the Tata Nexon EV is now easier. There is at least 1-2 cm of travel in the accelerator pedal where the vehicle performs coasting now. This means more relaxed driving on highways.
TorqueIndia is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 13:09   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitSapre View Post
As warranty covered all these, the customer ended up paying nothing. But why such high cost replacement in 1st service just after 1500 KM ?
Part could be faulty and its not rare to see some faulty parts in new vehicles. Most likely part supplier will cover if its from third party. If the issue is common in many delivered vehicles, then it will be recalled.
Old 12th September 2020, 02:54   #183
BHPian

I happened to check the prices of Nexon EV and Mg ZS eV with price breakup on carwale. The insurance amount for Nexon is at 71k while that on MG ZS EV is at 1.6Lakhs. I fail to understand this huge difference in pricing of insurance of these 2 electrical cars, any logical input from anyone ? The difference in Car cost is only 4.5lakhs, that’s basically 30% more than Nexon, accordingly shouldn’t the insurance of MG ZS ev be at 1 odd lakh?
Old 12th September 2020, 10:47   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
I happened to check the prices of Nexon EV and Mg ZS eV with price breakup on carwale. The insurance amount for Nexon is at 71k while that on MG ZS EV is at 1.6Lakhs. I fail to understand this huge difference in pricing of insurance of these 2 electrical cars, any logical input from anyone ? The difference in Car cost is only 4.5lakhs, that’s basically 30% more than Nexon, accordingly shouldn’t the insurance of MG ZS ev be at 1 odd lakh?
I am not sure if Carwale is quoting for just one year or 3 years.
As I am looking at the MG ZS EV I got the price last month.
Insurance for the top end is appox 1L which is (1+3), the 1.6Lakhs seems to be the 3+3.

Aug 2020 price list
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-zs-ev-aug-price-2020.jpg

On another note A Plus point to the Nexon EV is its home charger, from a standard 15 amp point you can get it charged in 8 hours while the ZS EV needs around 16 to 18 hours (80%)
Nexon EV 30.2kWh and ZS EV 44.5kWh batteries, if you do the maths the Nexon comes out on top for charging in 8 hours.
the claimed ranges are :
Nexon EV - 300KM
MG ZS EV - 340KM

The Nexon EV is more practical if you plan do a 200KM one way trip to a resort/homestay and charge over night.
Once again just my 2 cents.
yajaman99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 10:52   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
On another note A Plus point to the Nexon EV is its home charger, from a standard 15 amp point you can get it charged in 8 hours while the ZS EV needs around 16 to 18 hours (80%)
But Mg does supply a wall mount fast charger for Home/Office installation that charges the car in 4-5 hours.

Not sure if Tata does the same or not,

with regards to range, real world figures are very different for MG and Tata, Tata does 175 Odd kms while Mg does 275 Odd
Old 12th September 2020, 11:36   #186
BHPian

Quote:
But Mg does supply a wall mount fast charger for Home/Office installation that charges the car in 4-5 hours.

with regards to range, real world figures are very different for MG and Tata, Tata does 175 Odd kms while Mg does 275 Odd
You are correct, both Hyundai and MG provide a Delta 7.4kW AC fast charger as part of the deal. These cost approx Rs 60K. Which can charge 80% in 6 to 8 hours.

I was giving Nexon the plus point for it's portable charger speed and internal technology used to achieve this.
I am going by the times and details given in the marketing material.
The simple point which will be said ZS EV has a bigger battery.
Below is my calculations, not sure if I am overthinking things here.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-portable-charger-comparision.jpg

Which shows the Nexon EV having a faster charging rate, if my math is correct.

This discussion may be going off topic of the Nexon EV Review and into a EV comparison, apologies for that.
yajaman99 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 19:32   #187

For this charge cycle , here is the odometer reading.

Approx break of run on various road :
  • City : 100
  • Highway : 60
Car environment :
  • Tyre pressure set to 33 psi. I check the air pressure during every charge cycle. Having a tyre inflator at home helps a lot.
  • ACC set to 26 Deg all the time.
  • Load : 2 Adults & 2 kids all the time.
  • Drive mode : 100%

I brought few changes in my driving style

1) Light A pedal.
  • No matter how empty roads are, I am trying to bring discipline on having, light A pedal.
  • To give better insight, I never let the energy consumption bar in (eco scale) go beyond 3 lines.
  • For decent speed inside city, you hardly need more than a single bar of power.
2) Speed :
  • I have hardly crossed speeds beyond 80 KMPH.
  • With light A pedal, getting the car up-to 25 KMPH is really boring.
  • But once it crosses that mark, you can expect decent acceleration till 80 KMPH even with light pedal.

My first full charge range was 155 KM (entire city run and 19% battery left) without any of my experiments.
With these small changes , I am seeing a better range for a full charge.

General observations :
  • If your entire run is on city road and speeds not going beyond 40 KMPH, don't expect range beyond 180-200.
  • The car definitely gives better range when cruising between 50-80 with a disciplined driving style.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-img_20200912_173820.jpg  

AmitSapre is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 19:41   #188
BHPian

I have booked the Nexon EV XZ+ from Trivandrum Motors. They are yet to promise a delivery date and has given a minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 6 weeks for delivery

Here is the break-up of the on-road price in Trivandrum Kerala:

Ex Showroom : 14,99,000
Reg + Road Tax (5%) : 75760
Insurance : 57000 (I will be taking Insurance from outside and they agreed)
FastTag : 750
TCS (.75%) : 11242
Total : 1643752

I was surprised to see No Handling charges or basic accessory charges and all other misc charges they usually add to the On-road price. It was a pleasant experience dealing with the sales advisor Mr Subash and since they provided an honest quote, I didn't negotiate for further discounts. They even agreed my request for taking insurance from outside.
Holyghost is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:14   #189
BANNED

Quote:

MG wall charger does it at 7KW, and it has 44kwh capacity, which translates to
more than 6 hours for full charge. Now keep in mind, to draw 7Kw/h you need to up your sanctioned load, which invites additional charges, and the wiring must be good. TaMo took these points into consideration and went for 3kw/h (draws only 2.7Kw/h) charging as it is set up and you can go plug the charger anywhere to a 16A plug and you are good to go.

Do keep in mind, that most often, one would leave the car to charge overnight, so leaving for 6 hours or 10 hours shouldn't really matter. Having said that, Kona and MG can take benefit of Level 2 chargers in Tier II cities set up at their dealers, which can charge at 7Kw/h.
DarthVeda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 19:38   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I have booked the Nexon EV XZ+ from Trivandrum Motors. They are yet to promise a delivery date and has given a minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 6 weeks for delivery
Congratulations on the new NexonEV !
Few queries :
* What is your normal usage so far - daily/monthly/yearly ?
*What's your current ride ?
*Is it the primary car or for city/office commutes ?

EV infra. is expanding very well in Kerala cities , KSEB just started operating their 60KW Panasonic DC chargers. Dont forget to join the owners community too !

Happy Motoring ��

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 24th September 2020 at 19:39.
Old 25th September 2020, 16:11   #191
BHPian

While browsing on twitter, came across this coverage on our Tata Nexon in US magazine Electrek.
Quote:
India only sells about 2,000 electric vehicles a year – in a market of 4 million sales per year. The introduction of the Tata Nexon EV is arguably the country’s best attempt so far to make electric cars accessible to Indian buyers. What does it teach the US market about making EVs go mainstream?
https://electrek.co/2020/06/29/india...affordability/
Deepsp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 12:59   #192
BHPian

After reading this review and multiple owner accounts. Booked the Nexon EV XZ+ Lux in white about 10 days ago.

Hopefully it should be delivered this week. It just arrived at the Yard.

I current own a 2013 GT TSI and also have a leased E2O Plus P8 Version.

Having used the E2O for 26,000 KM in little over 2 years, i thought its worth investing in a better EV and return the lease.
sivasain is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 17:09   #193
BHPian

I just finished inspecting the vehicle in yard before they register it.

This is September manufactured vehicle and the the Lower front grill is updated to paint only the Bi-Arrows instead of Tri-Arrows.

See the picture attached.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-whatsapp-image-20200928-13.14.53.jpeg

Also noticed that some panel gaps are not perfect. I noticed that the Left Rear Bumper to Side Panel levelling is not flush. See picture below. You can see the fitline shadow change. I guess that is expected to be not as good as the VWs.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-bumper.jpeg
sivasain is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 18:15   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivasain View Post
I just finished inspecting the vehicle in yard before they register it.
Attachment 2060370
Congratulations. White looks really good.
I just got an update from my SA that my vehicle has been dispatched and should reach by 1st or 2nd of Sep. I booked the Teal Blue XZ+ version.

I will be doing a t-bhp PDI once it reaches the yard. Is there any additional things to look out for since it is an EV?
Holyghost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 18:50   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Congratulations. White looks really good.
I just got an update from my SA that my vehicle has been dispatched and should reach by 1st or 2nd of Sep. I booked the Teal Blue XZ+ version.

I will be doing a t-bhp PDI once it reaches the yard. Is there any additional things to look out for since it is an EV?
Thanks. The reason for choosing white is my lack of faith in tata paint job and their ability later on to paint one panel and match it to the rest.

The blue green dual shade looks super cool, but my OCD will only see the panel color difference in case of any dent repair later.

I did not do any formal t-bhp PDI ... Just wanted to check if it is not a demo car or showroom floor car. In fact the dealer did try to pass off the Showroom floor car earlier last week as new car that is assigned to me. I rejected it and asked them to get another one.
sivasain is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks