Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2020, 11:47   #301
BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by umang dutt View Post
My thoughts exactly.
from what i understand, regen can only reduce loss of energy and cannot actually help increase mileage. Ambient temperature can definitely be a factor, but given that i am from Ahmedabad the temperature does not go too low and is around 13-16'c in the mornings ...
I never said the regen is increasing your real world range that much, what iam trying to say is that, the more the regen happens the DTE algorithms could project it over the entire remaining SOC leading to a higher range based on the immediate past drive . That's why I said let's leave the DTE alone and just use the more factual markers which is the SOC and the ODO reading. That can't go wrong by much, but DTE is a projected value and we don't know how it is calculated.
Th!ru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 12:28   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
Had finalized the Nexon EV and called the sales guy to collect the cheque yesterday for Nexon EV but then he dropped a bomb.
The UP state gov has withdrawn all and any subsidy on EVs making the EVs now much more costlier than comparable ICE cars. :(

Had to cancel my plans to buy the EV. :'(

Back to square one !
That's a bad news. However, I am not finding anywhere in any website about the withdrawal of subsidies by UP Govt.
Old 17th December 2020, 19:10   #303
gus
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
That's a bad news. However, I am not finding anywhere in any website about the withdrawal of subsidies by UP Govt.
Yes the information is not online but I confirmed it at the local RTO.
Old 18th December 2020, 23:27   #304
BHPian

Anyone updated the zconnect app? The remote commands are not working for me after updating the app.
Old 19th December 2020, 06:42   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th!ru View Post
Anyone updated the zconnect app? The remote commands are not working for me after updating the app.
updated the android version. The app did not work initially, so uninstalled and reinstalled it an it now seems to be working fine.
However i am using at as child app (commands cannot be executed).
However try uninstalling and reinstalling, it may help.
umang dutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 10:11   #306
BHPian

Quote:
updated the android version. The app did not work initially, so uninstalled and reinstalled it an it now seems to be working fine.
However i am using at as child app (commands cannot be executed).
However try uninstalling and reinstalling, it may help.
Nope, tried re-installing, re-adding car. Still not syncing information since last night. Even the SOC and trips are not syncing. Maybe the car needs an update as well.. will check with Tata SA on moday.
Old 30th December 2020, 12:33   #307
BHPian

Drove a brand new Nexon EV last night for the first time and I'm a changed man.

Never thought I'd like it this much. I need this car in my life, can't be my primary car, but as an addition to my garage alongside my trusty German steed, I don't see anything else but the Nexon EV right now. Much has been said about it already, so won't get into details, but here's a quick list:

- Build Quality

- Ergonomics - Seats, steering, everything felt just right.

- Interior colour scheme (Love the white and teal).

- Digital Intrument cluster looks premium - Way better than the regular Nexon's.

- The silence - Man o man, the silence!

- Insulation - I expected to be annoyed by the odd noises that an ICE car masks because of the engine drone, but nope. Tata has done an excellent job with this.

- Steering feel, nice and light at low speed, weighs up well for my liking once you get going.

- The Infotainment display looked sharp. I don't care much about the UI because I use Apple CarPlay exclusively, nothing else matters to me.

- Good kick in S mode while accelerating from a stop.

- Amazing ride quality - coming from a stiff German saloon, the Nexon EV felt like it was gliding over patches I'd normally baby my car on.

- Sound of the indicator tick

- Felt planted at high speed and in general, its ability to cocoon you from the outside.

Dislikes:

- Nose dive under heavy braking.

- ~220km real world range.

To anyone still on the fence, please go drive this car. It's something else. I can't wait for the Altroz EV to launch, I hope it only improves on the Nexon. So very proud of Tata, unbelievable that this is the first EV they've ever made. Can't wait to buy one.

Last edited by DeKay : 30th December 2020 at 12:43.
DeKay is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 10:06   #308
BHPian

Tata power fast chargers are enabled between Hyderabad to Rajamundry. Now traveling this 475km stretch shouldn't be a problem as chargers are available almost every 75 km. One has to manage the Suryapet to Vijayawada distance of 154km without any charging facility.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-screenshot_202012242257422.png  

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-screenshot_202012310925072.png  

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-screenshot_202012242247282.png  

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-screenshot_202012230833152.png  

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-screenshot_202012310926242.png  

damodar is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 10:37   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Question to owners

I am driving on a highway casually like I’ll do with any petrol or diesel car. Driving along at 90-110kmph. How much range can I expect with the Nexon EV like this, especially after the update?
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 19:54   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Question to owners

I am driving on a highway casually like I’ll do with any petrol or diesel car. Driving along at 90-110kmph. How much range can I expect with the Nexon EV like this, especially after the update?
The updates have been mostly for D mode driving. My belief is S mode is still very much unchanged.

Coming back to your question : Expect a range of 130-160 KM with those speeds.
AmitSapre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 18:32   #311
BHPian

418 units in December 2020, 1253 units in Q3 FY2021, HUGE !

Quote:
"In Q3 FY2021, the PV business posted a growth of 89% as compared to Q3 FY2020, the highest ever sales in the last 33 quarters. For December 2020, wholesales were higher by 84%. Retail sales were 18% higher than wholesales for the month and pipeline inventory remains thin. We are continuing to debottleneck the supply chain and ramp up our output to meet the increased demand while addressing the availability of electronic components. With the growing popularity of Nexon EV, the company also posted an impressive sale in EVs with highest ever quarter wholesales of 1,253 units in Q3 FY2021 and 418 units in December 2020," added Chandra, who was recently voted Autocar Professional's Man of the Year 2020.
AutocarPRO
TorqueIndia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 19:50   #312
BHPian

Mileage review after the latest software update:

7 days, 14 trips (office and back), no air-conditioner and speeds under 65

AVG 106 Wh/km, 242.9 Kms travelled with 13% battery remaining and 37kms on the distance to empty indicator.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-img_20210102_190558.jpg  

umang dutt is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 08:52   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Mileage review after the latest software update:

7 days, 14 trips (office and back), no air-conditioner and speeds under 65

AVG 106 Wh/km, 242.9 Kms travelled with 13% battery remaining and 37kms on the distance to empty indicator.
That's excellent figures, you seemed to have mastered the art of driving EVs

For us folks who are not able to go below the 130-140 wh/km(albeit with AC) please enlighten us with some more data.
  1. Can you share the speed analysis from your app for the trips.
  2. Based on your experience, are you seeing improvements after say x charging cycles or x kms on the odo ?
  3. Is the range getting better or worse if you do a longer run?

-Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 10:22   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th!ru View Post
That's excellent figures, you seemed to have mastered the art of driving EVs

1. Can you share the speed analysis from your app for the trips.
  2. Based on your experience, are you seeing improvements after say x charging cycles or x kms on the odo ?
  3. Is the range getting better or worse if you do a longer run?

-Thanks
Thank you

Have not noticed any change after Charing cycles, though i have not being paying specific attention or looking out for the same.

From what i have observed the range / distance to empty and also Wh/km seems to be worse off (lower distance to empty readings and higher Wh/km readings) on trips with continuous speeds. All trips in the week were from home to office and back, so have not done anything more than 18Kms at a stretch during the week.

Will try and track range under different driving conditions and share in the coming days.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-home-office.jpg  

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-office-home.jpg  

umang dutt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 17:53   #315
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors has announced its partnership with the Haryana Renewable Agency (HAREDA) to deploy Nexon EVs in Haryana, as a part of its tender with Energy Efficiency Services (EESL). In an event held today, the handover ceremony and the inauguration of the EV charging station took place in the presence of Tarun Kapoor, secretary in the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-20210104_174947.jpg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-smartselect_20210104175136_chrome.jpg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-20210104_174949.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks