Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2023, 08:13   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinvin View Post
Have a basic question: Would wind deflectors (aka rain visors) help in reducing the drag of the car, in any way? Would they help in improving the range, even marginally?
It will do the opposite. Fortunately, the effect will be marginal. Easiest (and free) ways to improve range are:

1. Remove excess items from the boot that are adding to the weight, maybe even ditch the spare if you're feeling brave.
2. Bump up tyre pressures by a few PSI over recommended.
3. Drive with windows shut as much as possible.
4. Be gentle with the brakes when you use them - it is better to brake lightly over long distances than heavily.

Maybe others can add more tips that I've missed.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 18:40   #677

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe747 View Post
Was that parked in a garage without proper Jio network or was outdoor? Checking, since it was saying 'unable to get GPS'
Nope. The app was working at the same locations earlier. Latest update - it started working again from a couple of days. Still a mystery !!
AutoEnthuHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 18:13   #678

Hi all,

I have been posting in this thread when I was waiting for 5 months to get my hands on MG ZS EV which I took last July. I have done around 19000 kms till now.

But unfortunately I have got an opportunity abroad and I need to let go of my MG since I will be out for a minimum of 3 years. I own a black one and I am in Chennai and people usually don’t take up black coloured ones and it is an EV.

I am not sure whether this is the right thread/forum to ask about how to sell it. I have tried Cars24, OLX, Cardekho yesterday and today I have asked from MG showroom to do an inspection for the best price. Since it is an EV, what should be my expectation on the price and it is only 10 months old.

Thanks in advance.
gowtham.13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 03:32   #679
BHPian

General rule of thumb is you should expect the IDV. Since it is under a year old expect to take a beating none the less.

I have been offered 24.5 for my Aug ‘22 / 25000 km silver zs ev but decided against letting it go and will
keep it as a secondary vehicle for now.

You’ll be better off trying to sell it privately if you have the time or give it to a reputable second hand dealer in your city rather than the franchises as they gave me seriously lowball offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowtham.13 View Post
Hi all,

I have been posting in this thread when I was waiting for 5 months to get my hands on MG ZS EV which I took last July. I have done around 19000 kms till now.

But unfortunately I have got an opportunity abroad and I need to let go of my MG since I will be out for a minimum of 3 years. I own a black one and I am in Chennai and people usually don’t take up black coloured ones and it is an EV.

I am not sure whether this is the right thread/forum to ask about how to sell it. I have tried Cars24, OLX, Cardekho yesterday and today I have asked from MG showroom to do an inspection for the best price. Since it is an EV, what should be my expectation on the price and it is only 10 months old.

Thanks in advance.
zandot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 07:58   #680

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
General rule of thumb is you should expect the IDV. Since it is under a year old expect to take a beating none the less.

I have been offered 24.5 for my Aug ‘22 / 25000 km silver zs ev but decided against letting it go and will
keep it as a secondary vehicle for now.

You’ll be better off trying to sell it privately if you have the time or give it to a reputable second hand dealer in your city rather than the franchises as they gave me seriously lowball offers.
@zandot The 24.5L offer was given by an individual or a dealer? Which platform did you use?
Old 21st April 2023, 10:49   #681
BHPian

I posted it myself on OLX for 26 lakhs but have since deleted the ad due to a lot of timewaster calls - hence why I said if you have time. I got a couple offers for 22 while one serious gentleman offered 24.5 but unfortunately I needed the car this week and he wanted it immediately and was not willing to wait.

Cars24 offered 17 and have since kept hounding me to sell for that price and keep increasing their offer by 15-20k. Their inspection was very thorough however I feel its better suited for older ICE cars.

Quote:
@zandot The 24.5L offer was given by an individual or a dealer? Which platform did you use?

Last edited by zandot : 21st April 2023 at 10:59.
zandot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 11:24   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Sorry to hear you have to sell your ZS EV.

Since I also took delivery of my vehicle in July '22 and that too, from Chennai, I assume your OTR price should have been around 27 lakhs.

I agree with the others that you are better off selling the vehicle privately. If I were you, I would be looking at a price between 24.5 L and 25L.

Best of luck!
Rada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 23:18   #683
BHPian

Has anyone done/thought about repainting or changing the OEM alloy wheels? I'm not really a fan of the plastic aero caps and the alloys look very dull. Plus they get into the way while topping up the tyres. I was leaning towards getting alloys from the first gen ZS EV, but the internet says those are heavier than the current ones. I would really appreciate some suggestions.
Thanks in advance!
shrey220 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 14:27   #684
BHPian

A question to fellow EVians. I know it is not advisable to use electrical equipment during lightning. Is it the same for an EV charging as well?
I usually charge my vehicle once a week, and mostly it will be from Sunday evening to Monday morning. However, its raining heavily here for past couple of days along with lightning and I am refraining myself from leaving it for charging at night due to the fear that lightning will start sometime in night. Shall I take risk and charge my car tonight or go for paid fast charging somewhere until these rains are over? Also while doing long distance travel, is it advisable to do super fast charging during lightning?
Old 6th May 2023, 18:03   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe747 View Post
A question to fellow EVians. I know it is not advisable to use electrical equipment during lightning. Is it the same for an EV charging as well?
I usually charge my vehicle once a week, and mostly it will be from Sunday evening to Monday morning. However, its raining heavily here for past couple of days along with lightning and I am refraining myself from leaving it for charging at night due to the fear that lightning will start sometime in night. Shall I take risk and charge my car tonight or go for paid fast charging somewhere until these rains are over? Also while doing long distance travel, is it advisable to do super fast charging during lightning?
I was advised by a fellow Bhpian to get a surge protector unit called Bolt Lite and it costs around 3.5k rupees. I got the device and have been using it even during thunderstorms etc because it provides an additional protection to the portable EV charger. If there is some issues the 3.3KW portable charger will be hit and you might have to replace it and it costs upwards of 25k rupees I think. So it's better to get the bolt lite surge protection device and fix it up and use it. If you need more details you can message me or post here. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 17:17   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZhivago View Post
I was advised by a fellow Bhpian to get a surge protector unit called Bolt Lite and it costs around 3.5k rupees. I got the device and have been using it even during thunderstorms etc because it provides an additional protection to the portable EV charger. If there is some issues the 3.3KW portable charger will be hit and you might have to replace it and it costs upwards of 25k rupees I think. So it's better to get the bolt lite surge protection device and fix it up and use it. If you need more details you can message me or post here. God Speed
Thank you. I already have a 5Kva servo stabilizer in that phase, which is expected to cut off high and low peaks and I hope to be safe.
ItsMe747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 12:34   #687
BHPian

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-img_5225.jpeg

So today my range dropped 1 more kilometer. Down to 393 at 100%. It started from 400.

Anyone else facing this? Most of my charging has been on the 7kw wall box charger. I will be switching to the portable one now. Anyone facing similar results?

The car will be a year old in June and has done 18k+.
Old 11th May 2023, 12:40   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey220 View Post
Has anyone done/thought about repainting or changing the OEM alloy wheels?
I am planning on painting the wheelcaps instead. Why risk a range drop?
Old 11th May 2023, 16:57   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post

Anyone else facing this? Most of my charging has been on the 7kw wall box charger. I will be switching to the portable one now. Anyone facing similar results?
Please remember the battery SOH (State of Health) decreases over time which is near about 2% an year. So this seems logical decrease. Rest other MG ZS owners can comment on this. Please see another bhpians - SOH table for MG ZS - link (Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive)
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 17:28   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
Attachment 2449886
So today my range dropped 1 more kilometer. Down to 393 at 100%. It started from 400.
Have you charged with the 3KW charger? Leave it on charge for about 2 to 3 hours after it reaches 100% on your 3KW charger. May be the range will improve after some bit of cell rebalancing.
I am at 22656KM and have not seen any drop in range after a full charge. The car was on the road since 1st oct 2022.
rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks