Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2013, 09:07   #1996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post

Most probably I may switch back to Videocon as they now have comedy central. I will be calling their representative,who came to my place last month with quite a good offer.
Regards
PS:To call Tata sky I had to spend money,as their number given to us is not toll free. Subsequently I squeezed their toll free number from them which I now use
Thanks for the feedback sir. Much appreciated. I shall look into videocon for sure.
Old 1st May 2013, 10:21   #1997
Senior - BHPian

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH HD announced

I too am planning on subscribing to Videocon HD.
Will retain my two TV Tata Sky SD also for the time being, till the annual subscription runs out on 28th Aug 2013.

I feel just a tad apprehensive about Videocon's after sales service, if required.
Old 2nd May 2013, 22:49   #1998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I too am planning on subscribing to Videocon HD.
Will retain my two TV Tata Sky SD also for the time being, till the annual subscription runs out on 28th Aug 2013.

I feel just a tad apprehensive about Videocon's after sales service, if required.
Anup sahib
Hi
Between Indigital, Tata sky and Videocon I had less problems with Videocon in all respects. Only once I had to call them for a technical issue and it was rectified the very next day.
Between TS and Videocon I have noticed that the latter works even when it is very cloudy with light rain whereas if it is raining 4/5 kms away TS goes off air.
Two of my neighbours have switched from Indigital to Videocon and both are happy.
Regards
PS:In one respect I am happy that the TS issues got sorted out and I didn't have to buy a coconut at a holy place.
Old 3rd May 2013, 06:56   #1999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anup sahib
Hi
Between Indigital, Tata sky and Videocon I had less problems with Videocon in all respects. ....
Thanks for your response sir.
I'll go with Videocon.
We've had very good experience with Tata Sky. Needed to call for service only about three times in 7 to 8 years.
Old 3rd May 2013, 15:02   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
PS:To call Tata sky I had to spend money,as their number given to us is not toll free. Subsequently I squeezed their toll free number from them which I now use
I too need to call these guys often. It pains me to see that I have to pay to get the problems of their box sorted out. For the benefit of other members could you please share it here? If not possible, could you pm me?
Old 3rd May 2013, 23:51   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Thanks for your response sir.
I'll go with Videocon.
We've had very good experience with Tata Sky. Needed to call for service only about three times in 7 to 8 years.
Anup sahib
Hi.
It is good to read that you havnt had many problems with TS.
Just a passing thought: I did not have any problem with my second SD connection. Is something wrong with their HD boxes?
As TS is working well do you still want to change?
Regards

Shipnil
Hi.Their toll free number is 18001806633 (from MTNL/BSNL line)
Regards

Last edited by faustus77 : 3rd May 2013 at 23:53.
Old 6th May 2013, 15:43   #2002
Senior - BHPian

Got My TataSky connection yesterday. Initial impressions on their service is impressive.

Booked it from Croma on Saturday evening and requested the installation on Sunday but was politely told that this might not happen. Also got a call from TSky Customer Service to fix up a time on Monday and again i requested for Sunday which they said they shall try and they did take it seriously. The TSky guys came yesterday evening and fixed the Dish and the HD Box.

Initially after they left, i started watching IPL and saw that the picture quality was the worst, same as what was on the Hathway Box. Good that i had taken down the Technician's Contact Number. Called him up and again and he came back within minutes to fix the Signal Strength and its better now.

They said HD will take 24 hours to get activated but generally happens in a couple of hours and it did. HD is just wow and i wish they add more channels on HD.

Cost is as follows.

HD Box plus dish plus 10 metres of wire - 2830
Extra 10 metres of wire - 200
Grand Sports Pack with 2 regional packs free (the 2 regional packs will always be free alongwith the Grand Sports pack) - 410
HD Fee per month - 100 but this is waived off for the 1st month.

I also received a message today that i can view some showcased movie free of cost.

I opted for the Grand Sports Pack as it is the highest pack with all the channels. Will see how it goes for a couple of months and if good, shall take an add-on connection for my parents house as well.

Thanks to everyone who assisted me.

Cheers.
Old 7th May 2013, 00:21   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Customer rep says that with Airtel we do not need to have a base package. So it is possible for me to just order my choice of ala carte channels? I did find that option in their website, but for some reason when my friend tried it out, it didn't go through.
Can someone help me out here? My renewal is just round the corner.
Old 22nd May 2013, 21:40   #2004
BHPian

Hathway has stopped all the Star, ZEE, HBO channels from past one week in our locality. They are not even picking up the call and when they pick up they just say the channels will be available at the EOD but the same story continues. Any reason why these channels are blocked and is it the same across Bangalore?
Old 22nd May 2013, 22:14   #2005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Hathway has stopped all the Star, ZEE, HBO channels from past one week in our locality. They are not even picking up the call and when they pick up they just say the channels will be available at the EOD but the same story continues. Any reason why these channels are blocked and is it the same across Bangalore?
The same is the case in my parents' apartment in Mysore, same excuses too!
Old 22nd May 2013, 22:31   #2006
Senior - BHPian

Our Hathway cable operator had also blocked Sun TV last month. When asked, he mentioned that its a pay channel and we have to fill up some form etc and hand it over which will be given to hathway etc etc. Many people in our area had issues without having any resolution. I had taken their set top boc for a month but returned it since the service has become pathetic and got TSky. My parents are still using the Hathway Connection (planning to get an additional Tsky connection for them)
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:52   #2007
Senior - BHPian

The STB went in to a software update last night and now Tata Sky has Star Movies-Action & Z Studio (not sure if this was there beforehand). Star Plus HD is now with Dolby5.1 sound. Anyone notice any other changes.
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:09   #2008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The STB went in to a software update last night and now Tata Sky has Star Movies-Action & Z Studio (not sure if this was there beforehand). Star Plus HD is now with Dolby5.1 sound. Anyone notice any other changes.
I believe these channels have been there for a while. Have not noticed any change in audio quality. Will a regular TV play Dolby 5.1 differently?
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:12   #2009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Called the operator today early morning. The call was picked and I was told the channels will not be available till Monday due to decoder problem. Called again after sometime - another guy picked up and said there is a discussion going on due to rates and there are plans for cable operators might also provide packages like DTH.
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:42   #2010
Senior - BHPian

The SM action I have never noticed before but then again I don't watch much. The sound thingy will benefit those who have this hooked up to their home theatre compatible with the format. Regular tv will just play the normal stereo sound, atleast mine is that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
I believe these channels have been there for a while. Have not noticed any change in audio quality. Will a regular TV play Dolby 5.1 differently?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks