Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2013, 06:35   #2086
BHPian

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH HD announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Any similar complaints from the other service providers?
I have opted for Airtel's all channels pack or mega pack as they call it. Channels usually get added and not removed during the year.
Old 6th August 2013, 07:29   #2087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys
I have just realized that Dish TV have pulled out most of the HD channels from their Platinum Pack.
Ha ha, I think what has happened is that they have pulled out the channels that were not HD to begin with, but were being up-scaled by DishTV and sold as HD channels!
So now what is left is the real HD content! Rejoice!
Old 6th August 2013, 11:19   #2088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys
I have just realized that Dish TV have pulled out most of the HD channels from their Platinum Pack.
Only the following are true HD channels currently available:
Zee TV/Cinema/Studio HD, Sony/Six HD, Star Plus/Movies/Gold/World HD, Life OK HD, Zee Cinema HD, Movies Now, HBO Defined/Hits HD, Fox Traveller HD, Discovery HD, Nat Geo/NGC Wild/Adventure HD, CNBC Prime HD, Ten HD, M Tunes HD.
Most of the HD entertainment channels have disappeared!
That too, after paying for the so-called 'Platinum pack' for the whole year!
Any similar complaints from the other service providers?
Platinum pack is SD. You would have got an HD starter pack which works for a few months only.
HD packs are world, premiere and royale.
Old 6th August 2013, 12:37   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I have opted for Airtel's all channels pack or mega pack as they call it. Channels usually get added and not removed during the year.
How much are you paying for this pack vinu?
Old 6th August 2013, 21:13   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
How much are you paying for this pack vinu?
As of 22/10/2012 - Rs. 6,536. The pack is called Magnum HD 12M ADV Rent Pack. This excludes the two Hitz channels; Sony and Star I think.
Old 11th August 2013, 22:06   #2091
Distinguished - BHPian

Got TataSky installed in my Grans place. Was fed up with the attitude of the local cable operator and due to repeated STB failures, tens of calls to the guy and casual attitude made me chuck his service. Called up TS customer care and even though it was Ramzan, the installation was done in two hours flat after calling. Called at 11:45hrs and the guy arrived at around 13:20 and he was done with his installation by 14:00.

As the TV that is being discussed is a CRT, I went in for their SD connection and the prices are at par with the cable operator. Customer care is 1000 times better than my Airtel HD connection. Today I got a welcome call with a ten minute long chat which was really professional. First the usual session of obtaining details, followed by enquiring about their installer, which was followed by the package and recharge details. After all that the caller asked if I had any feedback or issue. I did have an issue, ie Active Darshan not available in full screen mode. He acknowledged the fact and assured that they are working upon it and it will be solved soon.

Not sure how the long term experience goes, but the start is definitely way better than Airtel. If all goes well, I will ditch my Airtel connection in february, when my balance runs out and switch to TS.
Old 14th August 2013, 18:44   #2092
BHPian

So here goes one..! DTH business in India has got its first Consolidation where Reliance is merging with Sun Direct...and eventually Reliance exiting the DTH business.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...1000058_1.html

Wonder what next for the Reliance's BIG foray into entertainment, since DTH would have been a no-small entity in its whole canvas.
Old 15th August 2013, 23:28   #2093
BHPian

Now since this deal is about to happen, is this a good time to get a new HD DTH connection or better to wait for some time. Which is the best HD DTH as off now guys, have really gone crazy doing research on this, there is not a single company which does not have a bad service review on the web.
Old 16th August 2013, 12:26   #2094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Not sure how the long term experience goes
Well I have been using TS since 7 years now and not really had any untoward incidence yet. Yes they are professional and their sense of urgency towards their customers is there. The only regret is that they are expensive with less HD channels.
Old 16th August 2013, 13:01   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Which is the best HD DTH as off now guys, have really gone crazy doing research on this, there is not a single company which does not have a bad service review on the web.
Bad reviews will always outnumber good ones.

1. Find out who the top 3 in your city are
2. Look around and observe the branding on the dish antennae of your
neighbors.

Consider your observations while coming to a decision.
Old 16th August 2013, 14:51   #2096
Senior - BHPian

Is there any way to get just Free to Air channels? I don't mind investing in a dish & STB, just don't want regular recharges. This is for a rarely used TV in my hometown which will be used very rarely (say about a couple of months in a year).
Old 16th August 2013, 14:59   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Is there any way to get just Free to Air channels? I don't mind investing in a dish & STB, just don't want regular recharges. This is for a rarely used TV in my hometown which will be used very rarely (say about a couple of months in a year).
I'm not sure about the choice of channels but Tata Sky lets you suspend a connection and reactivate when you want to at a penalty / service charge of < Rs. 50. While under suspension, no rent or monthly charges will be applicable.
Old 16th August 2013, 15:39   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I think Dish TV has such a feature. Some time back they were advertising that free channels will be available for lifetime. Check with them if it is still there.

Otherwise you can always go for DD DTH.
Old 16th August 2013, 16:02   #2099
BHPian

What's the procedure for relocation of DTH, Inter city.
Call customer care and arrange for a re-install or
Visit a dealer and request to send them a technician. I am on Airtel and getting this connection was a tiresome story. So bit worried what happens if I have to sail through that again.
Old 19th August 2013, 01:02   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
What's the procedure for relocation of DTH, Inter city.
Call customer care and arrange for a re-install or
Visit a dealer and request to send them a technician. I am on Airtel and getting this connection was a tiresome story. So bit worried what happens if I have to sail through that again.
Yes best to call Airtel CC direct. Dish TV offers this reinstall free for certain subscribers (priority or something). Check if Airtel has such a scheme.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks