Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2013, 15:34   #6451
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Has anyone picked up any Products / Accessories from this website ?
http://www.mdrelectronics.com/

I was looking for HDMI cables, and his prices are quite low.
wondering if the quality would be low too

-Fillmore
I have picked up a spike buster from him and that transaction went pretty well.
Old 30th January 2013, 15:39   #6452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Has anyone picked up any Products / Accessories from this website ?
http://www.mdrelectronics.com/

I was looking for HDMI cables, and his prices are quite low.
wondering if the quality would be low too

-Fillmore
I have purchased a lot of cables from here. They have a store in SP road (Bangalore) too. Quality is very good and built to last. Highly recommended!
Old 30th January 2013, 17:12   #6453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
I have purchased a lot of cables from here. They have a store in SP road (Bangalore) too. Quality is very good and built to last. Highly recommended!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I have picked up a spike buster from him and that transaction went pretty well.
@Pri2, @Hells_Fury,

Thanks for the feedback. this is helpful.
Old 30th January 2013, 17:52   #6454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
Can you tell me where exactly is this shop in SP road?
Old 31st January 2013, 12:35   #6455
Senior - BHPian

There is one piece of 50GT50 available in Ghatkopar. Asking price Rs. 1.25 lac.
Suddenly this is turning out to be like real estate - last few flats remaining!
Old 4th February 2013, 16:58   #6456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
There is one piece of 50GT50 available in Ghatkopar. Asking price Rs. 1.25 lac.
Suddenly this is turning out to be like real estate - last few flats remaining!
Agreed. But how did you end up visiting a Mumbai dealer? Is this the only one available in 50 inch size or even ST50 too is available with some dealer?
Old 4th February 2013, 17:46   #6457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Agreed. But how did you end up visiting a Mumbai dealer? Is this the only one available in 50 inch size or even ST50 too is available with some dealer?
I had called him on phone. He had a 50ST50 (perhaps more than one piece).
However since he was not willing to give me a decent price, I did not pursue the matter further.
Old 4th February 2013, 18:26   #6458
BHPian

Quote:
However since he was not willing to give me a decent price, I did not pursue the matter further.
Well, if he has more than one and we two can team up for two sets, can we get him to reduce it bit downwards? I was not actively thinking of buying a tv right now but since the discussion is veering towards Panasonic discontinuing the plasma this year, I was thinking of getting one. But frankly, I haven't seen the difference between Panasonic Plasma and other brand LED tv's. So may be I should visit a store to check that. But I think there are no display pieces of this model in the stores. Any idea how this can be addressed?
Old 4th February 2013, 22:35   #6459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Can you tell me where exactly is this shop in SP road?
At the very beginning of SP road, left hand side.
Old 5th February 2013, 14:02   #6460
Senior - BHPian

LG 47LM7600 is available at 1.18lac after applying 10% off coupon on Ezone.
Visit your local ezone store and haggle.

http://www.ezoneonline.in/Products/E...cid=CU00045183

I hope the price is for a brand new piece and not a display piece.

In other news, someone purchased a 50GT50 in north India for 1.12 lac [including 2 extra 3D glasses, multi function printer (MFD), hungama voucher and Logitech wireless keyboard.]
Old 5th February 2013, 15:19   #6461
BHPian

I had bought a 46" Sony Bravia LCD TV with the Model No. KDL-46CX520 IN5, about a year ago on 10th Feb'12. Since 28th Jan'13, I started noticing a prominent Blue Vertical Line just about the power on green light. This blue vertical line runs the full length of the screen from top to bottom. Seriously thank my stars that I checked the bill and realized that it is still under warranty. Immediately called the Sony Customer Care and logged a complaint on 31st Jan'13, finally today the service engineer visited my place, took photos of the component and mentioned that the part will be replaced under warranty. Even he said I should thank my stars, would've given him a piece of my mind if I were there in person.

Here are my qualms:

1 - The warranty coupon mentioned that it is valid only upto Dec'12 and somewhere at the bottom there is a disclaimer stating with purchase invoice it is valid upto one year from the date of purchase. Does this somewhere mean that they already know something might go wrong after a year?

2 - Did some research on the Blue Line, I believe this is a known pixelation problem with Sony Bravia LCD and Sony had called back about a little over a 100000 of some specific LCD models to have it replaced. How would we know if one of our televisions were somehow missed in that lot?

3 - The service engineer said, the part will be available in two days and he would come and replace the same. From the date of replacement, it would hold a warranty of 1 year. I'm now in dilemma as to should I escalate this incident further and ask for a replacement or should I just get the part replaced?

Request your inputs and comments.

Last edited by si1ver0ne : 5th February 2013 at 15:20. Reason: Realized a typo error in the dates mentioned in the post
Old 6th February 2013, 12:36   #6462
BHPian

Quote:
This morning visited the Ghatkopar Panasonic Brandshop. He said 50GT50 is not available currently but if I order can get it in 10/15 days. Price 1,21,000. 50ST50 is available. Price quoted 1,01,000 after 12% discount on MRP.

I wonder if the pieces are available with him or he can order in two weeks time, why is that it can not be done by shops in Pune or elsewhere where people intend to buy one but are not able to get it because of unavailability.

I also asked about Panasonic discontinuing Plasma this year. He responded in negative.
Old 6th February 2013, 12:55   #6463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by si1ver0ne View Post

1 - The warranty coupon mentioned that it is valid only upto Dec'12 and somewhere at the bottom there is a disclaimer stating with purchase invoice it is valid upto one year from the date of purchase. Does this somewhere mean that they already know something might go wrong after a year?
I think this stands good for most electronics. On the warranty card you will have the date of manufacture, from which a one year warranty will be calculated. However, 'suppose' you had brought the TV last november or so, and the shopkeeper gave you an old piece, the purchase proof will help you to extend the warranty period to next november, as you brought it late.
Old 6th February 2013, 13:32   #6464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
This morning visited the Ghatkopar Panasonic Brandshop. He said 50GT50 is not available currently but if I order can get it in 10/15 days. Price 1,21,000. 50ST50 is available. Price quoted 1,01,000 after 12% discount on MRP.

I wonder if the pieces are available with him or he can order in two weeks time, why is that it can not be done by shops in Pune or elsewhere where people intend to buy one but are not able to get it because of unavailability.

I also asked about Panasonic discontinuing Plasma this year. He responded in negative.
The only stock that came into Maharashtra in the month of January went to that one brandshop. I do not know why/ how.

There has been no new stock in Pune since November and they cannot commit anything. There are pending orders as per the brandshops here.
However, at the same time, stock is expected after 15-20 days (I mentioned that earlier) as per Panasonic.
So, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Of course, the pricing you got is with a premium included.
50ST50 at less than 93K should be the target in your mind.
Old 6th February 2013, 14:01   #6465
BHPian

Quote:
Of course, the pricing you got is with a premium included.
50ST50 at less than 93K should be the target in your mind.
Today's visit was just an exploratory visit. I haven't decided whether I'll buy a plasma and that too from this shop. But just to put things in perspective, I just browsed few pages of this thread and came across few quotes in Chennai/Trivandrum. These were around 1 lakh for 50ST50 4/5 months ago. If I assume the prices of TV did not move downwards, then I think the prices of this shop are in that range only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks