Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2022, 06:24   #10126
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Would like to know your views on the below three models that I have managed to shortlist.
You can't fault any of them. All excellent TV's including the LCD LED Sony X90J. This is a stand out model if you're still in the market for anything non OLED. Is an eyes closed buy.

If you're not averse to other brands, you must take a look at Panasonic's JZ series of OLED and JX series of LED. The latter offers phenomenal value. Anything that is JZ1000 and above and likewise for JX900 & above, you're in for a top of the line viewing and user experience.

I'll admit I've not seen or compared the above TV's side by side. Viewed them all independently though. The Panasonic OLED and Sony LCD were top notch in their color, contrast levels and their ability to control light zones, especially on the Sony.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th April 2022 at 08:03. Reason: Corrected. Please report the post for a faster course of action. Thanks! :)
Old 11th April 2022, 07:57   #10127
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone please advice on what the next festive sale could be to snag a Sony? What dates are we looking at for an offline buy?
Old 11th April 2022, 08:07   #10128
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Can someone please advice on what the next festive sale could be to snag a Sony? What dates are we looking at for an offline buy?
Do you have a model in mind? I have got some good quotes recently.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 08:11   #10129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Do you have a model in mind? I have got some good quotes recently.
The 65" X90J from Sony. Is that what you got as well? Thanks man
Old 11th April 2022, 08:37   #10130
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
The 65" X90J from Sony. Is that what you got as well? Thanks man
Yeah, I found it to be really good. But I upgraded from a 12 year old plasma so I think it was impossible for me to be unhappy with it.

I will PM you the salesman's number.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 08:43   #10131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Yeah, I found it to be really good. But I upgraded from a 12 year old plasma so I think it was impossible for me to be unhappy with it.

I will PM you the salesman's number.
I am also upgrading from a decade+ old Plasma

Any pictures of the telly for us to see? Maybe shots of the telly in your living room so we get an idea of how it feels?
Old 18th April 2022, 10:59   #10132
Distinguished - BHPian

Asking for suggestions for a 55" TV, preferably UHD/4K.

Has anyone used One Plus TVs? There is one U series that comes in 55". Another one that I'm looking at is Mi and Realme. Sony is not in fray as we've had multiple failures of Sony. Other brands also are fine.
Old 18th April 2022, 11:10   #10133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

Has anyone used One Plus TVs? There is one U series that comes in 55". Another one that I'm looking at is Mi and Realme. Sony is not in fray as we've had multiple failures of Sony. Other brands also are fine.
One of my friends has bought Samsung 55" 4k UHD about 2 years ago and pretty happy with it. Only gripe was sound quality so he has got a sound bar.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 11:27   #10134
Senior - BHPian

Planning to buy a 43 inch 4K LED TV from a reputed brand like Samsung or LG.

I compared the Samsung and LG models side by side. LG models come with an IPS panel, which had great viewing angles, punchy colours and dark blacks. The colours in the Samsung model looked faded when compared to LG. Don't know if it was really the case or the shop fellow had tampered with the settings to promote LG over Samsung. Sound quality was also better in LG.

Please suggest which one is better - Samsung 4k Crystal Pro vs LG 43UP75xx.

Rohan
Old 18th April 2022, 11:41   #10135
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Planning to buy a 43 inch 4K LED TV from a reputed brand like Samsung or LG.
My LG 43" LED TV has been highly problematic since the time I bought it 7 years ago. Backlights have been replaced twice, a circuit board has been replaced once & there are a few permanent vertical lines on the TV. My plan is to buy a new TV the next time something goes wrong rather than spending more money on the existing TV. I am thinking Sony or Samsung.
Old 18th April 2022, 12:51   #10136
RYP
BHPian

Quote:

Have recently purchased the OnePlus TV 65" to replace the aging Panasonic Viera 55" as the primary TV. Have also extensively used Mi TV 65". The picture quality of the OnePlus TV is extremely exceptional. We checked into a nearby Croma outlet to have a look at all the brands - Samsung, LG, Sony, OnePlus, Hisense, Croma branded tv's etc.,. The sales guys were pushing for Hisense and Croma tv's and were least interested to show OnePlus tv's. For some reason i felt Mi and Realme don't carry a brand value to fork out 60k for them. Mi 65" in our extended family is quite good, but at the same price as an OnePlus tv was not worth it. I feel Realme is not fully committed in tv space, so din't consider them

Sony, Samsung and LG's are too good in OLED segment, but in the 50k -1L LED segment there's nothing going for them. OnePlus is as good if not better than them. And needless to say both Samsung and LG run on their own proprietary OS's - Tizen and webOS, which i was not comfortable with and having endured the pain with Panasonic Viera's own OS i was clear to have an Android powered one. OnePlus runs on Android and its as snappy as an OS can get.

Decided to go with OnePlus as there were no differentiation in the output quality for the extra 30-40k premium the established brands demand and we had a great positive experience with OnePlus as a brand. Conviced, ordered the OnePlus 65" on Flipkart for 59k after discounts and card offers- A Steal i would say. Picture quality is exceptional, any HDR10 content is gonna blow all the 90k- 120K LED tv's out of the water, a sure shot 9/10 for picture quality only an OLED can rival this, Sound I would say is 7/10 - par for the course.

Delivery and Installation was pretty seamless and even at 35% brightness it feels very bright (since 65" is quite large area to cramp many LED's), so 35% brightness of a 65" can be roughly equated to 50% on a 55" - pretty bright panels. Go for OnePlus, you can't go wrong with quality
RYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 14:02   #10137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYP View Post
Have recently purchased the OnePlus TV 65" .
Can you please share the model number as there are some different models available from One Plus.
Old 18th April 2022, 15:58   #10138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please share the model number as there are some different models available from One Plus.
It is likely this one: OnePlus TV U Series 50 | 55 | 65 U1S

https://www.oneplus.in/tv-u1s-series

Its the only version available in 65' series on their website. Has Rtings rated these guys?
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 16:14   #10139
RYP
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
It is likely this one: OnePlus TV U Series 50 | 55 | 65 U1S

https://www.oneplus.in/tv-u1s-series

Its the only version available in 65' series on their website. Has Rtings rated these guys?
Yes, he's right. There's only one model available in the 65" size. Anyways here's the link for the exact model

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/PMJ5lxuuuN
RYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 20:27   #10140
BHPian

I recently got a Sony X80J and the Sony technician who had come for installation is suggesting that I get a screen guard to protect the TV in case of any objects thrown on the screen. Have a 3 year old at home who throws things during his tantrums.

Have any of you used a TV screen guard? If so does it impact the viewing quality? The screen guard costs about 6K for a 55 inch TV and so wondering if it is wise to go for it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks