Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2021, 17:32   #13831
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
I got my 6s battery replaced at Cashify recently and no issues so far.
If you happen to have a Mac, could you check if it properly shows you the number of cycles and actual battery capacity and health using coconut battery.
My aftermarket battery after 1 years still shows 100% and shows 3 or 4 cycles, both of which I know is wrong. I am pretty sure that local guy did some jugaad to make it work like this.
Old 26th August 2021, 17:45   #13832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
If you happen to have a Mac, could you check if it properly shows you the number of cycles and actual battery capacity and health using coconut battery.
You don’t need a Mac, just go in settings - privacy - analytics and improvement - analytics data - scroll down to log aggregated with the latest date and in it you’ll find the current battery cycle count, max fcc and nominal charge capacity of your battery.

Note: share iPhone analytics must be turned on for at least 24 hours for the log to be generated.
AJ56 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 17:55   #13833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
You don’t need a Mac, just go in settings - privacy - analytics and improvement - analytics data - scroll down to log aggregated with the latest date and in it you’ll find the current battery cycle count, max fcc and nominal charge capacity of your battery.

Note: share iPhone analytics must be turned on for at least 24 hours for the log to be generated.
My aftermarket battery still shows all incorrect info there. Anyways I have booked appointment with cashify for replacement of battery tomorrow so lets see how it goes. I am not keen to spend on original battery only because I have been burned once with apple original in US after their slowing down phones fiasco and they made battery replacement $25. I had to replace that battery in 7 months (just one month after warranty expiry).

My wife's iPhone X bought in 2017 is also showing 77% battery health now and "service". But it is not really that bad in terms of usage so we are going to keep this battery until it goes very bad.
Old 27th August 2021, 10:46   #13834
BHPian

People who are still using older iPhone models, here's an interesting article I found to speed up the phones if you feel the performance is degrade. Worth trying..

https://www.businessinsider.in/tech/...w/85583982.cms
Old 27th August 2021, 10:56   #13835
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
People who are still using older iPhone models, here's an interesting article I found to speed up the phones if you feel the performance is degrade.
The problem with this approach would be: several apps are region specific (HDFC Bank's for instance). So, those apps only available in India would no longer be usable.
Old 27th August 2021, 11:01   #13836
BHPian

Quick query, we have a iPhone 12 within the family.

Sometimes when we try to make a WhatsApp call to the iPhone, it does not connect ie it just shows "Calling" instead of "Ringing" and does not indicate the incoming call to the recipient. It does not matter if its connected via 4G or Wifi.

Is there some setting which can be enabled to rectify this behavior.
Old 27th August 2021, 14:33   #13837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I called the nearby Apple Authorized service center (Aptronix in Borivali (West), Mumbai) and they quoted me 2854 Rupees. Will see if I can go on weekend. As of today, she told battery is available so replacement can be done right then and there.
I don't know why this amount is not uniform at Apple Service. I just got my 6S battery replaced which cost me Rs. 3600/-. They kep the part they replaced and told me that this 3.6K is the 'exchange price'. If I want my old battery back (which by the way was at 80% health), I will need to pay 6K instead of 3.6K

Old 28th August 2021, 10:00   #13838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
Quick query, we have a iPhone 12 within the family.

Sometimes when we try to make a WhatsApp call to the iPhone, it does not connect ie it just shows "Calling" instead of "Ringing" and does not indicate the incoming call to the recipient. It does not matter if its connected via 4G or Wifi.

Is there some setting which can be enabled to rectify this behavior.
It is not due to phone settings but it is a network issue. The calling/ringing is affected by both the calling parties. If either of them has a poor network it will show as calling only. Even with good connection speed, latency will play a role.
NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 10:29   #13839
Team-BHP Support

Apple is quoting INR 5350 for a battery swap on an iPhone SE 1st gen. That seems a bit, erm...ridiculous!
Old 28th August 2021, 12:40   #13840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
It is not due to phone settings but it is a network issue. The calling/ringing is affected by both the calling parties. If either of them has a poor network it will show as calling only. Even with good connection speed, latency will play a role.
Thanks NG_EV, the reason i suspected some setting on iPhone is because all the other phones in the house gets connected (Android) while the iPhone does not while on the same Wifi connected and Airtel as the 4G provider.
Old 28th August 2021, 13:13   #13841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Apple is quoting INR 5350 for a battery swap on an iPhone SE 1st gen. That seems a bit, erm...ridiculous!
That's great deal. When I had gone to Apple care in Mantri mall, the quoted Rs. 7000/- and 10 day TAT.

With guidance of friends here at Team-BHP, I bought a battery and tools from Amazon and replaced it myself. Total cost was Rs. 1600/-
Old 28th August 2021, 14:30   #13842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
It is. The standard price at Apple workshops is INR 3,600 approximately.
Old 28th August 2021, 15:16   #13843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
Thanks NG_EV, the reason i suspected some setting on iPhone is because all the other phones in the house gets connected (Android) while the iPhone does not while on the same Wifi connected and Airtel as the 4G provider.
Is the device old? Older devices had some network issues due to over-voltage done by Apple at the time of software update.

Unrelated post:

Apple is offering earpiece replacement free of cost for some iphone 12 and 12 pro. Details in the link below.

https://support.apple.com/iphone-12-...o-sound-issues
NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 16:11   #13844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
Is the device old? Older devices had some network issues due to over-voltage done by Apple at the time of software update.
No it's a 2021 iPhone 12, maybe I will just try a reset of the phone to see if it helps ... thanks
kochup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 17:15   #13845
BHPian

I had got my wife’s iPhone X battery replaced in June from a private retailer for 4000 and was also given a 6 month warranty on the battery. Dont know whether I paid more as per the market rate because I didnt double check the price anywhere else. However the battery is working flawlessly.

Most Viewed