Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2012, 14:51   #5566
Distinguished - BHPian

The iTunes Store is here!

At last! Rejoice! The iTunes store is here in India:

http://www.apple.com/in/itunes/

Eco Times article - http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/17473878.cms

Last edited by R2D2 : 4th December 2012 at 15:04.
Old 4th December 2012, 15:41   #5567
BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Nope, we had been checking the site since iPhone5 launch in Apple Store. Last week only they opened selling Contract Free iPhone5. I am very much sure.
Till last week Wednesday, the contract free iPhone5 is not listed in Apple Store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
Nope, factory unlocked iPhone 5 was not available in USA till last week.

+1. They just started selling it last week and is pretty much available off the shelf right now.
They were 200% available in Apple Stores across the US. 2 of my friends got it from NY and Phoenix respectively more than 3 weeks ago. My friend who bought mine 3 weeks back from Scottsdale also confirmed about its availability in the Scottsdale store.

You can continue believing what you know about but you have to consider that you may not know everything.
Old 4th December 2012, 15:50   #5568
Senior - BHPian

Look what happened to the iTunes Store.

I tried to download a movie just for the heck of it, but i got an error message "This content is not available for download in India". Then who is it for? Kenya!!

The iPhone Thread-new_itunes.jpg
Old 4th December 2012, 15:56   #5569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc

They were 200% available in Apple Stores across the US. 2 of my friends got it from NY and Phoenix respectively more than 3 weeks ago. My friend who bought mine 3 weeks back from Scottsdale also confirmed about its availability in the Scottsdale store.

You can continue believing what you know about but you have to consider that you may not know everything.

I am not very much sure where your friends checked the availability. As we were planning to buy unlocked iPhone5 from its release, we both had been checking the App Store every day even an Hour for the Contract Free iPhone5.
As i said earlier, we noted the availability only on last Wednesday and ensured with Apple Customer Care too.
No where I told That i know everything. Please understand other POV before using some statements.
Hope you understand
Old 4th December 2012, 16:08   #5570
BHPian

Quote:

I am not very much sure where your friends checked the availability.
In physical Apple brick and mortar stores (not web store).

Quote:
No where I told That i know everything. Please understand other POV before using some statements.
Hope you understand
I understood your point of view. Just that you didn't understand mine. When I posted about their availability you countered with a flat 'Nope' without even asking anything or thinking about the possibility that you may not know fully about their availability. Hence my comment.
Old 4th December 2012, 16:15   #5571
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Look what happened to the iTunes Store.

I tried to download a movie just for the heck of it, but i got an error message "This content is not available for download in India". Then who is it for? Kenya!!
LOL! Apple isn't exactly the epitome of reliability, not after the 2010 IP4's antenna-gate, and 2012's IOS6 and the Maps fiasco. May be someone else in Apple will get the sack for this.

I very nearly bought a Apple Mac Book Pro & the configuration that I wanted was Rs 1.52L. Went in for a Dell instead.
Old 4th December 2012, 16:37   #5572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Still I am opposing your quote
It's not available in Apple Retail Store till last week in Newyork city. My friend residing there even check in person for myself almost everyday.
Please do check the URL.
http://www.mobile-ent.biz/news/read/...-the-us/019999

Your friends are very lucky to get it before we ordered it in online. Let me know where they exactly got their phones.

I am currently in getting another iPhone5 from Delaware where there is no tax. So we can save some $47.
Old 4th December 2012, 17:04   #5573
BHPian

Buddy you can oppose as much as you want. I am not here to prove anything. I have emails which are more than a month old from my friend who bought my 4S telling me about the 5s availability and their prices and I have 2 live persons who bought it from US more than 3 weeks ago. I obviously can't have those 2 guys meet you or send emails to you supporting my assertion and neither can I post the chain of emails I exchanged with my friend in Scottsdale. It all seems pointless for a trivial argument. If you look back on this very thread you will find my almost month old comment of why I picked the 4S over the 5 even when the 5 was available and was only $100 more than 4S. I have nothing more to contribute on the availability aspect. You are right and I admit defeat.

I understand about your Delaware point though. I had also bought a lot of elctronics from there a few years ago because of no sales tax. I was in New Jersey then and was visiting a friend in Philadelphia when he told me about the Delaware situation.

Last edited by Cesc : 4th December 2012 at 17:07.
Old 4th December 2012, 17:57   #5574
BHPian

Quote:

Dude, it may possible that unlocked iPhone 5s were available elsewhere prior to 2 weeks but for sure, they were NOT available in USA Apple store.

Please go thru following link from CNET, and check the article publish date:

http://m.cnet.com/news/apple-begins-...he-us/57556356

You may continue to believe in your friends, but the reality is different.
Old 4th December 2012, 18:35   #5575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are right and I admit defeat.
Please, I am surely not a person looking for a defeat from a fellow Bhpian.
Just I wanted to share the details I got last week.
We were looking for Unlocked iPhone5 from all possible way. I had an enquiry with all my friends in different US states and online.
I was amazed on seeing your post. On regular checking in both online and retail stores, we missed the availability. Hence my posts.
During Black Friday, some of my friends were queuing in Apple retail store and that time too it was not available in places where they approached.
Somehow I missed your post. If I would have seen it I could ask my friends to check in different Apple retail stores and got the phone earlier.
Old 4th December 2012, 19:15   #5576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not here to prove anything. I have emails which are more than a month old from my friend who bought my 4S telling me about the 5s availability and their prices and I have 2 live persons who bought it from US more than 3 weeks ago. I obviously can't have those 2 guys meet you or send emails to you supporting my assertion and neither can I post the chain of emails I exchanged with my friend in Scottsdale. It all seems pointless for a trivial argument.
Again, if you post some information useful to the fellow members, it should be 100% accurate and Any information without references are merely waste and as a forum ethics, have to share the references if it's being questioned otherwise you could refrain from posting the piece of information.
Anyone here is ready to be corrected and shared information should not be misleading to fellow members.
Hope you get the point and I quit.
Old 4th December 2012, 19:33   #5577
BHPian

Quote:

I understood your point of view. Just that you didn't understand mine. When I posted about their availability you countered with a flat 'Nope' without even asking anything or thinking about the possibility that you may not know fully about their availability. Hence my comment.
I live in USA and I pre-ordered iPhone5 on the first day when they started accepting pre-orders. I can confirm that unlocked iphone5 was not available thru USA Apple Store, be it Website or Brick and mortar store. I have provided you the CNET link as well in my above post.

Your friends may have bought iphone5 for Verizon (still contracted) as they come unlocked from day 1 but you end up signing 2 years contract with them.
Old 4th December 2012, 20:18   #5578
BHPian

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1452635

Read through the above thread. The unlocked 5 has been available selectively for over a month and one could get it depending on who (Apple store, carriers or retailers like Best Buy) they approached and where (location specific) they approached them.
Old 5th December 2012, 12:02   #5579
Senior - BHPian

Guys how does it matter? now its available and that's it. Also, the handsets are not compatible with 4G in India so be wary of the ones thinking of getting it to use in India. 3G will work but not 4G.

Enjoy your phones.
Old 5th December 2012, 13:45   #5580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r
Guys how does it matter? now its available and that's it. Also, the handsets are not compatible with 4G in India so be wary of the ones thinking of getting it to use in India. 3G will work but not 4G.

Enjoy your phones.
In any case, the 4G won't work in India no matter where you buy the iPhone 5 from.

Most Viewed