Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2012, 19:32   #4816
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Give me one good reason to buy the iPhone 4S instead of Samsung Galaxy S3. I need to place the order tomorrow morning. In fact, S3 has already been ordered but I can still change it. Everybody says that there is no freedom, no Bluetooth with iPhone and you can't buy anything from Google play store either.

I really want to know if people are still buying iPhone after S3 has been launched and why are they still buying iPhone?
My cousin has his S2 - he's a regular chappie with some emails, tweets, fb and suchlike. his S2 has the second core mostly unused (yes he's run both samsung's ICS as well as CM9 etc).

iPhone4S gives you all you need, without talking about cores that no one has frankly any clue what they will be using for (making sliced bread?).

Plus the interface - iOS trumps Android. JB is smooth (very much so, finally), but still enough rough edges.

Mind you - Apple gives reliable updates to its phones (3GS will soon have ios6) while I am dependent on the hacking community - even for a phone bought 2 months back. Because the chacha's hacking community isnt as good, it stays on GB. The defy is meanwhile on JB already.

Ask your android friends - do they use it as a fill it shut it forget it device, or keep doing random keedas all the time. and do they need that?

/have 2 androids in the house, and one iPad2. if i had the money, it would've been the iphone(s)
Old 4th August 2012, 21:29   #4817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Thats a great news but is it compulsory to pay the data charges? And after one year how do we cancel the plan? Hope to hear soon.
Yes, Rs.3350 towards data plan is mandatory. Cancelling the plan isn't going to be too tedious IMO - as I haven't signed any agreement with Aircel.
Old 5th August 2012, 00:09   #4818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2

Yes, Rs.3350 towards data plan is mandatory. Cancelling the plan isn't going to be too tedious IMO - as I haven't signed any agreement with Aircel.
Does that 3350/- include any free calls or just 3g data?
Old 6th August 2012, 16:36   #4819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
just 3g data - with 2GB FUP per month
Old 6th August 2012, 17:03   #4820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
if i had the money, it would've been the iphone(s)
Good one phamilyman.

Android OS is currently affected a lot by malware attacks. Secondly, all of my friends who own an S2, who upgraded to ICS recently, have reported pretty unstable behavior. They say they preferred the Ginger Bread to ICS.

Samsung desperately copied the SIRI and they failed miserably. The voice assistant in the S3 does a below average job.

There are 2 Samsungs in the family and few common apps such as Angry Birds and all, do not run as smoothly on the Android based phones as they run on iPhones.

The biggest advantage of Samsung S3 IMHO is the spectacular screen and its mind-boggling resolution. Photos and videos look the best on this phone. Even the retina display cannot match the AMOLED display sharpness and color depths.

Go for iPhone 4S Pedaltothefloor. You won't regret...ever.
Old 6th August 2012, 22:36   #4821
BHPian

The most irritating thing in iPhone is iTunes. For a brand that claims to keep things simple, it is frustrating to pass through a gatekeeper called iTunes to transfer any files between PC and iphone. And by mistake if you connect it to a itunes in another PC, it threatens to wipe out your very existence

Last edited by Deep Blue : 6th August 2012 at 23:02.
Old 7th August 2012, 00:58   #4822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
just 3g data - with 2GB FUP per month

2gb data on 3g speeds and after that unlimited on 2g speeds
have about 300 local minutes / 100 national minutes on iphone plan
have some more local / national minutes on the 199 plan that is included in the advance rental
about 350 texts a month via the 199 plan.

and it is on per sec billing.

2g plan has more minutes on it, but the validity is only for 6 months. whereas the 3g plan has a year's validity. so opted for the 3g plan.
Old 7th August 2012, 20:39   #4823
Senior - BHPian

Maybe a lame query, but why no virus and malware on iOS? Is it because the OS architecture is closely guarded?

The only thing that is stopping me from Android is this. I love the S3, but not sure how the interface will work and worried about virus. I use my iphone for tons of online transactions.
Old 7th August 2012, 21:18   #4824
BHPian

My friends iPhone battery lasts only 3-4 hours, can it be changed or get a new phone ?
Old 7th August 2012, 23:29   #4825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Maybe a lame query, but why no virus and malware on iOS? Is it because the OS architecture is closely guarded?
Not really. The architecture has been well documented and Apple even has an iOS security guide to explain it in detail.

From what I know, there are three reasons for there being so less malware -- application sandboxing at OS level, signed binaries and the App store approval process.

There has been some malware that has slipped through all these walls but Apple managed to kill these apps pretty quickly.
Old 8th August 2012, 00:47   #4826
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
That is because every iOS app has to get vetted by App store. Every time my team members submit an app to Apple for approval, I feel like an anxious parent.

But, don't feel so safe in iOS. You can still be hacked. Check this: How Apple and Amazon Security Flaws Led to My Epic Hacking | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
Old 8th August 2012, 02:54   #4827
Senior - BHPian

This iphone 3gs @ 13K offer is tempting and now I am in a fix whether to buy HTC One V @17K and use my airtel prepaid connection with it or buy aircel iPhone3GS @ 13K dump the aircel sim and use my airtel prepaid number on it?

What is the storage capacity of the iphone offered by aircel?

Will you guys suggest me to go for iphone or one v? Usage includes EMAIL/INTERNET/MUSIC/PHOTOS/etc. I expect new phone to have excellent battery life/reliability/snob value.
Old 8th August 2012, 06:03   #4828
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
Will you guys suggest me to go for iphone or one v? Usage includes EMAIL/INTERNET/MUSIC/PHOTOS/etc. I expect new phone to have excellent battery life/reliability/snob value.
Just replied to you in the other thread (on the same question).

To add-on, if you want an iPhone, get the 4 or 4S. I don't think there will be any snob value attached with the 3GS, and the camera was less than average.
Old 10th August 2012, 14:46   #4829
Senior - BHPian

Is the offer still on? My mum tried getting a phone and they said the offer has been discontinued.
Old 10th August 2012, 15:06   #4830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Is the offer still on? My mum tried getting a phone and they said the offer has been discontinued.
It is discontinued now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks