Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 23:18   #8311
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Guys, how many of you have the front camera spacer alignment issue on your Iphone 6? Two of my colleagues with black Iphone 6 have this issue and today I found the same to be starting in mine too. It was a surprise for me when they came and told about the issue and I found the same in mine too. Mine has just started while the other two iphones have considerably dislocated spacers. Zoom into the attached picture and you can make out the crescent moon shape in front of the camera

Attachment 1446224

Also will apple give refurbished phones or new ones? If they are giving refurbished phones I will delay the return since my phone is just two weeks old and I dont want to get a refurbished phone at this stage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
This was faced by many people and Apple offered to replace either the front screen(includes front cam) or the entire phone. Check with a Apple service centre about it. If they say that the replacement phone will be from a different batch, go for replacement else take screen replacement. Also you'll get a new iPhone and not a refurbished one. The packing might be different though.
I was not aware of this issue. And after seeing your post, I just noticed even my phone has this issue. Not much but slight. I think I have around a couple of weeks of warranty left. Should I ask for replacement? Also can I ask for a black one in replacement although my current phone is gold?

Rachit
Old 2nd December 2015, 23:39   #8312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Should I ask for replacement?
Depends. If they can confirm that the replacement phones will be from a different batch, go for it. Else changing the front screen + camera will be just as good as those components will tend to be manufactured a bit later after the phones themselves. Regarding Apple products, if you even have an ounce of doubt over something, and your product is under warranty, dont hesitate to approach the Service center. I myself got my iPad mini replaced over a dead pixel - it was in central area- with no questions asked. That pixel was probably not even noticeable 90% of times, but they will try to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.

Quote:
Also can I ask for a black one in replacement although my current phone is gold?
Unfortunately no, unless there is some issue from their side (e.g. discontinued that capacity or colour ). The replacement works on serial numbers which contain the colour as well as capacity.
Old 2nd December 2015, 23:50   #8313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Depends. If they can confirm that the replacement phones will be from a different batch, go for it. Else changing the front screen + camera will be just as good as those components will tend to be manufactured a bit later after the phones themselves. Regarding Apple products, if you even have an ounce of doubt over something, and your product is under warranty, dont hesitate to approach the Service center. I myself got my iPad mini replaced over a dead pixel - it was in central area- with no questions asked. That pixel was probably not even noticeable 90% of times, but they will try to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.

Unfortunately no, unless there is some issue from their side (e.g. discontinued that capacity or colour ). The replacement works on serial numbers which contain the colour as well as capacity.
Ok. Thanks for the update. Will surely pay them a visit.
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:19   #8314
BHPian

Is iPhone 5s 16GB worth buying at the current price point of 25k? The small screen size is not a worry at all. The only thing I want to know it whether or not it can run flawlessly for the next three years; the primary usages being communication (call, text, whatsapp, hike etc.), capturing photos and videos, listening to music etc.
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:24   #8315
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Is iPhone 5s 16GB worth buying at the current price point of 25k? The small screen size is not a worry at all. The only thing I want to know it whether or not it can run flawlessly for the next three years; the primary usages being communication (call, text, whatsapp, hike etc.), capturing photos and videos, listening to music etc.
How much size worth of music/photos do you plan on storing?

The good thing with iOS now is, all subsequent updates are much smaller in size than they used to be (~2-3 GB as opposed to twice that earlier).

Even better, 5s comes preloaded with 9.0.2 and the update to 9.1 is 200 Mb so you don't have to worry about having the latest version.

I was in a similar dilemma when I was shopping for my father; he refused to spend 50k on a phone but silently wanted an Apple so 5s seemed like a good bet. What helped me decide: I know a couple of people running 9.1 on a 4s 16 Gb without any issues.

On my dad's phone, with all the apps he'd need and 9.1, he has 10.2 Gb free.

I'd say, go for it.
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:28   #8316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
How much size worth of music/photos do you plan on storing?
I have a habit of transferring the captured photos and videos to my PC once in two months. So the storage will be predominantly used for applications and music (around 4 GB) and I'm not a big fan of the former
Old 4th December 2015, 14:05   #8317
BHPian

I am in Chennai and cell services have been badly hit. My iphone 6 plus is from the US, while my wife's iphone 4s is from India. My phone still says No Service in parts of the house, while the iphone 4s seems okay. Any idea if due to the LTE and the US specification that my handset could be facing this issue?
Old 4th December 2015, 14:11   #8318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I am in Chennai and cell services have been badly hit. My iphone 6 plus is from the US, while my wife's iphone 4s is from India. My phone still says No Service in parts of the house, while the iphone 4s seems okay. Any idea if due to the LTE and the US specification that my handset could be facing this issue?
Only if your phone was drenched in water then there is a possibility of not catching signals. Buying from US will not have any effect on service signals.
Try and turn off the 3G & LTE and see if you are getting signal.

This might be very well due to the towers not functioning properly after rains. Just my guess
Old 4th December 2015, 17:08   #8319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
I was in the same confusion while buying the iPhone 6. I was a little skeptical for buying the 64 gb as the price difference was ₹10k. But now I never regret my decision.
Coming to the 16 gb 5S, the phone is worth every rupee, but it has a usable space of 12.5 gb. If you're going to use it for three years, & you intend to store music, videos & photos, then definitely you'll be running out of space every now & then.
So IMO, a 32gb phone will work smoothly without you being worried about the storage.
Old 4th December 2015, 19:31   #8320
BHPian

Hi folks,
Just bought 5S 16GB from Amazon for 25k last week. I am new to iPhones. Build, interface, touch etc is excellent. Have one doubt though, it is heating up while charging & while using 3G data. Is it normal or should I be worried, if so any solution?

Last edited by S.MJet : 4th December 2015 at 19:33.
Old 6th December 2015, 11:50   #8321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Hi folks,
Just bought 5S 16GB from Amazon for 25k last week. I am new to iPhones. Build, interface, touch etc is excellent. Have one doubt though, it is heating up while charging & while using 3G data. Is it normal or should I be worried, if so any solution?
Yes. It is normal for the phone as well as the charger to get a little hot while charging. LTE/3G or even Camera usage may cause heating up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
With the current situation in Madras, you will be better off turning off LTE which will save you some battery life as well as 'better' connectivity in 3G or 2 G.
Old 6th December 2015, 13:36   #8322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
With the current situation in Madras, you will be better off turning off LTE
Yes I am always on 2G even in normal weather as LTE causes my phone to be unreachable most of the time.
I only turn to LTE when I need to browse for something on the move.
Old 7th December 2015, 13:50   #8323
Senior - BHPian

After my wife I too decided to take the plunge and get myself an iPhone 6. I was a Nexus 4 user and the long lasting battery is a big plus to begin with. I have a few questions please -

1) What's the best alternate to aCar android app for tracking car mileage, maintenance cost etc.

2) iPhone's inbuilt Mail app is a disaster compared to the gmail app so I decided to download it. Is the Mail app actually that bad compared to gmail app or have I not been able to customize it the way I possibly could?

3) What would be some good to know tricks that would help make the battery last longer (I've already disabled background app sync) or some cool yet useful apps?
Old 7th December 2015, 13:52   #8324
Senior - BHPian

I have a question.

When we buy an apple device we get 5 GB of cloud space. However, if I have 2 apple devices (e.g. iPad and iPhone) registered in 1 apple ID (which should ideally be the case) should I not get 10 GB of space instead of one ? How can you expect multiple devices to get backed up in the cloud which has only 5 GB of space in aggregate.

Is there a way around this or am I missing something. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
After my wife I too decided to take the plunge and get myself an iPhone 6. I was a Nexus 4 user and the long lasting battery is a big plus to begin with. I have a few questions please -

2) iPhone's inbuilt Mail app is a disaster compared to the gmail app so I decided to download it. Is the Mail app actually that bad compared to gmail app or have I not been able to customize it the way I possibly could?
I too hate the Mail app. I use the Gmail app and I find it a lot better than the Mail app of apple.

Last edited by Pancham : 7th December 2015 at 13:58.
Old 7th December 2015, 13:54   #8325
Senior - BHPian

After upgrading to IOS 9 (currently on 9.1) the automatic iCloud back up has stopped. My phone keeps flashing that my iPhone has not been backed up for 5 weeks but it seems like a software issue as I read on the internet that many people are facing similar issues. Are any of you also going through this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks