Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 11:47   #811
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

How easy is it to copy content in and out WinPhone 8? Can I just attach the phone to my PC and copy a bunch of MP3s and Videos?

I don't want to deal with iTunes kind of Jail Warden. That's why shifted to Android.
Old 12th March 2013, 11:53   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Hi,

I have lumia 800 and I hadn't got the 7.8 update yet. As per my understanding it is rolledout almost a month back. Any idea about this?

Regards
Deva
Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The rollout started but has been suspended indefinitely for now due to some issues.
"Nokia confirms Microsoft's decision to temporarily suspend Windows Phone 7.8 update"

Source :
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news...rom=gadgetstop
Old 12th March 2013, 12:08   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
How easy is it to copy content in and out WinPhone 8? Can I just attach the phone to my PC and copy a bunch of MP3s and Videos?

I don't want to deal with iTunes kind of Jail Warden. That's why shifted to Android.
With WP8 you can just copy files using the windows file explorer. This was and still is not possible with WP7.5 & 7.8.

There also is a Windows Phone app that you can use. But you already said that you don't want to deal with jail wardens. That's one thing I like about this OS, you can do it whichever way you prefer.

With WP7.xx, we were forced to use Zune. But there are tons of fully unlocked ROM's available which made even WP7 visible in the file explorer.
Old 13th March 2013, 09:22   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Nokia Lumia 620 up for Preorder on Flipkart for Rs 15199/-
While most online sellers have Lumia 620 priced at Rs 14,990, the best deal is on ebay - its Rs 13,754.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....m=251241426708
Old 14th March 2013, 22:58   #815
Distinguished - BHPian

Checked out the Nokia Lumia 620 today at croma. It looks decent, although felt small to me since am used to the Galaxy s2. The phone looks good overall. The windows platform is quite new for me so was kind of lost there. One thing I felt was that the touch wasn't as sensitive as my samsung's. There was no lag as such but it wasn't kind of as smooth as the one on my S2. The phone was priced at 14500. Waiting for some news on the 520 too before taking a call.
Old 14th March 2013, 23:44   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Checked out the Nokia Lumia 620 today at croma. It looks decent, although felt small to me since am used to the Galaxy s2. The phone looks good overall. The windows platform is quite new for me so was kind of lost there. One thing I felt was that the touch wasn't as sensitive as my samsung's. There was no lag as such but it wasn't kind of as smooth as the one on my S2. The phone was priced at 14500. Waiting for some news on the 520 too before taking a call.
Try HTC 8S, the screen is good and even camera for that matter. What impressed me most was the build quality of the phone, which was the key factor i bought this phone.

Even after using windows platform quite a bit, there are times, when even i get confused in using it. Androids and Ios are far more easy to use.

But UI is awesome, next big thing after IOS perhaps
Old 14th March 2013, 23:51   #817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Try HTC 8S, the screen is good and even camera for that matter. What impressed me most was the build quality of the phone, which was the key factor i bought this phone.

Even after using windows platform quite a bit, there are times, when even i get confused in using it. Androids and Ios are far more easy to use.

But UI is awesome, next big thing after IOS perhaps
Problem is the budget. 14.5k is already a stretch and hence the wait for the lumia 520 since the specs look pretty much the same to me specially for basic phone usage. The HTC is prices near to 18.5k. Was almost tempted to pick up the I phone 5 on an EMI option: 16k down payment and then emi of some 2.6k thereafter.
Old 14th March 2013, 23:54   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Problem is the budget. 14.5k is already a stretch and hence the wait for the lumia 520 since the specs look pretty much the same to me specially for basic phone usage. The HTC is prices near to 18.5k. Was almost tempted to pick up the I phone 5 on an EMI option: 16k down payment and then emi of some 2.6k thereafter.
What are your requirements ? Will you use the phone, or someone else ?
Old 15th March 2013, 00:02   #819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

What are your requirements ? Will you use the phone, or someone else ?
Basic usage . What's app, fb, occasional song download. Phone isn't for Me.
Old 15th March 2013, 00:06   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Basic usage . What's app, fb, occasional song download. Phone isn't for Me.
Then try S duos, Xperia U, Xperia J, Xolo X900, Sony Neo L. All of them are around 13k mark, You may get it for less after bargaining.
Old 15th March 2013, 13:51   #821
BHPian

how does call waiting work with windows 7.8? I am unable to switch calls when I receive a 2nd call while on the phone already, I do get the notification and several options on the screen including end call and answer but somehow its not working and nothing happens on clicking any of the on screen options.

Anyone else experienced the same and have a workaround or solution to this issue?
Old 16th March 2013, 03:23   #822
Team-BHP Support

My phone was just updated twice today; once to 7.10.8860.142 and then to 7.10.8862.144.

This is the URL explaining the update :

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/ho...update-history

Doesn't make much sense to me. Any clue?

--

Is there any way you can get the phone to work as a modem (thru' the USB cable; not tethering).

Last edited by libranof1987 : 16th March 2013 at 03:32.
Old 16th March 2013, 08:38   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Doesn't make much sense to me. Any clue?

Is there any way you can get the phone to work as a modem (thru' the USB cable; not tethering).
There were a lot of bugs with the previous release. Those have been fixed.

For wired tethering, you will need to jail break the OS and then use a hacked piece of software. But in my opinion it's not worth it. Why do you want wired tethering?
Old 16th March 2013, 17:04   #824
Team-BHP Support

How good is the navigation on the 820 / 920 devices? Is it voice enabled? Is it as good as a dedicated Garmin / Tom Tom unit?
Old 16th March 2013, 17:16   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
How good is the navigation on the 820 / 920 devices? Is it voice enabled? Is it as good as a dedicated Garmin / Tom Tom unit?
The navigation is pretty good and yes it is voice enabled and completely offline except when you need to find a POI. The offline maps have most of the POI's, but for the ones that it does not have the app goes online.

I cant say how they are compared to Garmin/Tom Tom as I have not used those two.

The offline navigation app was exclusive to the Lumias earlier, but it is available for all WP8 devices and has been rebranded as Here Maps, Here Drive etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks