Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2013, 18:24   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refresh

After I got a 7" tablet for myself [Ainol, from China] and using it almost everyday for regular tasks, my old man got enthused and wanted a tablet too [he's not got a gadget freak bone in his body].

While the Ainol tab works perfectly and as expected, I wanted to get him a tablet that would be reliable, stable and work as expected [because my Micromax A110 smartphone recently had it's apps crash]. Didn't think twice that it had to be apple.

So this weekend that passed, I got him an Apple iPad mini, wifi. The device is solid, works amazingly well [is my 1st apple device thats not an iPod]. Connection to wifi is amazing [shows 3 bars where my 7" tablet only showed 2]. Also, I prefer the 7.9" size compared to the 7", after using it for a day..

He's very happy and we're both learning to get into the Apple ecosystem. I plan to invest on more Apple products, as time progresses. While at it, also picked up the 5th gen iPod touch for the wife and got the existing 4th Gen touch for myself.

The non-retina display isn't really a concern. At less than half brightness, the photos still look amazing and browsing websites is a charm. No pixelating while reading books either. Very satisfied and an awesome device, from the experience until now..

just saw the email: iPad mini wifi+cellular for 25,499 on homeshop18. Regular price is Rs.29,990. Just check if apple will honour warranty & support if purchased from them [meaning, if they are authorised reseller].

Last edited by k_ajay : 13th February 2013 at 18:29.
Old 13th February 2013, 22:07   #152
BHPian

Re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refresh

Is it safe to access bank account and do online shopping on iPad?

I am not worried about viruses for various reasons. My worry is there is no firewall protection on iPad. Is this a case for concern. On a PC I feel secure that I have a firewall software installed and running.

I had read in one website that if you are connected to the Internet through a router, there is no need for firewall at all, irrespective of OS. The reason given is that the router has its own IP address, and your PC / iPad has another. So your PC is not visible to the outside world. Is this true? I use a wifi router. Am I safe?
Old 15th February 2013, 12:07   #153
BHPian

Finally taking the plunge in purchasing the iPad 2 digitizer from eBay global easybuy. Shortlisted 2 sellers, but confused in selecting them.

1. Feedback rating is good, but not a power seller.
http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubViewIt...-IPAD-2-Tools-

2. Feedback rating is ok, but a power seller.
http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubViewIt...d-2-Black-Tool

I am ok with both the price, but can some one suggest from which seller I can get..go with the rating or power seller tag.

Thanks.
Old 15th February 2013, 23:59   #154
Senior - BHPian

Dreams buddy, go with power seller, I didn't check the individual links but having worked with eBay as seller myself I can say the seller is under more pressure for getting a good rating. Power seller won't vanish so I recommend that.

All the best!
Old 16th February 2013, 08:40   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Dreams buddy, go with power seller, I didn't check the individual links but having worked with eBay as seller myself I can say the seller is under more pressure for getting a good rating. Power seller won't vanish so I recommend that.

All the best!
Thanks pal. Ordering now the digitizer for Rs. 2723 including the tools.
Old 23rd February 2013, 12:53   #156
BHPian

I am in the market for an Ipad. Confused between mini and ipad 4. Whats the price of both? and also do both offer retina display?
Old 23rd February 2013, 13:49   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I am in the market for an Ipad. Confused between mini and ipad 4. Whats the price of both? and also do both offer retina display?
The mini doesnt have a retina display. Prices should be online.
Old 23rd February 2013, 15:06   #158
BHPian

iPad Mini 2 with retina display is expected early next quarter.
Old 25th February 2013, 09:54   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
last thursday, i bought ipad mini wifi+3g 16gb with indian warranty from Indiatimes shopping online when they had 15% off. total final cost 25,500 (29,900 original cost).
i checked it in shop physically and it's really much comfortable to hold and use for long hours than normal ipad which is bit bulky and weighs more.
my wife also liked Ipad mini ergonomically.
Old 1st March 2013, 10:05   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
last thursday, i bought ipad mini wifi+3g 16gb with indian warranty from Indiatimes shopping online when they had 15% off. total final cost 25,500 (29,900 original cost).
i checked it in shop physically and it's really much comfortable to hold and use for long hours than normal ipad which is bit bulky and weighs more.
my wife also liked Ipad mini ergonomically.
Went to the iStore for Ipad 4 wifi+cellular 32GB with retina display and came home with Ipad Mini 32GB WiFi+Cellular.

Found the Mini to be more comfortable to hold and use it for long hours as it is only ~300 gms against Ipad4's ~650 gms. The only feature missing is the retina display which i dint find as a loss (as you save almost 10k).

Last edited by bnzjon : 1st March 2013 at 10:07.
Old 2nd March 2013, 15:20   #161
BHPian

Need help from Guru's - how to log-off email in an I-pad ? i dont see any log-out button !

Is it built that way as i dint find any answers on googling and found many people had queried on the same.
Old 3rd March 2013, 09:11   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Need help from Guru's - how to log-off email in an I-pad ? i dont see any log-out button !
If you are using web browser based email client then it's same as PC or Mac.

If you have downloaded an app like Gmail then you have to configure it and there is no way to log-off as it is assumed that its your personal device. Same for the email client from Apple.
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:50   #163
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
If you have downloaded an app like Gmail then you have to configure it and there is no way to log-off as it is assumed that its your personal device. Same for the email client from Apple.
That's not true - one can log out while using the gmail app. Click (well, touch) the button on the top left - this will bring up the list of all labels (inbox et al) on the left. At the top, you will see your profile. Touch here and you will see "sign out" button at the bottom.
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:01   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post

That's not true - one can log out while using the gmail app. Click (well, touch) the button on the top left - this will bring up the list of all labels (inbox et al) on the left. At the top, you will see your profile. Touch here and you will see "sign out" button at the bottom.
Agreed. Excuse me, I never log off.
But the built in mail app can't log off, is there a trick to achieve that? Thanks!
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:14   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
Hi friend,

Tried as you said and i dont see the log-out button where is see the list of all labels (inbox, sent et all).

Am i missing something ? need your help friend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks