Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2016, 01:45   #23746
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I ordered a Oneplus 3 on Amazon just now. I was looking for latest processors so that the phone can last for a decent amount of time. Will post a detailed review once I get my hands on the device
Old 15th June 2016, 03:52   #23747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I ordered a Oneplus 3 on Amazon just now. I was looking for latest processors so that the phone can last for a decent amount of time. Will post a detailed review once I get my hands on the device
Excellent. I'm planning to order one. The only thing that bothers me is that why they did not make it dust/waterproof? IP67/68 rating? Why Oneplus why?
Old 15th June 2016, 08:51   #23748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
I happened to order this for a friend for 47$ from Amazon through prime shipping. The Black was 10$ more. Great product!
I just got unlucky I guess, thats a drastic reduction in price. in just a matter of days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Have not been able to test it thoroughly but it took 10 minutes to charge 15% of the battery (60% to 75%)
Below is the charge times for my Note3 N9000(3200maH battery) that I recorded yesterday.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-capture.jpg

On an average it has taken 4and a half hours to charge from 1% to 100%. Not too bad for me since its charged while I'm in office with very less phone usage
Old 15th June 2016, 11:07   #23749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
why they did not make it dust/waterproof? IP67/68 rating? Why Oneplus why?
Cost cutting. That's why Oneplus 3 doesn't have wireless charging either.

But reviews about this phone are pretty good! It's a big step from the Oneplus Two, which wasn't too much of a step up from the Oneplus One.

(The oneplus two was a good phone, but it didn't have much incremental value over the oneplus one)
Old 15th June 2016, 11:42   #23750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Have been using Zuk1 for the past one week! Just one word for this phone "Awesome"!
breezydrive

I feel the Zuk 1 with its CM OS & the good camera is underappreciated/ underrated. A little comparison with other phones in this range (Note 3, Moto G4 ) will definitely help.

Cheers !
Old 15th June 2016, 13:56   #23751
Senior - BHPian

4 hours SOT for the RN3 including over three hours of talking and an hour of GPS (easily). 3G was on mostly and the background activity was set to minimum.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20160615090350_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20160615092658_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20160615090532_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20160615090329_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Someone interpret it and provide expert analysis. To me this is stupendous real world performance.

oh and yes one bad thing - the earpiece volume is okay but speakerphone (esp with the iPaky case) volume is a definite struggle in noisy surroundings. (compared to my iPhone 6)
Old 15th June 2016, 14:07   #23752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
4 hours SOT for the RN3 including over three hours of talking and an hour of GPS (easily). 3G was on mostly and the background activity was set to minimum.

Someone interpret it and provide expert analysis. To me this is stupendous real world performance.
That's just about average by 2016 standards, and in fact shocking for a device like the Note 3. You should easily be getting about double that sir. For that phone, I'd define 4 hours SOT as 'drain'. Most of the reviewers and real life users report SOT's upwards of 6-6.5 hours. GeekyRanjit says his unit gives him over 7. ~7 is what you should be looking at if you use 3G. Please check for any abnormal drain by any app/service.
I get well over 6 on the Moto G4+ myself with 3G/2G, WiFi, lot of browsing and gaming included. (Just checked, and since a charge to 70% at 11PM last night, the phone is now at 22% with 4 hours of SOT). The RedMi has a bigger battery and should only last longer.
That said, two full days of standby is still very good. And that MIUI 7 still runs on Lollipop means it won't have Doze, to considerably boost standby times, which I guess would've helped in your case. OEM battery saving 'modes' just don't get anywhere near as effective as Doze.
(Perhaps yet another proof why latest Android is more than just a number? )

Last edited by mukul32 : 15th June 2016 at 14:17.
Old 15th June 2016, 20:29   #23753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Cost cutting. That's why Oneplus 3 doesn't have wireless charging either.

But reviews about this phone are pretty good! It's a big step from the Oneplus Two, which wasn't too much of a step up from the Oneplus One.

(The oneplus two was a good phone, but it didn't have much incremental value over the oneplus one)
I wish they included the waterproofing part. Now that would have been the Flagship killer.

I never felt the need of wireless charging till date. I feel, if I can go and keep the phone on this wireless charging cradle, I can very well connect the USB cable to the device. But yeah, different people have different preferences
Old 16th June 2016, 17:05   #23754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Did you receive your handset? How are your initial impressions? Looks like a beautiful device from the online reviews and videos that have appeared. Please do post some close up pics of the device!
Old 16th June 2016, 18:35   #23755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Did you receive your handset? How are your initial impressions? Looks like a beautiful device from the online reviews and videos that have appeared. Please do post some close up pics of the device!
Not yet man. I wanted to opt for one day /next day shipping to Hyderabad but the timelines of their delivery were not matching with my travel plan.

Amazon did not have quick shipping options to Tirupati. Again committed times were clashing with my return travel. Hence I was forced to order it to Hyderabad. Phone is shipped and will lie Idle for a week before I get my hands on it.

Planning to ask my dad to open and use it for a few days.
Old 16th June 2016, 19:59   #23756
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
I never felt the need of wireless charging till date. I feel, if I can go and keep the phone on this wireless charging cradle, I can very well connect the USB cable to the device. But yeah, different people have different preferences
The wireless charger is more useful when you are using a pendrive or memory card OTG and your battery has run out.
Its also useful when you've connected the phone to a TV for example

I generally do both of the things and trust me it's addictive once you get used to it.
Basically it frees up the port.

Like apple have eliminated the audio jack to make the phone thinner, Who knows? future phones may eliminate the micro usb port too.
Also with B-type, C-type, USB3.0 micro USB connectors, wireless charger sort of reduces that worry as it is a common platform

I was eagerly looking forward to op3. Now that I'm used to wireless charging in my 2013 model phone,
I'm disappointed to a certain extent.
Old 16th June 2016, 21:24   #23757
Distinguished - BHPian

Moment I read this remembered the last few pages of discussion on the same topic.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-2016061621214000.jpg
So very true, specially in our country.
Old 16th June 2016, 21:51   #23758
Senior - BHPian

My Nexus 5's battery conked within 1.5 yrs as it bulged due excessive heating when charging wirelessly.
My Note 5 on a full day use with enterprise emails and whatsapp still has 40% when I reach home. And the fast charging is a boon, I simply stopped worrying about battery ever since I bought Note 5, as I know that I can top up from 15% to 50% in just under 20 mins. I am running a black theme which helps the battery a lot.
Old 16th June 2016, 23:31   #23759
Senior - BHPian

Im going to check out the Oneplus 3 tomorrow aat the popup store in Mumbai. I have been delaying an upgrade for a while now. My Nexus 4 has lasted me 3.5 years and its about time to retire it.
Ill report back tomorrow after my hands on
Old 17th June 2016, 16:30   #23760
Senior - BHPian

How essential are internet security software for Android phones, and which one is most ideal? It need not necessarily be a free one, I don't mind paying a few hundred per year for a good one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks