Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2016, 11:35   #23851
BHPian

Re: Oneplus 3 - Transformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Sorry to hear about your ordeal with a brand new device. I got mine delivered yesterday, and touch wood everything has good so far.

1) I haven't noticed the wifi-range issue which you mentioned. Will check it in detail today once I reach home.

2) As far as the issue with colors is concerned, can you check if you have by mistake activated the "Invert Colors" toggle in the notification panel ?
I just checked this seems to be what has caused the inverting of colors
Haven't had that option in other devices so did not check that.

Anyway still returning the device for the wifi issue. Range is low

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Just guessing your issue also related to this. Ignore it isn't the case.
Old 28th June 2016, 14:19   #23852
BHPian

Re: ROM for "Nexus 4"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Use the purenexus, chroma or good old cm12.
Avoid Resurrection and Blisspop. Google the links.
Seems 'purenexus' has been discontinued.

Will check others.

Thanks!
Old 28th June 2016, 17:49   #23853
BHPian

Re: ROM for "Nexus 4"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Seems 'purenexus' has been discontinued.

Will check others.

Thanks!
velocity rom - blazing fast, one of the fastest roms that I used for nexus 4. It was discontinued for a brief while.

I happened to look it up after seeing your post and it seems the developer is again supporting mako/nexus 4.

https://www.android-port.de/themen/r...ko.7368/page-5

Its time I dust off my nexus 4
Old 28th June 2016, 19:51   #23854
Senior - BHPian

My wait for a decent 5 inch phone with a good battery life, fingerprint scanner and 3 Gb ram continues. Hopefully the zuk Z2 will be launched soon. I can't find any other option within 20K. Please help me guys.. I can go up to 5.2 inch screen size but not more
Old 28th June 2016, 20:00   #23855
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
My wait for a decent 5 inch phone with a good battery life, fingerprint scanner and 3 Gb ram continues. Hopefully the zuk Z2 will be launched soon. I can't find any other option within 20K. Please help me guys.. I can go up to 5.2 inch screen size but not more
Same boat as you. Eagerly waiting for ZUK Z2! However, considering that ZUK Z1 is still a hot product in India and ZUK Z2 being in super high demand in China, i doubt if Lenovo India would bring it in soon :(
Old 28th June 2016, 20:12   #23856
BHPian

Quote:
Size is such a mirage, i say. After using iPhone 4 since it was launched i was forced to make my next move and with great reluctance and hesitation i attempted and have got a moto g4 plus. Within barely few weeks of usage i think i am not only getting used to it, but my usage of laptop has decreased drastically, not only there is no looking back but also i think within a year or so i will start looking at 5.7 inches, and the samsung note is highly enticing specially with its split screen feature
Old 28th June 2016, 21:11   #23857
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a Sony Xperia z which I got when it first launched. What's a good phone to upgrade to? I am spoilt by the whole water/dust proof thing, so would like that in the feature set. And I am not keen on flagship prices. What are my options?

My z doesn't last long, so I would like a big battery to keep me going. I am running through almost three charges a day. Am an absolute power user. But no video games or anything. Lots of mail, chat, Web, and reading. On the road, it will be GPS.

Last edited by Red Liner : 28th June 2016 at 21:12.
Old 28th June 2016, 23:30   #23858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I am spoilt by the whole water/dust proof thing, so would like that in the feature set. And I am not keen on flagship prices. What are my options?
I am using Moto G3 Turbo which has a 5 inch screen. It's a dual sim phone and the moment I step out of home it's on 3G till I come back home. Heavy emails, moderate surfing and a few minutes of games, WhatsApp and social media is what I do.

It has a battery saver option which, if selected, will see a day and half with my usage. Without it the phone may need a recharge every night.

However it's a turbo, so within half an hour of charging it with the supplied turbo charger the battery will go from its teens to around 75%.

And it is water and dust proof too!
Old 29th June 2016, 08:25   #23859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3 Gb ram continues
Unless you play heavy games and multitask continuously, 3GB of RAM is not required if you have good optimized software.

If you can skip on fingerprint sensor(It's still not a must-have in phones), I think the Moto G is a fine choice. If you want more processing power and fast charging, go get yourself the Moto G turbo.

Nexus 5 is still a good deal but it has poor battery life.
Old 29th June 2016, 10:06   #23860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Same boat as you. Eagerly waiting for ZUK Z2! However, considering that ZUK Z1 is still a hot product in India and ZUK Z2 being in super high demand in China, i doubt if Lenovo India would bring it in soon :(
Hoping and praying that Lenovo doesn't delay the launch of Zuk Z2 given that phones with SD820 are already there in the market for some time. If the Zuk Z2 is priced closer to 20K, I will definitely buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Size is such a mirage, i say. After using iPhone 4 since it was launched i was forced to make my next move and with great reluctance and hesitation i attempted and have got a moto g4 plus. Within barely few weeks of usage i think i am not only getting used to it, but my usage of laptop has decreased drastically, not only there is no looking back but also i think within a year or so i will start looking at 5.7 inches, and the samsung note is highly enticing specially with its split screen feature
Well, some people adjust to bigger sizes easily while some don't.
I have used my colleague's Moto G4 Plus for some time and I don't think I can live with that size (I have small hands)
If I am okay with 5.5" screen size, I have lots of options and more.

Given the lack of options, I am seriously thinking about the MI5.
Here are my issues with MI5.
1> Only white color available which I don't like.
2> SOme reviews pointed out frquent network drops on 4G and very poor battery life on 4G. Can I get 5+ hours SOT comfortably?
3> At this price, you would expect a good camera. But the indoor/low light pictures from MI5 look pretty bad to me.

Any owners of Mi 5 out here? Would appreciate some feedback.
Old 29th June 2016, 10:28   #23861
BHPian

Quote:
Hoping and praying that Lenovo doesn't delay the launch of Zuk Z2 given that phones with SD820 are already there in the market for some time. If the Zuk Z2 is priced closer to 20K, I will definitely buy it.

Well, some people adjust to bigger sizes easily while some don't.
I have used my colleague's Moto G4 Plus for some time and I don't think I can live with that size (I have small hands).
I also have gone through this issue, my first attempt was mi note on its latest launch, i gave up on it in 2 days, and mustered courage again after few months and went for moto4plus

I also mostly have to use both the hands, but i am used to it now, moreover my mobile productivity has shot up by 5x hence there is no way that i will not use it

Although i still find it clumsy in yhe pocket ☺
Old 29th June 2016, 12:52   #23862
Distinguished - BHPian

Any users of the Xperia XA?
I am planning to ditch my T2 ultra to go for this.
Old 29th June 2016, 14:35   #23863
BHPian

Am planning to sell my Moto E 2nd Gen since I have a phone extra. Where do people sell their phones these days?

Checked a bunch of sites, but some of their rates were on the low side. Has anyone used "Atterobay"? Their rates seem to be better than others.

Also if anyone could let me know of any exchange offers on a good phone around 15-20K, I would appreciate it.
Old 29th June 2016, 15:51   #23864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Any users of the Xperia XA?
I am planning to ditch my T2 ultra to go for this.
Why would you but the Xperia XA?
There are far better options at much lower price. May be I am missing something.

Honor 8 is launching soon.So, that looks like a very promising option for me.
http://www.gsmarena.com/new_teaser_c...news-19099.php

Almost the same specs as the P9 but I am sure the price will be much lower. Might be a better option than MI 5 as it will have a better camera for sure.

Given that Honor is quite aggressive in India, I expect a launch in the next 2-3 months.
Old 29th June 2016, 16:25   #23865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why would you but the Xperia XA?
There are far better op----------SNIP-----India, I expect a launch in the next 2-3 months.
Yeah, thats a problem. It has to be a Sony. A little OCD on that.
What about the Z3+??

Most Viewed