Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2012, 18:32   #7966
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
How many folks using nVidia Tegra powered devices here?

I was looking at some game recommendations for my Motorola Photon. (Don't think anyone here is using that phone )

GTA 3 runs with zero lag. make sure you mod it so that it gives you desktop level graphics .

Sprinkle is another Favorite. great visuals and gameplay.

Check out the exclusive tegra zone here

Tegra Zone - Download The Best Android Games For Your Tegra Device

And are you on ICS yet?.the photon shares the atrix port and everything is working fine.

Last edited by Bluengel180 : 27th February 2012 at 18:35.
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 18:53   #7967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180

GTA 3 runs with zero lag. make sure you mod it so that it gives you desktop level graphics
One question- I use SGS2 but it is the I9100G version. I searched for the tegra zone app but could not find it on the android market. Is it that only tegra powered devices can view the app? Which gpu does the G version have then???
Old 27th February 2012, 19:13   #7968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
One question- I use SGS2 but it is the I9100G version. I searched for the tegra zone app but could not find it on the android market. Is it that only tegra powered devices can view the app? Which gpu does the G version have then???

If you have a rooted sgs2 then install Chainfire3d and follow steps mentioned in the installation guide. After installation you will be able to play 3D games.
Old 27th February 2012, 19:19   #7969
Senior - BHPian

Good news for (some) Defy users - the recent ICS ports are now (almost) stable. I can say so after almost 14 hours on ICS. The latest nightly has some issues:
- Cam (red lens) doesnt work. Green lens works without preview, one click at a time.
- Bit of random lagginess.

That aside, the battery backup is simply crazy, with wifi on all the time. Its not ready yet for the average user, but that time is not far away. Get ready for a bite of ICS soon!!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 19:37   #7970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
GTA 3 runs with zero lag. make sure you mod it so that it gives you desktop level graphics .

Sprinkle is another Favorite. great visuals and gameplay.

Check out the exclusive tegra zone here

Tegra Zone - Download The Best Android Games For Your Tegra Device

And are you on ICS yet?.the photon shares the atrix port and everything is working fine.
Just got the Tegra Zone app. Phew awesome!

GTA 3 looks nice. Will download it in a day or two!

ICS on the Photon is expected only in Q3. Ofcourse I'm talking only stock roms here I'm still a Android noob and don't want to take the plunge with custom roms, atleast not for now. Plus both CM7 and CM9 are not yet stable enough for my liking!
Old 27th February 2012, 22:26   #7971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Miren browser? you only recommended?
Yes sir, yes..! I forgot Miren browser. But that was almost like Dolphin.. not better, not worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I am using Checkrom now and used Rocket ROM before apart from different stock ROMs for SGN, I always found Dolphin HD to be best.
If you are on ICS you could try Chrome. But I still wonder why Dolphin is laggy, why not try making it a system app using app like T backup pro and see if that helps?
Moving the apk to system/app won't help. This slowness is not at start-up but its always there while scrolling. In fact, apps start up faster in MIUI, that's what I feel now. All my apps are in an ext3 partition in sd card, and even the Dalvik is there in sd.

Got to give Miren a try.

EDIT: Miren is no longer there! Where did you go? :(

Quote:
Good news for (some) Defy users - the recent ICS ports are now (almost) stable. I can say so after almost 14 hours on ICS. The latest nightly has some issues:
- Cam (red lens) doesnt work. Green lens works without preview, one click at a time.
- Bit of random lagginess.
That aside, the battery backup is simply crazy, with wifi on all the time. Its not ready yet for the average user, but that time is not far away. Get ready for a bite of ICS soon!!
Yay!! ICS is available for the Desire too, from MIUI-Au folks. Heard its becoming stable. But no camera!

Last edited by clevermax : 27th February 2012 at 22:30.
Old 27th February 2012, 23:10   #7972
Senior - BHPian

sir, thats funny, if u want, i can email u miren apk pm ur email ID.

seems all MIUI app developers are having same cam issues!!
Old 27th February 2012, 23:20   #7973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman
sir, thats funny, if u want, i can email u miren apk pm ur email ID.
Done. Please send me the apk file
Old 27th February 2012, 23:32   #7974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Done. Please send me the apk file
Boss,

tried this: 迷人æµè§ˆå™¨ ?

http://miren.cn/clientaccess/v1/down...-0-android.apk seems to download the 2.1MB apk just like that!
Old 27th February 2012, 23:42   #7975
Senior - BHPian

^^^

phamilyman, thanks for the link. Sadly the link is not openable on my phone connected to my stupid BSNL BB connection over wifi. I'll download the using a proxy when I log into the PC.

Phamilyman, is there any app to configure a proxy on android, just like the way we do on Mozilla Firefox using proxy lists available online?
Old 28th February 2012, 00:34   #7976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax
Guys,

Which is the slickest snappiest browser for Android? I have been using Dolphin in CM7 and it was just working fine. But in MIUI, the overall scrolling is not that responsive as CM7, and Dolphin has also become slightly slow in scrolling.

Other browsers I had used are Mozilla, stock android browser, Opera, Opera mini etc. I have not found any of these performing at least like the default browser in an iPhone 3GS - in terms of smoothness and speed of scrolling.
Chrome Beta is wicked. It's not available for download in India. If you have a rooted device, install Market Enabler and download it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman
I had only posted about it and raved etc. But the fact is that while it does have clever programming to survive a factory reset - it does not survive flashing a new ROM. And to me, that is #fail.
It is true that Theft Aware (now Avast Anti Theft) cannot survive a ROM flash. But it is able to deny USB access, so flashing ROM won't be possible anyway. So I don't see a problem there.

Note From Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the 'Multi-Quote' function instead of creating back-to-back posts. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th February 2012 at 09:00.
Old 28th February 2012, 08:01   #7977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class
^^^

phamilyman, thanks for the link. Sadly the link is not openable on my phone connected to my stupid BSNL BB connection over wifi. I'll download the using a proxy when I log into the PC.

Phamilyman, is there any app to configure a proxy on android, just like the way we do on Mozilla Firefox using proxy lists available online?
Did you try copying it directly to the apps folder instead of installing it? Try an adb push or direct copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani

It is true that Theft Aware (now Avast Anti Theft) cannot survive a ROM flash. But it is able to deny USB access, so flashing ROM won't be possible anyway. So I don't see a problem there.
I don't think it can block access to usb in fastboot mode or right when the phone is turning on.. So one will be able to get around it.. And flashing a new rom doesn't even require a usb access in many cases.

Last edited by clevermax : 28th February 2012 at 08:04.
Old 28th February 2012, 10:56   #7978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
You are wrong (atleast ref. Defy). I must have installed atleast 20+ new ROM versions since my ill-fated theft aware purchase. If you're ever in gurgaon, let me know in advance and you can "see" the problem "live"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I don't think it can block access to usb in fastboot mode or right when the phone is turning on.. So one will be able to get around it.. And flashing a new rom doesn't even require a usb access in many cases.
Exactomundo. In Defy's bootloader mode, theft aware is deactivated.
Old 28th February 2012, 11:10   #7979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
Chrome Beta is wicked. It's not available for download in India. If you have a rooted device, install Market Enabler and download it.

Chrome is only for ICS devices I believe, correct me if I am wrong.

Also, you do not need USB access to flash a ROM. With CWM recovery or Redpill one can easily flash any ROM. If the device is not rooted and/or kernel is stock, then there are many workarounds.

Last edited by anilisanil : 28th February 2012 at 11:13.
Old 28th February 2012, 11:52   #7980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Did you try copying it directly to the apps folder instead of installing it? Try an adb push or direct copy.

Quote:
You are wrong (atleast ref. Defy). I must have installed atleast 20+ new ROM versions since my ill-fated theft aware purchase. If you're ever in gurgaon, let me know in advance and you can "see" the problem "live"

Exactomundo. In Defy's bootloader mode, theft aware is deactivated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Chrome is only for ICS devices I believe, correct me if I am wrong.

Also, you do not need USB access to flash a ROM. With CWM recovery or Redpill one can easily flash any ROM. If the device is not rooted and/or kernel is stock, then there are many workarounds.
I think you guys haven't set up the app correctly. If you set it up to deny USB access as well as USB debugging, I don't see how anybody can flash a ROM. Even using fastboot. ODIN may be another thing...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks