Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 12:12   #10246
BANNED

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

If it's true, it's a great news for S2, S3 and Note users.

Quote:
Samsung's 2011 Galaxy S2, the recently launched Galaxy S3, as well as the first Galaxy Note are reportedly scheduled to upgrade from Android Ice Cream Sandwich to the hot new version, Jelly Bean. The Samsung Kies, OTA, or over the air update is reportedly due to arrive by August or September.
Read more at Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2 & Note May Get Android Jelly Bean Soon - Mobile & Apps

Last edited by ottocycle : 23rd July 2012 at 12:13.
Old 23rd July 2012, 13:25   #10247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I think they are being sold around 26k. The one lesser than 20k are CDMA versions. I am skeptical about ebay quality.
Surely not CDMA, it's GSM version.
I have purchased 15 items and sold 1 item from ebay and never disappointed about quality or product.
link
Samsung Google Nexus S i9020 Android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich Updated Unlocked | eBay
Old 23rd July 2012, 13:55   #10248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I wonder why Samsung stopped selling this wonderful product in India. Could be hard to find in Hyderabad. I will try to search through friends. Otherwise, I am leaning towards Galaxy Note.

Anybody has any idea about the shop selling the Note at cheapest price in Hyderabad.
AFAIR, It was slated to launch in Dec'11, which was then moved to Jan/Feb'12. Eventually they launched the S3 and skipped this phone. Too bad!
Galaxy Nexus not coming to India, confirms Samsung - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I will be going to Mumbai mid Aug. Will try to check that shop. Though it's hard to wait that long. I might end up buy Note. Will be checking out few shops in Hyderabad (Ameerpet area).
I will be in Delhi around oct-nov, will look up Gaffar if I don't find one here. Note is great, I heard a new one is about to launch. You can wait a li'l, if it does in the next few weeks, the price of current one could fall even more.
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:53   #10249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Surely not CDMA, it's GSM version.
I have purchased 15 items and sold 1 item from ebay and never disappointed about quality or product.
link
Samsung Google Nexus S i9020 Android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich Updated Unlocked | eBay

Thats the Nexus S.Not the Galaxy nexus.The nexus S is outdated
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:10   #10250
BHPian

What about all the products available on Google Playstore like Nexus 7? Can we buy and ship to India?
Old 23rd July 2012, 18:11   #10251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
What about all the products available on Google Playstore like Nexus 7? Can we buy and ship to India?
Nope, you need to be in the US and have a US credit card to buy it on the play store. I suggested the Galaxy Nexus to my friend when it was made available on the Play Store for 399$. He eventually got it through a friend in the US who brought it with him to India. It was a great bargain for that price and he has already got the update to Jelly Bean.
Old 23rd July 2012, 19:35   #10252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
You can still buy that in India as well on ebay! Both Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 are available on ebay with many sellers. Of course you wouldnt get Samsung warranty (but same is valid for a product purchased in US brought to India as well). Some sellers on Ebay give their own limited warranties though.
Old 23rd July 2012, 19:40   #10253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Nope, you need to be in the US and have a US credit card to buy it on the play store. I suggested the Galaxy Nexus to my friend when it was made available on the Play Store for 399$. He eventually got it through a friend in the US who brought it with him to India. It was a great bargain for that price and he has already got the update to Jelly Bean.
Did your friend manually update or did he get OTA? When did he get the update?
I have a Galaxy Nexus. Still waiting for the JB update. (Don't want to root this)
Just to confirm, your friend's phone is I9250,right?
Old 23rd July 2012, 20:47   #10254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
Did your friend manually update or did he get OTA? When did he get the update?
I have a Galaxy Nexus. Still waiting for the JB update. (Don't want to root this)
Just to confirm, your friend's phone is I9250,right?
He got the update OTA. Just clicked on check for Updates and he downloaded it directly without connecting to the PC. And it is stock JB. He isn't an advanced user and he comes to me for guidance for everything . I was the one who told him to check for the update.
It is a GSM Galaxy Nexus and I'm not sure if there are any other versions of the Galaxy Nexus out there, but I assume it is the I9250. Not sure why you haven't received the update yet coz Google has completed the rolling out of the update to the G Nexus and is now rolling out updates for the Nexus S.
Old 24th July 2012, 00:24   #10255
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Note is great, I heard a new one is about to launch. You can wait a li'l, if it does in the next few weeks, the price of current one could fall even more.
I was thinking about postponing my purchase. But then I read this post and now enjoying the awesomeness of 5.3 inch screen.

Bought Note at 31k. Includes flap style back cover and screen protector.

Question for existing owners.
Want to buy memory card for the phone. Should I opt for 16G or 32G? Also, which class of the memory card would be appropriate? (class 4 or better?)

Last edited by ottocycle : 24th July 2012 at 00:25.
Old 24th July 2012, 00:39   #10256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bought Note at 31k. Includes flap style back cover and screen protector
Congrats!
Is it on ICS? There was a discussion few pages back about the 4.0.4 version being the most stable of the lot, get that if you are not on it yet.
Old 24th July 2012, 01:16   #10257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
That must be some time back @Newpunter, I checked it and it was $349. Now the Jelly Bean comes updated on it out of the pack
Old 24th July 2012, 01:17   #10258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Yup Screen resolution is on lower side and this is deal breaker for me.

HTC One V lacks dual core but has expansion slot + good battery life + excellent screen + good camera.

Most reviews recommend HTC One V despite having a single core processor.

I will let you guys know about my purchase decision by end of this month.
I hope you don't use navigation. If you do, drop the One V immediately - no magnetometer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.faramroze View Post
HTC wildfire s could be better than HTC Explorer, forget LG and Samsung, you will not be able to flash newer and better ROMS. HTC hardware is still more reliable than other counterparts.
Wildfire S at the asking price is not VFM. At lest the Explorer is better value at the current price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys my nephew wants a new android phone. He is confused between LG Optimus One and Samsung Galaxy Y. Which one is better buy? He basically needs it for net surfing, calling, and gaming etc. Please help.
As others have said, the Optimus One is most likely no longer available, unless you get old stock (not a great idea). Your next best bet in the price range is the Optimus Net (single or dual SIM, both are available). The Net has better specs than the O1 and is well priced for what it offers. However, it looks really boring. The older O1 was actually better looking. But looks aside, its your best option.
Old 24th July 2012, 01:37   #10259
BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking about postponing my purchase. But then I read this post and now enjoying the awesomeness of 5.3 inch screen.

Bought Note at 31k. Includes flap style back cover and screen protector.

Question for existing owners.
Want to buy memory card for the phone. Should I opt for 16G or 32G? Also, which class of the memory card would be appropriate? (class 4 or better?)
This Sandisk 32GB microSD is what I am using on my Note. Works well, and is pretty fast.

According to XDA Forum, you can even use 64GB cards. I can't find the exact thread right off the bat, but you might find this an extremely valuable resource:

XDA Developers' Forum - Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000

Last edited by pillainp : 24th July 2012 at 01:42. Reason: Adding info
Old 24th July 2012, 06:27   #10260
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congrats!
Is it on ICS? There was a discussion few pages back about the 4.0.4 version being the most stable of the lot, get that if you are not on it yet.
Thanks. It still has Gingerbread in it. I head that 4.0.3 was problematic. So I will connect to Kies only after I am confirmed that 4.0.4 is available in India. I will try not to unroot the phone so early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
This Sandisk 32GB microSD is what I am using on my Note. Works well, and is pretty fast.

According to XDA Forum, you can even use 64GB cards. I can't find the exact thread right off the bat, but you might find this an extremely valuable resource:

XDA Developers' Forum - Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Thanks for the info about memory card. Nice to see another Note user .
To confirm, are you using "Class 6 -30MB/s 32 GB"? Are you already on 4.0.4? If yes, how did you upgrade? Kindly bear with too many questions. I may have few more since I am new to android world.

I had Samsung Wave 533 before, which is still in excellent condition. But was always felt and I was stuck with Bada. I am sure, I will have better experience with Android.

Just saw this http://www.flipkart.com/strontium-me...1-51fdadc75562. They are claiming it's class 10. It's coming out to be cheaper than SanDisk class 6 (the ebay link).

Last edited by ottocycle : 24th July 2012 at 06:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks