Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2012, 12:42   #10321
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Hopefully Defy owners should get a proper JB by end of August.
Hey,

If you mean CM based JB update. Stable one is almost there. may be a few days and we shall have a niggle free daily use ROM soon. I have been using one since last couple of days and its going smooth.

And if you refering to official update from Motorola, I don't think its ever happening. I was going through a list of phones that going to get official ICS / JB Update from motorola and in that MB526 aka Defy Plus is to remain on 2.3

"DEFY+ MB526 Will remain on Android 2.3."

Source : https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 26th July 2012 at 12:43.
Old 26th July 2012, 13:46   #10322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hey,

And if you refering to official update from Motorola,...
Not Motorola, of course.
CM 10 is the only way forward.
Good that you are already using JB alpha and are enjoying it.
I hope to upgrade by next month.
Old 26th July 2012, 13:55   #10323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Not Motorola, of course.
CM 10 is the only way forward.
Good that you are already using JB alpha and are enjoying it.
I hope to upgrade by next month.
Why next month? Go ahead and do it. Its very smooth and stable. I have not had any reboots or issues so far. My useage is only on 2G networking involving calls, sms, emails, tbhp, xda, whatsapp, youtube, google now, maps, few work related apps etc. I am not a mobile gamer. So no idea if they even work

The camera and rest of the OS is stable. I would easily call it a dialy use ROM. Currently downloading 24th July Built and shall flash it sometime during the day.

Regards,
Old 26th July 2012, 14:02   #10324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l

Why next month? Go ahead and do it. Its very smooth and stable. I have not had any reboots or issues so far. My useage is only on 2G networking involving calls, sms, emails, tbhp, xda, whatsapp, Youtube, google now, maps, few work related apps etc. I am not a mobile gamer. So no idea if they even work

The camera and rest of the OS is stable. I would easily call it a dialy use ROM. Currently downloading 24th July Built and shall flash it sometime during the day.

Regards,
As you are using the CM10, can you let us know the comparion between this & CM9 ROMs , in terms of smoothness & performance?

I am currently on 16th July Defy+ CM9.. wants to know if CM10 is faster, As I m not that impressed with ICS
Old 26th July 2012, 14:12   #10325
Senior - BHPian

While we have the JB discussions going on, let me go back in time and ask about CM7

Anyone using latest CM7.2? I've been running 7.1 for a while. Is it worth installing 7.2? Any big changes or improvements in that?
Old 26th July 2012, 15:16   #10326
BHPian

hi recently purchased Samsung S2, can I root my phone, and will it break the warranty ??
Old 26th July 2012, 15:18   #10327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
hi recently purchased Samsung S2, can I root my phone, and will it break the warranty ??
Nope it won't. And you can unroot it anytime you want.
No issues. For example, if you get a problem with your phone, unroot it before taking it for repair.
Old 26th July 2012, 15:20   #10328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
As you are using the CM10, can you let us know the comparion between this & CM9 ROMs , in terms of smoothness & performance?

I am currently on 16th July Defy+ CM9.. wants to know if CM10 is faster, As I m not that impressed with ICS
Hey,

I have been using CM10 since almost 3-4 days now. all the basics are working very well. Calls, Camera, music, BT for Punto etc. The CM10 is way more smoother than the CM9. I did use CM9 too for a while before jumping to CM10. Right now on CM10 by Quarx CM10-20120724-NIGHTLY-mb526 built.
The transitions between screens and loading of apps etc is very swift.

Coming to performance, Sorry i wont be able to tell you much as you may read from my previous post, my useage is pretty minimal. Useage is only on 2G networking involving calls, sms, emails, tbhp, xda, whatsapp, youtube, google now, maps, few work related apps etc

Some still dont recon this built as "daily" ROM. But if you are a user like me, i would say happily go ahead. In terms of battery, I get one full day. So thats pretty much the same i used to get on stock GB 2.3. Nothing changed here.

Regards,
Old 26th July 2012, 16:17   #10329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Nope it won't. And you can unroot it anytime you want.
No issues. For example, if you get a problem with your phone, unroot it before taking it for repair.
smart..eh ? Hmm..I will surely try it then..
Old 26th July 2012, 17:35   #10330
Senior - BHPian

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and the software of which I upgraded from Ginger Bread to Ice Cream Sandwich through Kies. However, after the upgrade I find the phone very slow and the response has become poor. I now want to roll back to the previous version but read that there is no official roll back process available. What is the way out of this ? Any suggestions please.
Old 26th July 2012, 18:38   #10331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and the software of which I upgraded from Ginger Bread to Ice Cream Sandwich through Kies. However, after the upgrade I find the phone very slow and the response has become poor. What is the way out of this ? Any suggestions please.
Try a factory reset after backing up all your contacts and important sms and photographs and videos.
That should do the trick
Old 26th July 2012, 19:03   #10332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hey,

I have been using CM10 since almost 3-4 days now. all the basics are working very well. Calls, Camera, music, BT for Punto etc. The CM10 is way more smoother than the CM9. I did use CM9 too for a while before jumping to CM10. Right now on CM10 by Quarx CM10-20120724-NIGHTLY-mb526 built.
The transitions between screens and loading of apps etc is very swift.

Coming to performance, Sorry i wont be able to tell you much as you may read from my previous post, my useage is pretty minimal. Useage is only on 2G networking involving calls, sms, emails, tbhp, xda, whatsapp, Youtube, google now, maps, few work related apps etc

Some still dont recon this built as "daily" ROM. But if you are a user like me, i would say happily go ahead. In terms of battery, I get one full day. So thats pretty much the same i used to get on stock GB 2.3. Nothing changed here.

Regards,
Thanks mate. That much info is enough to plan a CM10 upgrade
Will do so this weekend & update my thoughts .. till then experiencing CM9 for the sake of ICS.
Old 26th July 2012, 22:19   #10333
BHPian

Since yesterday I have started facing a strange problem. Suddenly the network signal strength drops, becomes zero and a cross appears on it. When I try calling it at that moment it shows " not registered on network". Then after 10-15 sec it becomes normal and signal strength regains. Since yesterday it has happened about 5-6 times. By the way I updated my phone to Android 2.3.3 a month ago. My phone is LG Optimus One. Please help.
Old 26th July 2012, 22:31   #10334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie
Since yesterday I have started facing a strange problem. Suddenly the network signal strength drops, becomes zero and a cross appears on it. When I try calling it at that moment it shows " not registered on network". Then after 10-15 sec it becomes normal and signal strength regains. Since yesterday it has happened about 5-6 times. By the way I updated my phone to Android 2.3.3 a month ago. My phone is LG Optimus One. Please help.
Which provider? May be some upgrade / maintanace is being carried out?
Is the same issue observed on same network but on different phone?
Any new app you installed?
Old 27th July 2012, 01:28   #10335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
The price was 23.5K which was at least 3K less than what I have seen in most shops / online stores. So definitely worth a wait
Hope the box was sealed and the seal was genuine and with hologram?

Most Viewed