Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2012, 14:57   #12256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
You could also consider Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus, Samsung Galaxy S Duos, Sony Xperia Sola, Sony Xperia Go and HTC Desire V in this price range.

Rohan
Ace is very old and overall, I'm not a big fan of TouchWiz myself. Would prefer Sense/HTC for ease of use.

Else I'm thinking of Lumia 610 in the ~12k range.

Isn't Desire V dual sim and close to 15k mark?
Old 4th November 2012, 15:06   #12257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
1.My S3 also serves as my primary music player.Can the
Nexus 4 match up to the S3 in terms of music clarity??
1.Wait for Nexus tear-down from iFixit etc.

S3 has a separate DAC chip which is better than built-in DAC of S4 and Exynos CPU SOCs.

If Nexus too has a similar DAC, it can match S3 in this area.

2. Storage: How much music do you carry at the moment?
Old 4th November 2012, 17:18   #12258
BHPian

Back to Android world.... Got my Karbonn A21 today and playing with it. The initial impression is very good, need to see the performance after few days of usage.
Old 4th November 2012, 19:52   #12259
Senior - BHPian

A question for Motorola Defy users:

When I was in Sri Lanka last week, I got hold of a pre-paid sim card from a provider named Dialog. The package they provided was Rs 700 free IDD, 50 local calls and also 1 GB of 3G/ GPRS free for 5 days.

Though the network was good even in interior areas, the only thing I could not get to work was the 3G/ GPRS. Despite searching for available networks and selecting Dialog, the 'H' or '3G' or 'E' symbol was not showing up. I took it to a Dialog center at Kandy, and even they could not get it to work. However it worked like a charm on my daughter's Samsung Galaxy S Advance.

Does any of you know what the reason could be with my Defy not picking up the 3 G or GPRS signal?

I tried with various settings like have Data roaming on or off, background data on or off, data connection on or off, but of no avail.

Edit: My Defy is on stock Froyo--it had come with Eclair and I upgraded to Froyo later.

Last edited by vnabhi : 4th November 2012 at 19:54.
Old 4th November 2012, 20:15   #12260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay

1.Wait for Nexus tear-down from iFixit etc.

S3 has a separate DAC chip which is better than built-in DAC of S4 and Exynos CPU SOCs.

If Nexus too has a similar DAC, it can match S3 in this area.

2. Storage: How much music do you carry at the moment?
1.Thanks

2.As of now 9.2GB and increasing!!Add apps,HD Videos and Photos shot to that and 16GB seems little!!
Old 4th November 2012, 23:06   #12261
Senior - BHPian

Got the Micromax A110 today! Was quite surprised by the quality of the display. Not as sharp as say a HTC, but very good nonetheless.

Will post up more info as I use the phone.
Old 4th November 2012, 23:07   #12262
BHPian

Guys my Whatsapp is not initializing.

I bought an Xperia Tipo today and right now I tried starting Whatsapp on wifi and it asked me for my name. After that it said "Initializing"
After 5 minutes or so it says "failed to initialize"
My data traffic is on, wifi is on, even tried uninstalling and reinstalling whatsapp but it just doesn't work.

Please help!

Using Vodafone prepaid btw and don't have any active data plan.

Last edited by StrangeWizard : 4th November 2012 at 23:10.
Old 4th November 2012, 23:42   #12263
BHPian

I have a weird problem on my S2. When i dial in to my conf bridge, i need to enter the conf id while still on the call to join the correct bridge, usually a number a 10 digit number like 4201578872. When i enter this number, it shows up correctly on the screen, but doesn't get entered in the same way. I get to know the incorrect number since it is read out saying i have entered an invalid conf code. The number will be usually be something like 42220001555778822, etc I am really puzzled by this. I have changed Kernels, Modems, Firmwares etc but the problem does not go away. I am using my wife's mobile for all my conf calls and having a mobile is not serving the basic purpose of calls!
I tried on my wife's nokia mobile and everything works well. So the problem is with my mobile. Does anybody else face this issue? I am searching online also. Not much info on this on XDA forums. Should i try a new dialer? I am sure most of the IT folks will be using their mobiles to dial into the conf bridges. Has anyone else faced this problem?

I am currently on Dorimanx kernel, CM10 (Primary ROM) latest nightly and Chameleon ICS (Secondary ROM) and LQ6 modem. Please help

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 4th November 2012 at 23:46.
Old 4th November 2012, 23:49   #12264
BHPian

Finally flashed my Neo V with unofficial CM10 ROM after playing around with lots of ICS based ROMs. JB is just amazing and project butter really made a difference to my phone. Menus, transitions, animations are butter smooth. It may not show that much difference in high-end phones, but it does shine in my Neo V with single core and measly 512mb RAM.

Now waiting for the 4.2 codebase to integrate with CM10.
Old 5th November 2012, 02:03   #12265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Guys my Whatsapp is not initializing.

I bought an Xperia Tipo today and right now I tried starting Whatsapp on wifi and it asked me for my name. After that it said "Initializing"
After 5 minutes or so it says "failed to initialize"
My data traffic is on, wifi is on, even tried uninstalling and reinstalling whatsapp but it just doesn't work.

Please help!

Using Vodafone prepaid btw and don't have any active data plan.
Are you trying that with the latest version? Recall having some similar issue on my Xperia when it was new. Simply updating WA solved the issue.
Old 5th November 2012, 02:07   #12266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Are you trying that with the latest version? Recall having some similar issue on my Xperia when it was new. Simply updating WA solved the issue.
Yes its the latest version. When i first opened up whatsapp i was prompted to update it via the play store. After updating it, it doesn't initialize. I'm using it on wifi.

EDIT: I found this site where users have reported that they are facing similar problems today. http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/whatsapp.com.html

Last edited by StrangeWizard : 5th November 2012 at 02:21.
Old 5th November 2012, 08:35   #12267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi
Finally flashed my Neo V with unofficial CM10 ROM after playing around with lots of ICS based ROMs. JB is just amazing and project butter really made a difference to my phone. Menus, transitions, animations are butter smooth. It may not show that much difference in high-end phones, but it does shine in my Neo V with single core and measly 512mb RAM.

Now waiting for the 4.2 codebase to integrate with CM10.
Having played with many ICS and JB Roms on my Defy Plus, I feel you can't truly experience the potential of JB on a single core 1 ghz proc and 512mb RAM.

Try MIUI or Wajkiui ROM, especially the GB one. You'll be amazed at the speed, stability and usability.
Old 5th November 2012, 08:56   #12268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I have a weird problem on my S2. When i dial in to my conf bridge, i need to enter the conf id while still on the call to join the correct bridge
Try adding conf code in the number itself. E.g. if the conf telephone number is 4444 4444 in Mumbai (+91 22 code), and conf dial in is 23456785, complete number would be:

+912244444444,,,,23456785

If you click on this number on email or dial complete number, phone should :

1. Dial the +912244444444 number
2. Wait for few seconds (change number of , to change that duration)
3. Dial the code
Old 5th November 2012, 09:48   #12269
MCR
BHPian

Bought the Karbon A9+ last week. Simply amazed by the VFM this phone offers. It comes with Android 4.0 with 1.2 Ghz Dual core processor and 512 MB RAM. Its a fast phone and plays all the apps / games without any lag (ex. Temple run). The display is brilliant as well as the signal strength and 3G. There are only two negatives though, one is the battery back up, which just lasts for 1.5 days and two, the speaker where the voice cracks a bit at full volume.
Old 5th November 2012, 10:57   #12270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Having played with many ICS and JB Roms on my Defy Plus, I feel you can't truly experience the potential of JB on a single core 1 ghz proc and 512mb RAM.

Try MIUI or Wajkiui ROM, especially the GB one. You'll be amazed at the speed, stability and usability.
Well, after tasting JB I'm no way going back to ICS, forget about GB. The speed and features are too much to give up. CM10 on my phone is freaking fast. It does give very good competition to my Nexus 7 in terms of menu transitions, animations etc. Where it falls behind is gaming. With JB, the memory management on the phone is optimum IMHO at least for Neo V.

Another thing I forgot to mention is the battery performance. I've never got such good battery utilization from my Neo V. This is with Wifi, bluetooth ON all the time with FB, Gmail etc sync ON. -

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20121104213921.png

Last edited by Gandhi : 5th November 2012 at 11:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks