Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2015, 20:29   #22081
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post

Are there any areas where Moto X is better than the 6P barring the dual SIM convenience?
I believe moto has a higher mp camera, 21mp IIRC, however, nexus 6P camera is also suppose to be great, esp. for light light photos (as claimed by google). Also moto has extendable memory, while with nexus you are stuck with what you buy.

Having said that if one can do without the dual sim, then in terms of style as well as functionality I would without a doubt go for nexus 6P.
Old 20th October 2015, 20:37   #22082
BHPian

I had ordered the Moto X play during the big billion sale, got the 32gb variant for 17k after trading in my Moto E1. Estimated delivery date was 26th Oct, but I got it within 2 days of placing the order! That was pretty quick considering the demand. The UI isn't all new to me, my Moto E was running 5.1 and this is running 5.1.1
The screen is kinda big compared to the compact E, the camera is a huge step up! From a 5mpx fixed focus shooter to a 21mpx AF with dual CCT flash! Front cam clarity is amazing too! No lags so far! Love the way it wakes up the ambient display every time I pick it up from the desk or pull it out of my pocket. Typical of Moto X!

Moto voice is awesome! Wakes up the screen with just a "Hello Moto X" command!

Had the phone running on 4G when I took it out of the box, it did heat up after prolonged usage of 4G. Issue got resolved after I switched to 3G and there's no heating up at all when used in WiFi.

Been only 3 days and I'm loving it! Loads to do with this device! Can't wait for the Marshmallow update!
Old 20th October 2015, 22:00   #22083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Folks,

Are there any areas where Moto X is better than the 6P barring the dual SIM convenience?
In India there is a 8-10k difference between the two. The 6p has a much better camera especially in low light and an 8MP vs 5MP front camera advantage. You will also get android 6.0 out of the box with the 6p(although motorola's rendition will arrive very soon), better more premium all aluminum construction and an AMOLED display(which I personally prefer). You also get snapdragon 810 and adreno 430 which usually perform better than the 808 and adreno 418 on the pure. The Nexus is definately better but moto x is well worth 31k and it supports quick charging. It all boils down to what your budget is.
Old 20th October 2015, 22:17   #22084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need some advice. I had ordered the Moto X Style (32GB) during Flipkart's Big billion sale (effective price after gift voucher and credit card discounts was Rs. 29250).
The Nexus 6P is good but after using Nexus and Moto, i will always pick a moto. The features from Moto over the top of stock Android is definitely worth the difference.

But the price point is a big factor. I shraed my review earlier on the Moto and the reason why i picked was the price and the ability to add additional storage.

The minuses are clearly captured by bullrun87 including camera etc. In low light i am not sure Moto X Style will capture anyones heart.

Overall the Nexus 6p is rated above LG G4. That says a lot for camera. If you dont have any other device (unlike me where my wife has a S6 Edge Plus(to me the best camera phone) and you do take camera seriously in a phone you should look at Nexus 6P.

8K savings are good for your when you want to upgrade in the future where you can probably make some out of the moto x style and upgrade.

It all boils down to what your budget is finally
Old 21st October 2015, 02:03   #22085
Senior - BHPian

Blackberry Priv goes on sale in the UK, pricing cues seem to be from Apple

http://gadgetstouse.com/news/blackbe...v-launch/40386
Old 21st October 2015, 02:46   #22086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Blackberry Priv goes on sale in the UK, pricing cues seem to be from Apple
Makes me feel they are just releasing a phone that must have been released in 2012. Big corporates are getting away from Blackberry.

its about time Blackberry think blackberry as a service consolidated into Android as native mail application working very closely with Google.
Old 21st October 2015, 14:19   #22087
Senior - BHPian

Had ordered the Aukey PA-U28 fast charger from AliExpress more than a month back. Though slow delivery, good it finally reached me. Wow, what a difference the fast charging makes! It charged my phone from 14% to 85% in some 50 mins flat! Very happy with the charger - worth the price!
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-aukey1.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-aukey2.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20151021053242.jpg  

Old 21st October 2015, 16:57   #22088
BHPian

I recently brought this http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00Z...ilpage_o04_s00 USB charger Current Voltage Detector. I have one question, When I connect this to 2A charger (i tried with OP charger and also LDNIO charger), displays shows 1A and even the output is being limited to 1A. Any idea why this is happening?
Old 21st October 2015, 18:33   #22089
BANNED

Expect my Moto X Style in the next ten days. Let me see, after almost six years of htc!
Old 21st October 2015, 18:58   #22090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Expect my Moto X Style in the next ten days. Let me see, after almost six years of htc!
You just about jumped the gun, Sir. Moto X Style is a great phone but it will be upstaged in almost all departments by the Nexus 6P. If you can still get it cancelled, do so and go for the Graphite 6P.

These 3 videos (in that sequence) might help you make up your mind...

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 21st October 2015 at 19:10.
Old 21st October 2015, 21:48   #22091
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
In India there is a 8-10k difference between the two. The 6p has a much better camera especially in low light and an 8MP vs 5MP front camera advantage. You will also get android 6.0 out of the box with the 6p(although motorola's rendition will arrive very soon), better more premium all aluminum construction and an AMOLED display(which I personally prefer). You also get snapdragon 810 and adreno 430 which usually perform better than the 808 and adreno 418 on the pure. The Nexus is definately better but moto x is well worth 31k and it supports quick charging. It all boils down to what your budget is.

Looks like I have to really cancel the Moto X after seeing more reviews of the new Nexus phones. The superior camera and fingerprint sensor in Nexus are more useful to me compared to the expandable storage and dual sim capabilities of the Moto X.
Old 21st October 2015, 22:31   #22092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like I have to really cancel the Moto X after seeing more reviews of the new Nexus phones. The superior camera and fingerprint sensor in Nexus are more useful to me compared to the expandable storage and dual sim capabilities of the Moto X.
Good Choice. You wont regret it. Also there are reviews about heating up and battery life i saw yesterday. New reviews. Do take a little time and finalize the phone you want.

Remember, the life of phones these days are less than 12 months where one model or another always gets released. So its not an investment but an expense. Plan for it and Enjoy.

Best resale value anyday is Iphone though
Old 21st October 2015, 22:59   #22093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Very happy with the charger - worth the price!
which phone and which ROM? I quite like the lock screen where it says fast charging.

I am still waiting for my aukey cables from aliexpress. *sigh*
Old 22nd October 2015, 01:10   #22094
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Had ordered the Aukey PA-U28 fast charger from AliExpress more than a month back. Though slow delivery, good it finally reached me. Wow, what a difference the fast charging makes! It charged my phone from 14% to 85% in some 50 mins flat! Very happy with the charger - worth the price!
Yep. Happy with my Aukey car charger too

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
which phone and which ROM? I quite like the lock screen where it says fast charging.
That is neat. The only indication I get on the m4i is that it actually charges much faster.

Here's a thought and a question...

I was thinking of getting an Aukey mains charger so that I can use it when I realise that the phone is run down and it's bedtime. But then I'm going to sleep for far longer than it will take to charge the phone. Is it actually better/safer to use a lower-power charger? It gets to 100% before/by the time I get up, which is all that really matters.

~

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 22nd October 2015 at 01:15.
Old 22nd October 2015, 01:42   #22095
Senior - BHPian

@Thad

The uncontrollable need to keep buying chargers has not stopped. I just added one more 15000 amp Aukey portable battery pack.

It has two ports and one is a fast charger which actually works and the battery has enough ooomph to charge two phones easilly. Great travel companion.

Stop sending me deals God!!! or Slickdeals.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks