Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2017, 12:44   #26476
BHPian

Re: Phones with Stereo Speakers?

Are there any recent/latest phones(apart from K6 Power) with stereo speakers at the price point of around 10K?

Please suggest!!
Old 5th October 2017, 13:12   #26477
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinium15 View Post
Sadly, yes.
Oh Damn

I plan to keep my airtel number on international roaming, would that have any bearing on the end result?
Old 5th October 2017, 13:33   #26478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
S8 + owners - How much battery life are you getting from your phone?
I'm disappointed with the battery life, I barely manage to squeeze work day out of it with minimal usage. However if you choose battery saver option, the range is impressive. Ofcourse I use most of the snazzy features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
I Has anyone used Samsung Pay? Any user review? Please help.
Yep, it's pretty dope. Just take your phone out and touch the side of the swipe machine, it's that easy.
Old 5th October 2017, 14:36   #26479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Just unwrapped the U11.
Hey how's the U11 treating you? Share a pic!
Here's mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-u11.jpg  

Old 5th October 2017, 15:19   #26480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I plan to keep my airtel number on international roaming, would that have any bearing on the end result?
Afraid not. It won't change the fact that the device itself won't have the required radio-bands/frequencies. airtel itself shall be roaming on AT&T/Sprint/T-mobile/Verizon only, and the missing band issue will crop up the same way.

FWIW, https://airtel-vodafone.com/discover...aming-partners says airtel's roaming partner in USA is AT&T - and AT&T bands+frequencies reported by https://www.google.co.in/search?q=USA+4g+bands aren't present in Redmi 3s Prime.
Old 5th October 2017, 23:21   #26481
BHPian

Re: Dual Front Speaker phones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Are there any recent/latest phones(apart from K6 Power) with stereo speakers at the price point of around 10K?

Please suggest!!
This should have been phrased as 'Dual Front Speaker' phones.

Are there any in the recent/recent past releases? Please suggest!!
Old 6th October 2017, 05:30   #26482
BHPian

Any users of Mi max 2 ? Planning to get one for my wife as her G4 plus screen is burning out !
Old 6th October 2017, 09:13   #26483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Any users of Mi max 2 ? Planning to get one for my wife as her G4 plus screen is burning out !
I have been using it since the time it was launched. I am a big fan of large screen phones but it is not everyone's cup of tea. I would strongly suggest your wife have an actual look at it in a shop to see if the size is not an issue. Apart from that it is a great phone. Unbelievable battery life - around 9-10 hours of screen on time consistently. The 32 GB model is currently selling for 13.5k on Amazon which i think is a steal.
Old 6th October 2017, 10:01   #26484
BHPian

Praveen , I too am looking to buy the mi max 2 .
Could you please let me know if it fits in our shirt or pant pockets , as I use public transport often .
Also how does it sound when watching movies in stereo ?
Or is the stereo sound just a gimmick .
Also does the sd 625 lag on general usage ?
I do not play any games at all , so I need to make sure the phone will not hang or lag when watching movies .
Cheers ! Ankush .
Old 6th October 2017, 10:59   #26485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Could you please let me know if it fits in our shirt or pant pockets , as I use public transport often .
I do not play any games at all , so I need to make sure the phone will not hang or lag when watching movies .
Cheers ! Ankush .

Hi Ankush. Shirt pockets is not possible at all. I am close to 6 feet 2 inches so my pant pockets are a little on the larger side anyway and I haven't faced a problem yet. Since its such a cheap phone, I have not put a case so that helps in keeping the thickness in control.

I always use earphones for watching videos but the sound is decent through the speakers. Stereo sound helps to an extent but the gap is too less in mobiles to really give a good effect.

The SD625 is more than enought for regular usage. Even I dont play games and I have not encountered any lags while watching HD movies.
Old 6th October 2017, 12:17   #26486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Cheers ! Ankush .
I bought one in the previous sale & have been using it since & I know I'll never be able to go back to anything smaller :-) If one can deal with the size, this is the one to get!
Excellent battery - the only phone that actually lasts for a day with MY usage (very heavy & everything turned on).
It fits in my shirt pocket (width) but 1/3rd of it remains exposed (height). I wear trousers & jeans (not the slim fit ones though) & dont face any problem in keeping the phone in the pockets. Its slightly exposed in jeans.

Speaker is just ok (in terms of loudness). There is no perceptible difference due to the 2 speakers.

Not faced lagging. I do play a couple of light games, & no issues in either games or hd movies.

For a case, I always use those cheap & non fancy transparent plastic ones that provide an awesome amount of protection but dont do anything for the looks. Also they do not add anything to the size/weight.

I'll suggest getting the 64gb variant & not the 32gb one though. Extra storage space helps, because the sd card option is ruled out if you are using 2 sims (hybrid sim+sd card slot). With only 13499 paid after discounts & cashback (for 64gb variant), its a huge vfm product. Lots of phone (screen+battery) for too little. I hope you are already familiar with MIUI - I & many other people find it indispensable, some hate it.

Last edited by anks_at : 6th October 2017 at 12:28.
Old 6th October 2017, 15:10   #26487
BHPian

Thanks ,
Anks_at and Praveen .
I will buy the Mi max 2 .
I want to replace my ageing nexus 7 tab for watching movies and serials .
Yes I'm familiar with miui .
I already have a Redmi 1s , Redmi Note and Mi 5 .
I'm looking to exchange the Redmi 1s (which is 3g only) with the Mi max 2 .
I'm getting a good deal in the exchange and will buy it tonight .
Final price for 4gb/64gb with exchange for me is approximately 11k .
Cheers ! Ankush .
Old 6th October 2017, 15:39   #26488
BHPian

Thank you Anks_at and Praveen !! I ordered the mi max 2 64 gb today. I have MI A1 also. I will ask my wife which one she likes and will take the other one. Thanks again!
Old 6th October 2017, 16:52   #26489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Was looking for a cheap Android as a back up phone, when i came across 10.or G in amazon.
====
Interesting specs and with an exchange of old E3 power and 10% cash back juicy at about 7k INR Should be receiving it by Monday
Got delivered ahead of time today, it was an exchange deal with old E3 Power. Set the device up using the old back up, and running in is on now!

Quite good to hold in hand and doesn't feel the 17x gms thanks to the area. The finger print sensor is pretty good, in fact as good as a Moto G5. The screen is pretty awesome and the brightness and color rendering is quiet natural and smooth. Am impressed with it so far. Camera and the adjustable bokeh effect after shoot is super awesome. All in all the 7k net spent seems to be the best i have done so far for mobiles.

Need to find the first available case to protect it though, being a new brand and model, G has not got any as of now!
Old 6th October 2017, 17:00   #26490
BHPian

Amazon is giving double cash back on phones. My phone which normally warrants a 2.5k exchange price is getting a 4.5k exchange price on a white LG G6! So the effective price is somewhere near 29.5 which is originally 33.9 approx. Lap it up guys!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks