Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2017, 15:46   #676
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
It's not a to the point answer I can give. But my understanding is that in the ole EcoSport we had seat reclining feature which we don't have in the current facelift. Thus while the boot capacity in the earlier model was calculated it was done keeping the seat at the more upright position. But now since we don't have the feature it's showing a slightly lower boot space. Having said that I used to keep the back seat at a more reclined position all the time and never had issues with the boot capacity. In fact, the higher roof hieght gives more room for stuffing luggage, if required.
Dear Sir,

You are correct, if the seats are reclined at the back-most angle the roof height would be slightly more, but when reclined in forward-most angle would liberate slightly more space above the floor parallel to the height of the rear seat.

That is why the boot space is 362 liters in the variant available with reclining seats.

More over, the boot space data has been mentioned by Ford during the classroom training of 2013 Ecosport.

Regards

Car's Paradise
Old 1st November 2017, 15:46   #677
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

I wouldn't worry about the mileage so much. A lot of factors might have led to that bad mileage. Having said that it can only be confirmed with actual ownership reports. Also two of my acquaintances have diesel ecosports and they both have different driving styles, One of them gets 12-13 in the city with AC on and the other one(sedate driving) gets around 15-17 in the city with AC on. Even if the petrol automatic gives me 10-11 in the city with AC on in delhi's mad traffic ill be very very happy as ill probably won't have to save up for a knee replacement surgery in the future.
Old 1st November 2017, 16:04   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Walkaround video from a Ford dealership by YouTube channel AutoTrend TV.
And this video nicely captures the interiors and exteriors of the EcoSport facelift.

RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 16:06   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Walkaround video from a Ford dealership by YouTube channel AutoTrend TV.
Firstly, thanks for sharing the video.

This is a bit confusing. Brown one has the lower variant alloys but projector headlamp as well. Are those 17" alloys only in Titanium+

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 1st November 2017 at 16:13.
Old 1st November 2017, 16:36   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
I wouldn't worry about the mileage so much. A lot of factors might have led to that bad mileage. Having said that it can only be confirmed with actual ownership reports. Also two of my acquaintances have diesel ecosports and they both have different driving styles, One of them gets 12-13 in the city with AC on and the other one(sedate driving) gets around 15-17 in the city with AC on.
Mileage is very much dependent on the roads you drive on, your daily routes and also your driving style. That said and done, the official figures for the Dragon engine are 7% higher than the older petrol engine. So we can expect the mileage to be comparable to the earlier version
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 16:49   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
From what is available on the leaked brochure, the difference between variants, apart from minor interior touches

Titanium over Trend +
-Projector lamps
-LED DRL
-16 inch alloy wheels
-Push start stop with smart entry
-6.5 inch touchscreen infotainment
-Ford mykey
-Leather steering wheel and gear knob
-Alloy pedals
-Rear map lamps
-Rear centre armrest
-Sunglass holder
-High speed warning
-Locking wheel nut for spare wheel
-Ambient lighting
-60:40 Seats
-Roof rails (aluminium finish)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Firstly, thanks for sharing the video.

This is a bit confusing. Brown one has the lower variant alloys but projector headlamp as well. Are those 17" alloys only in Titanium+
Dear Sir,

As per the post of Bhpian CoolFire and also the leaked brochure, projector headlamps are a part of Titanium Variant also.

The brown colored Ecosport showed in the video is a Titanium Variant.

The alloy wheels are 16" in the Titanium version and 17" in the Titanium+ variant, and both vary in design.

Regards

Car's Paradise

Last edited by Car's Paradise : 1st November 2017 at 16:53.
Old 1st November 2017, 17:06   #682
BHPian

Quote:
And this video nicely captures the interiors and exteriors of the EcoSport facelift.

The color of the headlight in this video looks yellow and not white, can somebody else confirm that too?

Also, it seems official bookings are opening tomorrow, and car launch will be on 9th Nov, confirmed now officially by Ford India.

http://www.indiatvnews.com/auto/cars...3-units-409631

Last edited by theMAG : 1st November 2017 at 23:40. Reason: Trimming quoted post in the best interests of readability.
Old 1st November 2017, 17:25   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
That said and done, the official figures for the Dragon engine are 7% higher than the older petrol engine. So we can expect the mileage to be comparable to the earlier version
No offense meant,

How come 17 kmpl is a 7% improvement over older Engine which was rated at 18.88 kmpl ?

Simple Mathematics right ?

Here is the Old Ecosport's ARAI claimed figures.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_20171101_172405.jpg

Last edited by CarguyNish : 1st November 2017 at 17:27.
Old 1st November 2017, 17:32   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
The color of the headlight in this video looks yellow and not white, can somebody else confirm that too?

Also, it seems official bookings are opening tomorrow, and car launch will be on 9th Nov, confirmed now officially by Ford India.

http://www.indiatvnews.com/auto/cars...3-units-409631
Dear Sir,

AFAIK, the Titanium variant will have an Halogen bulb with a projector lens for the low beam, and Titanium+ variant will have an HID bulb with a projector lens for the low beam.

Ford Endevour also has a Halogen+Projector setup in Trend Variant & HID+Projector setup in Titanium variant.

Regards
Car's Paradise

Last edited by Car's Paradise : 1st November 2017 at 17:36.
Car's Paradise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 17:38   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
No offense meant,

How come 17 kmpl is a 7% improvement over older Engine which was rated at 18.88 kmpl ?

If you refer the old ecosport brochure, this claimed figure is for the ecoboost engine and not for the TIVCT one.
This engine is 7% more efficient than the old TiVct.

Last edited by blurust : 1st November 2017 at 17:39.
Old 1st November 2017, 17:39   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car's Paradise View Post
Dear Sir,

AFAIK, the Titanium variant will have an Halogen bulb with a projector lens for the low beam, and Titanium+ variant will have an HID bulb with a projector lens for the low beam.

Ford Endevour also has a Halogen+Projector setup in Trend Variant & HID+Projector setup in Titanium variant.

Regards
Car's Paradise
Thanks for the information. What about high beam set up then, and what would be the light color of the fog lamps?
Old 1st November 2017, 17:46   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
No offense meant,

Attachment 1691533
I was referring to ford official press release that said 7 percent higher. Glad to see that the ARAI figures are more than 10 percent higher. Very happy for the indian consumer

Last edited by bhpfaninblr : 1st November 2017 at 18:10.
Old 1st November 2017, 18:02   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Thanks for the information. What about high beam set up then, and what would be the light color of the fog lamps?
Dear Sir,

On the Endeavor, the high beam on Titanium variant which have a HID for the low beam are halogen with yellow light and also the Fog Lamps are halogen with Yellow light.

AFAIK, some images on the internet of the new 2017 Ecosport suggests that the high beam will be of white color in the Titanium+ variants along with the Fog lamps, however i am not too clear on the same.

Regards

Car's Paradise
Car's Paradise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 18:10   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
I was referring to ford official press release
I'm sorry I am confused, 17 kmpl is for the manual and 14.8 for automatic according to the brochure. do you have the figures for the old tivct engine ??
Old 1st November 2017, 18:27   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
5 KMPL for AT and 10 KMPL for diesel as per the video posted above. The mileage for AT seems very less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
Exactly my point , As per rushlane.com they only managed 5kmpl for petrol AT .
The mileage figures from these media drives aren’t reflective of real world usage. A car in regular use is driven very differently from a car being transported by the manufacturing company from point A to point B or changing hands between a multitude of media persons for review purposes. For all we know, these cars have been left running idle for hours with the AC turned on for various purposes.

Disregarding the figure of 5 KMPL, which is utterly unrealistic for real world usage, I will be happy with pretty much any numbers I can get from the car, even if they are only in the single digits.

We keep the AC turned on throughout the day in our cars these days and leave the engine running on intersections so the car stays cool. We even leave it running while we’re waiting for someone on really hot days, with no regard to what that will do to the mileage figures. It is unfair to blame the car for the poor numbers achieved through these practices.

---------------------------------------------------------------

In any case, I have realised that there is a clear choice between fuel economy and the trio of build quality, performance and safety for any vehicle manufacturer, and it is high time we rewarded those that consciously choose the latter over the former in a country where fuel economy is placed on a pedestal and regarded as the highest virtue for any vehicle by a majority of the market.

Mad props to Suzuki for the market share it commands in the Indian market and the well designed, competitive cars it has been pushing out in recent years, but the flimsiness of its most successful products is ample proof of the fact that it institutionally prioritises mileage figures over occupant safety.

Ford could easily make the EcoSport 150 kilograms lighter and be able to advertise greater fuel efficiency and lower prices, thereby earning higher revenue and market share, but I waited four months to buy this vehicle precisely because I expected it to not do that. I am happy to support manufacturers that are choosing to forge a different path for the wellbeing of their customers.

The EcoSport is the only car well under ₹20 lacs that gives you a six-speed automatic transmission, cruise control and paddle shifters in a rigidly built vehicle that is loaded with active and passive (potentially lifesaving) safety features like six airbags, brake assist, ESP, HLA, TCS, TPMS and automatic headlamps and wipers, among many others.

The mileage is the least of my concerns.

Last edited by aryayush : 1st November 2017 at 18:44.
aryayush is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks