Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2017, 08:34   #946
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

I for one think the pricing is superb for the top of the line petrol manual. You get a lot of kit for your money and this is one Ford that is known to ride well.

That huge touch screen is definitely a highlight and so are all the active safety kit which has been carried over from the previous model.

They have definitely lost the plot for the AT pricing, that too with the 1.5l TiVct engine which does not excite in any sense of it.

The end of the road for Ecoboost in India.
Old 10th November 2017, 08:58   #947
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Is there a car in the Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium+ AT's range offering more for your money?
Old 10th November 2017, 09:02   #948
BHPian

I have been trying to find a photo of 6.5" screen on the lower variants. Could someone please share the same. I am hoping that quality of 6.5" is at par with the 8" screen.
Old 10th November 2017, 09:09   #949
BHPian

Guys I think this pricing is introductory.
Have a look at this.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-7ca741fedcfe4dc78d7103f6fabae5b6.jpeg  

blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 09:37   #950
BHPian

Although I seriously doubt that Ford would increase the price of the Titanium+ AT anytime soon, I wouldn't put it past them to do so for the other variants. In any case, I'm glad I made the decision to buy it immediately upon launch instead of waiting till January.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 10:35   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Ford Ecosport facelift ad
https://Youtu.be/VogleBXyelE
As an ad man, happy to see Ford India shot the ad around Gurgaon's Cyber City only, as well as the underpasses leading up to it (probably wee hours of the morning).

Refreshing to see an american car maker ditching flashy foreign locations (where those car won't be driven), to desi and relatable locations. Well done, Ford and GTB India.
Vish_Janu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 10:36   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
They are not playing fool. Ford silently hiked the prices in October for two reasons as I had already mentioned in one of my posts earlier.
1. they knew they will have to offer discounts on outgoing variant and with the hike the discount which will be offered will seem big.
2. When they launch the facelift they can claim a marginal increase or no increase further creating a positive feel. Today we believe that there is no increase.
Was this hike due to cess change? The price change became effective sometime mid September and there was about 5% change as I remember.
Old 10th November 2017, 10:38   #953
BHPian

The new eco sport looks much better and especially the interiors look modern now. The previous phone inspired center console looked awful.
Old 10th November 2017, 10:43   #954
BHPian

Are Ford dealers in Mumbai back to their fleecing games? Following is a comparison of price difference between Mumbai and Bangalore.

Name:  Ford.png
Views: 4103
Size:  13.7 KB

Mumbai dealer charging 10k more for Zero dep insurance and 1.8k more for Essential kit. For 1.8k you get Key chain, Car freshner and Doc holder. Like seriously?

Consumers have accepted the fact that Titanium AT+ is priced at a premium which means both Ford and their dealer will make more money on this model. If that's not enough, now dealers want to extract even more

Also, I wish offered 4th & 5th year of extended warranty. Only 3 years warranty offered which is a shame.

Last edited by damager21 : 10th November 2017 at 10:45.
Old 10th November 2017, 10:51   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Are Ford dealers in Mumbai back to their fleecing games? Following is a comparison of price difference between Mumbai and Bangalore.

Attachment 1694574

Mumbai dealer charging 10k more for Zero dep insurance and 1.8k more for Essential kit. For 1.8k you get Key chain, Car freshner and Doc holder. Like seriously?

Consumers have accepted the fact that Titanium AT+ is priced at a premium which means both Ford and their dealer will make more money on this model. If that's not enough, now dealers want to extract even more

Also, I wish offered 4th & 5th year of extended warranty. Only 3 years warranty offered which is a shame.
I plan to get zero dep insurance from a third party provider, will be much cheaper to do. I'll suggest the same to you.

Essential kit is crap - simply don't buy it.

I'm on the margins about 3rd year extended warranty though - do you guys think it is worth it?
Old 10th November 2017, 11:00   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Guys, please don't allow anyone to fleece you. Some dealers are notorious and known for this. You don't have to pay anything more than the ex showroom price plus registration charges. If the dealer insists, immediately send a mail to ford customer care. Also call the customer care in front of the dealer and register your complaint. Tell them to take the booking on your terms.

I had pre booked the facelift and am second in line. I am only paying the dealer the ed showroom plus registration. I am taking my own insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Was this hike due to cess change? The price change became effective sometime mid September and there was about 5% change as I remember.
No, it was not due to the cess. It was a well planned increase.
Old 10th November 2017, 11:17   #957
BHPian

Here's the on-road pricing list from Harpreet Ford, Delhi.

Online Insurance cos like Coverfox, PolicyBazaar haven't added the new Ecosport Titanium+ AT yet to their model list. Hopefully will be done by next week for easy comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-es-delhi.jpg  

Old 10th November 2017, 11:31   #958
BHPian

In my Hyundai cars, I've found the showroom provided insurance policy to be much more convenient than the one I took out myself based on a lot of online research, for the simple reason that if you go with the showroom's provider, it's a genuinely cashless and hassle-free affair. Wouldn't the same apply to Ford dealers?
Old 10th November 2017, 11:41   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
In my Hyundai cars, I've found the showroom provided insurance policy to be much more convenient than the one I took out myself based on a lot of online research, for the simple reason that if you go with the showroom's provider, it's a genuinely cashless and hassle-free affair. Wouldn't the same apply to Ford dealers?
It might be or might not be, I am not sure. All I know is, If "y" car manufacturer has a tie up with lets say "x" insurance provider and I get the quote from the same provider from outside, I don't see why my insurance won't be cashless. Would't make sense. I also know the quotes of insurances from dealers and if you do it yourself differ a lot and hence I always buy it from outside. If someone has first hand experience with this can elaborate more.
Old 10th November 2017, 11:52   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
If you consider 17% as road tax for new vehicles that cost Rs. 10 lakhs to Rs. 20 lakhs.
Will the dealer agree if we ourselves take up the registration activities? .
For cars costing between 10 lakhs to 20 lakhs Karnataka charges 18.87% including cess

Plus dealer charge a hypothecation charge of ₹1500 plus number plate charge of ₹800
You can knock off 1500 if you get your own finance & save another 800 if number plate is bought outside
That's the break-up here in bangalore, should be the same across Karnataka

This info was given by Cauvery Ford, Magadi Road, Bangalore
Hope this helps
GSMINC is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks