Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2019, 14:03   #3676
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

It is disappointing to see Kia offering the lowest end tires (Goodyear) on even the higher variants. Hyundai used to have the policy to fit Bridgestone Tires on the top two trims.

True Hyundai does that! I was expecting the same with KIA. I also see a lot of cars in the showroom running on Kumho tires which is a South Korean brand. My SA had no clue which tiers will my car come with.

Anyone aware of Kumho tiers?
Kpaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 14:06   #3677
BHPian

Can an Seltos owner please tell me where to decode the VIN? Unable to find online.
Old 30th October 2019, 14:33   #3678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
Can an Seltos owner please tell me where to decode the VIN? Unable to find online.
https://service.hyundai-motor.com/euro5/login.tiles

Register an account here.

A simple search for the word "decode" using the 'Search this Thread' button would have given you the answer as well.
binoyyj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 14:34   #3679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_F196 View Post
Below link should help you on this,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...e-vin-194.html (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))
Old 30th October 2019, 15:06   #3680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
How is the performance of the Goodyear tires that come with the Seltos?

It is disappointing to see Kia offering the lowest end tires (Goodyear) on even the higher variants. Hyundai used to have the policy to fit Bridgestone Tires on the top two trims.

A quick check on Amazon.in also confirms that these are one of the cheapest 17 inchers available.

Attachment 1928381
Tire Pricing Comparison

I paid around the same price as the 17 inch Goodyear for the 15 inch Primacy 4ST for the Honda City recently. I will surely recommend my friend to swap tires on delivery to either the Bridgestone Duelers or the Michelin P4ST. Has anyone else thought of swapping tires post delivery?
I swapped my tyres immediately after delivery (GTX+ DCT). I upsized to Yokohama Advan Sport 225/55/R17. Got around 4.5k each for the stock tyres.
chet1376 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 15:53   #3681
SS4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1376 View Post
I upsized to Yokohama Advan Sport 225/55/R17
Interesting! Can you post some pictures please?
May I ask why you decided to upsize from the 215’s?
Old 30th October 2019, 17:00   #3682
BHPian

Quote:
I swapped my tyres immediately after delivery (GTX+ DCT). I upsized to Yokohama Advan Sport 225/55/R17. Got around 4.5k each for the stock tyres.

How much did the YOKOS cost you? I think 4.5K for the stock tiers is a good deal. How different does it now feel after changing the stock tiers?
Kpaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 19:51   #3683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4 View Post
Interesting! Can you post some pictures please?
May I ask why you decided to upsize from the 215’s?
As someone mentioned earlier, the stock Goodyear is one of the cheapest 17" tyres available and I wanted to change to a better, sportier tyre. I've had Yokos on my previous cars and have been extremely happy with them.

Since I was changing the brand, thought I'd upsize to 225's. Checked on the Tyre Upsize Calculator - http://tyrestore.in/upsizing.htm, the variance was less than 2%

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191009_123421.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191009_123429.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191014_152515.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191014_152528.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191030_171250.jpg

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-img_20191030_171736.jpg
chet1376 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 20:48   #3684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
How much did the YOKOS cost you? I think 4.5K for the stock tiers is a good deal. How different does it now feel after changing the stock tiers?
The Yokos cost me 26k with the exchange.

4.5K for the Goodyears were definitely a good deal - new ones are around 6k.

Can't really tell the difference since I hardly drove on the stock tyres - changed them a day after I took delivery

Did a highway drive of 500 kms on the new tyres and I felt the upgrade was worth it. The ride quality and handling was good - tried to keep it around 100-110 kmph and didnt really push it round the corners.
chet1376 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 21:12   #3685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As someone mentioned earlier, the stock Goodyear is one of the cheapest 17" tyres available and I wanted to change to a better, sportier tyre. I've had Yokos on my previous cars and have been extremely happy with them.

Since I was changing the brand, thought I'd upsize to 225's. Checked on the Tyre Upsize Calculator - http://tyrestore.in/upsizing.htm, the variance was less than 2%
What is done is done - enjoy your ride and you are correct about the circumference variance but you lost Ground Clearance unfortunately. (691 became 678 in the picture - loss of 13 mm)

As per my understanding the stock size is 215/60R17 and below calculations are based on that:

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-tiresize01.png
Stock: 215/60R17 >> Upsize: 225/60R17

For the others who are aspiring to upsize I believe the correct/perfect size is 235/55R17. Check the images below for the impact of upsizing - this has no impact on Ground Clearance.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-tiresize02.png
Stock: 215/60R17 >> Upsize: 235/60R17

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 30th October 2019 at 21:14.
vsrivatsa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 05:57   #3686
Senior - BHPian

How is Kia with warranty and stuff? The oldies Tata, Suzuki and Hyundai void suspension and wheel related warranty if we up-size (at least threaten to). Add anything electric, and it must be from their own catalog and personnel. Has any of these legacy issues been addressed by newbies?
Quote:
As someone mentioned earlier, the stock Goodyear is one of the cheapest 17" tyres available and I wanted to change to a better, sportier tyre. I've had Yokos on my previous cars and have been extremely happy with them.Since I was changing the brand, thought I'd upsize to 225's.
Old 31st October 2019, 10:29   #3687
BHPian

Just took insurance from KIA which is basically reliance insurance. The comprehensive cover includes tyres as well is what I read from the message they sent me. Upgrading tyres might put insurance claims at risk is what I feel. I dont know much about the finer details. I am looking forward to take delivery of my red 1.4 DCT GTX+ on Sunday.

I want Michelin Primacy as tyres for my Seltos. I am in two minds for the upgrade. My S cross had no issues on Primacy 205 R 16 for 35k km and they look good for another 30k km.

Anyway I will trying to get a good deal from Michelin dealers.
Old 31st October 2019, 11:53   #3688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjz View Post
Hi All, Going through the posts I read a few comments of people complaint about water seeping inside there car from windows due to some rubber defect and secondly about parcel tray noise. To this a lot of people have been commenting to those owners on how they should've done proper pdi before taking delivery.
Hi All,

I had read this comment earlier, and had not thought much of it.

Surprisingly, last weekend (just after the showers the previous day), as I sat in the car, and drove off, I had a few drops of water (7-8 drops max) dripping from the rubber beading inside of the right hand door top, where the door / glass slopes off downwards.

Amazingly, during the monsoon of Mumbai, I have not seen / felt water drip in even once, and I am fairly manic on checking my car regularly!

I sadly could not take a pic as I was driving, but did speak to the Service Centre. The Service Manager (KIA THANE) has informed, that he will look in at it at the 1st service now due.

Has anyone else come across the same issue here on T-BHP?? If so, do please update on the same, and if any corrective action was undertaken.

Cheers and ride safe!
cdrsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 12:24   #3689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Just took insurance from KIA which is basically reliance insurance. The comprehensive cover includes tyres as well is what I read from the message they sent me. Upgrading tyres might put insurance claims at risk is what I feel. I dont know much about the finer details. I am looking forward to take delivery of my red 1.4 DCT GTX+ on Sunday.
Congratulations on your new car!!

I also took insurance from KIA. Initially they had offered me Digit Online insurance which surprised me. After questioning, they told me they offer same insurance with same T&C and same price from Bajaj Allianz, Reliance and Digit. I chose Bajaj Allianz. I don't have the documents yet but she mentioned the insurance offers Zero Dep, Engine protect, car keys coverage, tyres and then some more.

My car is ready but due to work commitments, I intend to take delivery tomorrow - HTK Plus D MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsd View Post
Hi All,

I had read this comment earlier, and had not thought much of it.

Surprisingly, last weekend (just after the showers the previous day), as I sat in the car, and drove off, I had a few drops of water (7-8 drops max) dripping from the rubber beading inside of the right hand door top, where the door / glass slopes off downwards.
That's a worrying observation. Could a few drops have 'entered' the cabin while you were entering the car?

Last edited by ashis89 : 31st October 2019 at 12:27.
Old 31st October 2019, 12:36   #3690
Senior - BHPian

Kumho are very good tyres. Consider yourself lucky if you land them. GoodYear is really bad, and you should consider changing at the earliest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpaaz View Post
I also see a lot of cars in the showroom running on Kumho tires which is a South Korean brand. My SA had no clue which tiers will my car come with. Anyone aware of Kumho tiers?
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks