Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2020, 13:12   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV

Nissan should focus on bringing back Mitsubishi. Then use their existing dealerships to sell small cars from both brands to keep both themselves and their thin dealership network happy. With just 2 cars on sale the existing dealerships may also pull out if there aren't many footfalls.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 12:41   #122
Senior - BHPian

Nissan reveals interior of the Magnite Concept

Nissan has released new images of the Magnite Concept that reveal the car's interior.

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-nissan-magnite-concept-1.jpg

The Magnite Concept has a dual-tone interior. The dashboard features a clean look and has a large touchscreen infotainment head-unit in the centre. The car has a 3-spoke, flat-bottom steering wheel that has haptic touch buttons and a digital instrument cluster. The engine start / stop button is located next to the gear lever.

Hexagonal design patterns can be seen all over the interior, including the air-conditioning vents, the seat stitching and the texture on the dashboard. Also note than the concept has a front centre armrest and a rear AC vent.

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-nissan-magnite-concept-2.jpg

The Magnite Concept will spawn a new sub-4 meter SUV that will be based on the CMF-A+ platform. It is the same architecture on which the Renault Triber is based.

On the outside, it has a large octagonal grille that looks similar to what you get on a Datsun. It features a rugged look thanks to the flared wheel arches and chunky skid plate.

Under the bonnet, the production-spec Magnite could get a 1.0-litre, turbocharged petrol engine, while lower variants might get a naturally aspirated 1.0-litre unit.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 4th August 2020 at 12:47.
TusharK is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 12:49   #123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Under the bonnet, the production-spec Magnite could get a 1.0-litre, turbocharged petrol engine, while lower variants might get a naturally aspirated 1.0-litre unit.
Will this sit below the Triber in the market, or above it?
turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 13:05   #124
BHPian

No Diesel engine option?

Nissan has to come all guns blazing to survive in Indian market. Sonet will crush with so many engine options in petrol and diesel variant just like Venue. Bring on Diesel Magnite with killer price and set the charts on fire Nissan.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 13:32   #125
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Interior looks real good to me.

Some positive bits I could note of apart from one's mentioned already-

1) Probably has an auto dimming mirror
2) With RES visible, it's likely to get Cruise Control as well.
3) The velvetish material on the door pads looks great.
4) Doesn't seem to have the ugly instrument cluster control stalk.
5) I like the way the RPM meter encircles the digital speedo.
6) Rear feels fairly spacious in terms of leg room. I don't know if its the photography skills, but since the Triber is fairly good, I believe this will also be.

Hope they retain all these bits in the production form too.
07CR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 13:45   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Interior looks real good to me.

Some positive bits I could note of apart from one's mentioned already-

1) Probably has an auto dimming mirror
2) With RES visible, it's likely to get Cruise Control as well.
3) The velvetish material on the door pads looks great.
4) Doesn't seem to have the ugly instrument cluster control stalk.
5) I like the way the RPM meter encircles the digital speedo.
6) Rear feels fairly spacious in terms of leg room. I don't know if its the photography skills, but since the Triber is fairly good, I believe this will also be.

Hope they retain all these bits in the production form too.
I think the cosmetics like velvetish material and the instrument cluster will stay with the concept only. Actual will be more like a conventional TFT or a leather mapped dashboard.

I'm looking to buy a CSUV by eoy, so Sonet, Magnite and Kiger are in my watch list.
Old 4th August 2020, 14:35   #127
BHPian

Interior quality looks very good to me .. The color combination is also a nice mix and match. The dashboard material is also looking good eye catchy. Now I have some hope on this model. Wishing all the best to Nissan for a speedy recovery with this model.
Old 4th August 2020, 15:28   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Because Nissan is drowning, it will HAVE to ensure that its small SUV is:

- Vastly superior to the others.

- Priced so well that Nissan-averse customers cannot say no.

There has to be a reason for customers to choose a car from a damaged brand over the others. It has to have USPs & an irresistible price.
Quite right GTO. So, what could be the reason for one to choose Nissan over MSIL, Hyundai, Toyota and Honda.

My list would be -

1. Exterior - Cant mess with this. Hyundai can afford this with Creta 2020 but not Nissan

2. Interiors - They cant follow Renault

3. Exclusive/ Wow features - Something like panoramic sunroof. Creta2020 did it. Additional airbags, ventilated seats

4. Price - It has to be LOW. Tata is still paying the price for having a bad name. Nexon feels under priced if compared with other vehicles.
Old 4th August 2020, 16:44   #129
BHPian

Few Observations :

1. ACC is entirely a new unit which is not the one seen commonly in Duster/Captur/Kicks, is actually a welcome change.

2. Infotainment and Call related buttons moved on to the Steering wheel which fixes another Ergonomic issue common across Duster/Captur/Terrano/Kicks

3. Touchsceen though big looks little bit out of place, need to see how perfectly it is integrated.

4. Gear lever suggests that it will be launch in Automatic.

5. Rear AC Vents are also present.

6. Good use of different textures, on the dashboard.

Over all, completely new layout if we compare it to erstwhile Nissan models which I think is a good step in a right direction.
Old 4th August 2020, 17:12   #130
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster1008 View Post
3. Exclusive/ Wow features - Something like panoramic sunroof. Creta2020 did it. Additional airbags, ventilated seats

4. Price - It has to be LOW. Tata is still paying the price for having a bad name. Nexon feels under priced if compared with other vehicles.
I quite agree with points 3&4. They either have to price it really aggressively, or load the car with features, or even both!

Nexon is no more a car with VFM pricing. The top end variants are dangerously close to XUV300, and are actually more expensive than Ecosport's top end variants.

Earlier, there was a price gap of about 2 L rupees between a Nexon and Ecosport, but with facelift and addition of features Nexon now eclipses Ecosport on price front.

Ex showroom Pune prices for top end manual diesel variants of both- Nexon single tone XZ Plus (O)11.90 L. Ecosport S- 11.71L.

Last edited by 07CR : 4th August 2020 at 17:18.
07CR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 20:51   #131
BHPian

So far so good. Now, it all boils down to the road presence, safety pack ( curtain airbag, Hill assist, rear disc brakes), rear seat comfort, fuel efficiency and price.

Nissan is ranked 5th worldwide in terms of market share. Hence, we can trust the brand's capability to rise to the occasion.

I am looking to upgrade my Etios Liva (9 year/70k km) in the immediate future and am in the process of shortlisting models for test drive. Finding it a little tough to find enough models considering the benchmark set by Toyota with regard to Reliability and Service quality. Nevertheless, Nissan Magnite would be in the shortlist.
Old 4th August 2020, 22:46   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
Now, it all boils down to the road presence, safety pack ( curtain airbag, Hill assist, rear disc brakes), rear seat comfort, fuel efficiency and price.
For a rumoured stating price between 5 and 6 Lakhs I don't think there is going to be Hill Assist or Rear Disc Brakes. I am guessing they will put in the seat based side airbags similar to Triber to make it a 4 Airbag car in the Top Spec Model.

It more cost effective and flashier for them to put in an Automatic Climate Control, A nice touch Screen, Keyless Entry, Pushbutton Start, Some sort of Digital dashboard (may be a little better than the triber version) with some sort of TFT Screen in between.

That is my expectation
Old 5th August 2020, 11:10   #133
BHPian

I like the Interior, the layout is pretty similar to the Triber but the overall design is different. Not too sure about that red theme, it looks a bit gaudy in my eyes.
Old 5th August 2020, 19:58   #134
BHPian

New teaser released.
jeganatu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 10:54   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Magnite:

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-20200808_magnite4.jpg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-20200808_magnite3.jpg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-20200808_magnite2.jpg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-20200808_magnite1.jpg

The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV-20200808_magnite.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th August 2020 at 11:16.
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed