Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2021, 12:18   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

I have seen newer vehicles with HSRPs without rivets and mounted inside frames. Although the very meaning of rivet to an extent is anti-theft, what I have seen around makes me think that many aren't following this. Legally, it should always be rivet and not any other method.
Thank you, may be I will go with rivet, but with that I guess I might not be able to add frame. Wondering how officials are tracking HSRP if fit or not as this is done at dealer level.
Old 8th February 2021, 12:24   #1022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Wondering how officials are tracking HSRP if fit or not as this is done at dealer level.
Most of the cars today sport number plates in various type of fonts and styles. And then, there are many number plate makers and accessories dealers who simply mislead their customers into making them believe that they sell "IND plates".

I have seen so many of my own friends ordering plates from Orbiz or Speedex and telling me that they ordered IND Plates since they are HSRP .

This is perhaps the biggest misconception that exists all over the country when it comes to HSRP as accessorized number plates are sold as HSRP by these dealers.

Basically, a plate is HSRP if it has the features are per the mandate by the transport department, including but not limited to the rivets, alphanumeric code on the plates and stickers for both the plates on the windscreen. If none of them are in compliance, it simply means they aren't HSRP.

Refer to some details here where I have posted some images of the HSRPs.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 13:00   #1023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.... there are many number plate makers and accessories dealers who simply mislead their customers into making them believe that they sell "IND plates".

I have seen so many of my own friends ordering plates from Orbiz or Speedex and telling me that they ordered IND Plates since they are HSRP .
The number plate makers make them believe that these IND plates are HSRP plates. ..

I myself tried Orbiz last week, but for standard punching type plate. Didnt get what I wanted, so will be looking to get it locally. Reason for this is I had asked for just xx in the last part instead of xxxx when I got the plates made when purchasing the vehicle.
Old 8th February 2021, 13:07   #1024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The number plate makers make them believe that these IND plates are HSRP plates. ..
This is exactly what I have told. The accessories shop and number plate advertise the plates as IND plates or HSRP plates.

Remember how many years back a popular plate maker from the NCR region (Utsav) that was famous for supplying IND embossed plates (not HSRP) had to come with a clarification in newspapers mentioning that the plates that they supply were not HSRP? It all started from there because this was the era when HSRP started to get implemented around NCR, HP and GJ regions.
Old 8th February 2021, 13:26   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I live in Bangalore and have a 3 year old KA-registered diesel car. I'm relocating to Noida later this month. The tentative plan is to return to Karnataka after 5-6 years.

Question:
1) Do I necessarily have to do the NOC (from KA) and payment of road-tax and transfer-of-regn (to UP I guess) rigmarole?

2) If I have to get NOC from KA, does that process require the vehicle to be seen by the KA RTO? (meaning I'd need to get it *before* I ship the car to Noida). Does getting an NOC cost a lot? I was wondering if perhaps it makes sense to get the NOC while I'm still here in KA, and then simply keep it but not use it (for xfer in UP) unless I have to. Or does getting a NOC automatically kick off a process in the RTO systems of initiating a transfer?

3) Can I pay just the road tax in UP but avoid having to change the regn to a UP regn? Is that sufficient to avoid harassment from the cops?

4) Lastly, how is all this impacted with the HSRP initiative in Noida?
If you want to register your car in UP, then steps in point 1 & 2 are mandatory. It is advisable to get NOC at Bangalore before leaving and then apply in Noida, within 30 days of receiving the NOC.

Unlike Bangalore, cops in Delhi / UP are not very concerned about outside registration cars, but you will be subjected to more frequent random checks by them. If this won't bother you and you are here for small - to medium term stay, you can avoid registering vehicle here. Though, a local registration will definitely give you peace of mind.

HSRP scenario in Noida ( & entire NCR), mimics Delhi in all practical ways as Noida registered vehicles are also subjected to Green Tribunal rules on pollution control.
Old 13th February 2021, 13:59   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most of the cars today sport number plates in various type of fonts and styles. And then, there are many number plate makers and accessories dealers who simply mislead their customers into making them believe that they sell "IND plates".

This is perhaps the biggest misconception that exists all over the country when it comes to HSRP.
Got my HSRP installed today. Used frame and rivets. The sticker came along too. Don't know how far true, I am told after installing number plate, dealer has to upload photo of rivetted number plate to RTO, only then RC card is sent for printing. This is a recent change as previously folks would install plate of their choice despite getting HSRP.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 15:42   #1027
BANNED

Gentlemen

Anyone who has ordered the home delivery from bookmyhsrp.com in Uttar Pradesh. Can you please provide a feedback on their service?

Mine was booked for today '15 Feb', 09:00 am to 01:00 pm, till now, neither anybody has visited me, nor has anyone contacted me over the phone. So, is it normal for them to delay it by a few hours or even 2-3 days itself?

I have come from another city just for the HSRP work, and I had this intuition that they may cause unnecessary delays too, hence I have taken a 3 days break too!
Old 15th February 2021, 17:09   #1028
BHPian

Can confirm this for UP, the RTO did not print the RC until the HSRP was issued, the printed codes in the HSRPs were also printed in the RC which was later issued. It may very well be the State Govt/RTO's direction to ensure that the HSRP is ready before RC is printed and issued.

Quote:
Got my HSRP installed today. Used frame and rivets. The sticker came along too. Don't know how far true, I am told after installing number plate, dealer has to upload photo of rivetted number plate to RTO, only then RC card is sent for printing. This is a recent change as previously folks would install plate of their choice despite getting HSRP.
setuniket is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 16:18   #1029
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have recently lost the number plate on my bike. It wasn't riveted and probably fell of during a ride without my noticing. The karnataka RTO website is an absolute nightmare. How would one go about replacing it?

Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 17:35   #1030
BHPian

Quote:

This is perhaps the biggest misconception that exists all over the country when it comes to HSRP as accessorized number plates are sold as HSRP by these dealers.
I have HSRP plates on my car, but the plate has faded completely. So much so that I am afraid (and happy ) that my plates won't be captured by speed cameras.

I inquired with the RTO - they do not issue duplicate plates. In such case, I have no option but to get custom HSRP plates from outside, either a roadside shop or Orbix, etc. Or am I missing anything?
Old 22nd February 2021, 17:23   #1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurj View Post
Can someone confirm if the process to get just the color coded sticker in Gurgaon is just as smooth (as of today) as experienced by Eddy some 3.5 months back? (I already have a HSRP and a transparent sticker.)
In continuation of my earlier post, just wanted to inform everyone that finally I got the blue sticker for my car.

Everyone seems to be confused regarding whether this color sticker is really required.

I was already having HSRP with a sticker but it didn't have a color on it. So I researched and found that getting the required color is mandatory. The HSRP person who came said that since you already had the sticker you could have done without the color also.

My view is that, the cost of colored sticker (25+100 + GST) is way too small compared to the penalty of Rs 5000/- to take the risk. Those who don't have it , I would still advise to go ahead and get the sticker.

Having said that , I feel this is an organised loot by the RTO. While I do understand the need for HSRP, the sticker should not be required at all. All info on sticker is readily available on Vahaan.

Govt/RTO just find ways every few years to milk car owners.
  • PUC Mandatory - if not available, pay fine.
  • Remove black film - if not removed, pay fine.
  • HSRP - if not, pay fine
  • Color coded sticker - if not, pay fine
  • Fasttag - If not, pay double the amount of toll
Old 22nd February 2021, 20:40   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Don't know how far true, I am told after installing number plate, dealer has to upload photo of rivetted number plate to RTO, only then RC card is sent for printing.
This is true. Confirmed this with the dealer in Bangalore for a car that I booked recently. Post delivery they’ll inform when the HSRP plates arrive, they’ll then fix them on the car, take pics and upload to RTO and only then will I receive the RC card.
Old 23rd February 2021, 22:58   #1033
BHPian

I don't know if it's mandatory for new vehicles to get HSRP. I saw this Crysta top variant sporting a custom plate even though it's registered long after HSRP became implemented in Kerala. So is HSRP mandatory for everyone or is it just for the mango man, whereas the rich and influential are allowed to do whatever they want.

I'm masking the number but it's the same digit four times.

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_20210223_225021.jpg

P. S. - They could also have switched the plates after they got the RC.

Last edited by BLACNWYTE : 23rd February 2021 at 23:00.
Old 24th February 2021, 12:49   #1034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
So is HSRP mandatory for everyone or is it just for the mango man, whereas the rich and influential are allowed to do whatever they want.

P. S. - They could also have switched the plates after they got the RC.
Your first statement is unnecessary, IMO

The latter is probably the reality. A “Mango” person can also do the same. Let’s keep the classism out of Tbhp.

HSRP rule is not as strictly being enforced so if the owner prefers to change it to a plate of his choice it’s his risk of paying a fine/penalty. I’m sure plenty of alto and nano owners have done so FYI
Sahil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 16:35   #1035
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeygani View Post
Any update?
The situation is complicated. Dealing with this vendor was difficult. First of all I had to raise a CPGRAM for getting the status of the order for our Figo which never had HSRP plates on it. Got it the same day after my complaint was acknowledged on the portal.

However, their tone has changed from cooperative to shrewd. Went to their workshop where I collected the plates for the Figo, to see if they can make the stickers-only for the two Dusters we have. The guy came out and checked the plates which are IBXXXXXXXXX series. He said we cannot make stickers for these plates as we are not authorized. He phoned his superior who sits in a separate office nearby and he too confirmed the same. I visited the office where the BOSS sitting inside overheard my conversation with the receptionist and instructed a guy to attend to me but not entertain my request.

What I deduced from the brief conversation we had is that different vendors have bid for issuing HSRP plates for different series as the authorities had issued the tenders based on the series. So the series like the IB on my car (implemented way back in 2012 and mostly specific to RJ vehicles) has not been bid by any vendor yet. So Officially no-one is authorized to issue replacement plates / stickers for that series. Complying to that Godawari Techno Solutions is issuing HSRPs for new vehicles or vehicles which never had any HSRP previously and the series for the laser code they are issuing is TDXXXXXXXXX.

I asked them if I can apply for a fresh set? They said, "You are free to do so". - BUT, am I overthinking here? What good would be the old HSPR set (and associated laser code) if anyone can issue a fresh set for their car.

There is good news and bad news:

Good:
For the uninitiated or those who never had any HSRP plate/sticker on their car. Go ahead and book with any service provider available for your region. Region is defined by the state of registration (not the location of the car).
Bad:
Those who already have HSRP plates/stickers for their cars - Can someone tell if applying for a fresh set (new laser code) is okay or is it illegal / wrong?
The whole saga looks like it has loopholes with no one to explain how to go about it. No wonders we have options like these cropping up:
  • sticking a coloured background on existing HSRP TLP sticker
  • fabricating one yourself using an OHP sheet and coloured background

Add to that the loot that the agents are executing for these complicated cases. 2,000 for a HSRP set or 800 for sticker only.

Last edited by Tgo : 3rd March 2021 at 16:40.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks