Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2021, 21:24   #14686
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
This is largely a good-to-buy sort of a vehicle that I hope can help me get out of the city for a few days once every month

- 2nd owner Pajero Sport 2012 model in Bangalore with 100K kms run. Owner is asking for 10 Lakhs.

- Single owner Outlander 2010 model with 90K kms run. Owner is asking for 6.5 Lakhs.

A few questions:
1) What is a good price to quote for these?
2) What should I specifically look out for considering the age and kms run?
3) How much money should I keep aside per year to keep these vehicles running? (assuming I will keep it till their end of life)
My advice - you can consider the Pajero Sport if you're sure of the condition and authenticity of the odo reading. As long as there are no oil leaks you'll be fine. This car offers a brilliant ride and excellent fuel efficiency.

1. Set aside 20k for the timing kit (Dayco) or 33k (OEM) since the car has already done 100k kms - one time expense for 100k kms

2. Filters, drive belt, AC belt and brake pads are reasonably priced - oil filter INR650-800 will be a recurring expense at every oil change @10k kms

3. Throw in an AC cabin air filter as the stock car doesn't come with one. This is approx INR 1k

4. Generally parts are built to last

Don't buy the Outlander. It is a more "sophisticated" machine and parts might be expensive.
vigsom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 21:40   #14687
Distinguished - BHPian

Two single owner diesel cars in consideration set (both are owner based sale)

1. A 2019 WR-V with <20k kms for ~9L
2. A 2015 S-Cross 1.6 with ~90k kms for ~6.5L

The S-Cross has a wolf stage 2 map (no hardware modifications) so I'm not sure if I should view it as a +ve / -ve point (questions on how much enthusiastically it has been driven post the mods)

Looking for additional viewpoints on how to evaluate both options (price-wise and so on). I don't expect to see a lot of usage over the next year so this vehicle is primarily going to be for the purpose of long weekend outstation trips at a frequency of once a month.

Edit: Location is Bangalore

Last edited by ninjatalli : 30th June 2021 at 21:42.
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 04:39   #14688
BHPian

Considering a 10 month old Harrier XZA+ with 10k odo. Owner is asking for 21 Lakh. I am planning to take it for 20 Lakh. Is that a fair price? New car on road price is 25 Lakh here.
Old 1st July 2021, 07:00   #14689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

- 2019 WR-V with <20k kms for ~9L
- 2015 S-Cross 1.6 with ~90k kms for ~6.5L

this vehicle is primarily going to be for the purpose of long weekend outstation trips at a frequency of once a month.
The S-Cross 1.6 is an enthusiast's car, and the 90k odo reading wouldn't bother me. However, for the intended use, there are better options.

Petrol(my choice) - Toyota Altis, Honda BR-V, Honda City, 2017 and later Dzire, Marutis with the latest 1.5 petrol

Diesel - Vitara Brezza, Ertiga, Toyota Altis

All you need to do is to check out authenticity of the vehicle, upkeep, and its odo reading. I've included the 2017 Dzire here as I've travelled in one as a co-driver last Nov, and the car impressed me no end; zero fatigue after a six hour drive.
vigsom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 08:16   #14690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The S-Cross has a wolf stage 2 map (no hardware modifications) so I'm not sure if I should view it as a +ve / -ve point (questions on how much enthusiastically it has been driven post the mods)
As a rule don't touch anything but a bone stock car. Avoid anything that has been modded or remapped unless you are extremely familiar with its history.
hserus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 15:27   #14691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
My advice - you can consider the Pajero Sport if you're sure of the condition and authenticity of the odo reading. As long as there are no oil leaks you'll be fine. This car offers a brilliant ride and excellent fuel efficiency.

Don't buy the Outlander. It is a more "sophisticated" machine and parts might be expensive.
Your Pajero thread has been a great inspiration I must say .

Wanted to understand your comment on Outlander a bit more - Are you talking about transmission (are there any specific issues for this CVT), or anything specifically for this model? I am not really looking for an off-roading use case to be honest, so trying to understand this a bit more.
Old 1st July 2021, 20:00   #14692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Wanted to understand your comment on Outlander a bit more.
I didn't find the Outlander worth the extra premium over, say, a Grand Vitara. Too much of electronics, with not so robust parts is my area of concern

1. ABS warning crops up now and then even after an ABS sensor has been replaced
2. Engine Start switch plastic can break
3. Window winders can fail
4. Overall build isn't confidence inspiring
5. Parts are very very expensive

More details here (A Tale of Outliers : Buying a used Mitsubishi Outlander & Maruti Grand Vitara).

Between the Pajero Sport and the Outlander, the Sport is the clear winner.
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 20:01   #14693

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.N. View Post
Hello Team-BHP, I am in the market looking for a car in Mumbai
======
Thanks in advance
Anyone? I've seen a few cars around my place with Team-BHP stickers, can I get in touch in anyone of you guys?
Old 2nd July 2021, 05:50   #14694

Honda City V CVT with BS VI and Android Auto.
Manufacturing year: Nov 19
OD Meter: 4990 KM
Single Owner.

What should be the right price?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd July 2021, 07:45   #14695
Senior - BHPian

While Orangebookvalue type price check sites are fairly in line with prices for regular cars, how good or accurate are they related to used, high depreciating Germans?

Like for example what's the typical going rate for a 2014 A3 3.5 TDI in clean condition ++ 90k mostly highway km run, timing belt replaced, battery and tyres changed recently, single owner? (Chennai but anyway..)

And if some bhpian in Chennai or known circle has a clean A3-A6, 3 series or C/E class that's around 5+ years old and in clean condition, please do get in touch. (direct owners please, not dealers).
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 18:57   #14696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Considering a 10 month old Harrier XZA+ with 10k odo. Owner is asking for 21 Lakh. I am planning to take it for 20 Lakh. Is that a fair price? New car on road price is 25 Lakh here.
Why second hand for 20 Lakhs? Currently Harrier has few offers and if you bargain hard, you will get new one around same price. Not a good deal for sure IMHO. In fact new Harrier HT+ (With Sunroof) is I guess less than 20 Lakhs for new one OTR.
aniketi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 19:09   #14697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Why second hand for 20 Lakhs? Currently Harrier has few offers and if you bargain hard, you will get new one around same price. Not a good deal for sure IMHO. In fact new Harrier HT+ (With Sunroof) is I guess less than 20 Lakhs for new one OTR.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 23:48   #14698
BHPian

I am considering an Aug 2016 manufactured / March 2017 BMW 320d LCI.
52000 kms run, 1st owner. Mumbai registered corporate.
Dark blue color with saddle brown interior.

Have seen the car and it is in pretty good shape. I will of course get it inspected from the bmw dealer. I believe Laukik from Navnit Motors Andheri is highly recommended.

The dealer who is based in Navi Mumbai is asking for 23 lakhs.

What would be a decent price to buy it at?
Old 4th July 2021, 22:17   #14699
BHPian

Red Scorpio s11 2017 model, registered in 2018, but fitted with Yokohama wide tires. First owner, pune registered. Clocked 33kms. Dealer asking price is 12.5 L.

Have checked from multiple sources and odometer looks genuine mileage. But it's just that modified tires are raising suspicion. Took the test drive but the engine vibration is not really pleasing. Planning to get the car inspected from authorized mahindra mechanic.

What should be the ideal price, pls advise.

Thank you.

Last edited by spr1ngleo : 4th July 2021 at 22:24. Reason: Added more info
Old 4th July 2021, 22:53   #14700

Hi,
What should a 2009 Honda City 1.5 S AT (Petrol i-VTEC) (Mumbai) (96,000 KM) go for?
Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks