Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2017, 06:20   #1186
BHPian

I am not very impressed with the rejuvenator. Its just about OK. I did around 30 sprays in my mini jopasu but didnt see a great improvement after.

Is it the same wax used for.waxing the car? Was wondering if it can be used on the car instead?
Old 9th June 2017, 12:02   #1187
BHPian

Re: Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I am not very impressed with the rejuvenator. Its just about OK. I did around 30 sprays in my mini jopasu but didnt see a great improvement after.

Is it the same wax used for.waxing the car? Was wondering if it can be used on the car instead?
30 sprays is very less in my opinion. You'll have to do 3 rounds of 30 sprays with some drying time in between each round. There is a guide on how to rejuvenate the duster in the Do It Yourself section. You can follow a similar process for your mini Jopasu.
Old 9th June 2017, 13:33   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
30 sprays is very less in my opinion. You'll have to do 3 rounds of 30 sprays with some drying time in between each round. There is a guide on how to rejuvenate the duster in the Do It Yourself section. You can follow a similar process for your mini Jopasu.
I did 3 rounds of 25-30 sprays. 30 because mine is the mini-duster(not the full length one with plastic handle ).
Old 10th June 2017, 20:55   #1189
BHPian

After a less than satisfactory experience with Jopasu (I too feel the quality has deteriorated from the past), I tried Roger Carster.

I am getting a significantly better performance from Roger. However, the handle has become loose from the tube and I am having to use it without the handle. I had reconciled to having to live with this, when to my surprise, I got a call from Roger asking for feedback as to how their duster was performing. I told them that the handle was useless , upon which they asked me to WhatsApp a photo . When I sent this, I got a call back from their VP saying they are sending a replacement duster free and apologising for my experience. All this on a Saturday.

This is customer service at its best. I will stick with them for the foreseeable future.
Secretariat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 21:43   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post

This is customer service at its best. I will stick with them for the foreseeable future.
Great service indeed! How much did the Roger duster cost?
Old 12th June 2017, 09:00   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
How much did the Roger duster cost?
Rs 680. Its available on Amazon.
Secretariat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 13:20   #1192
BHPian

Friends, I've been using Original California Duster (ordered from Amazon) for about a month now, before that I had used Jopasu duster for about 5 months. Here is my assessment of the California Original Duster vis-a-vis the Jopasu duster:

Pros:

- With the same usage and storage pattern of the car, the California Duster is significantly better in removing the dust. Every sweep literally sucks dust from the surface even while I am just touching the tips of the threads to the dust. I manage to clean to a fault my Black colored Figo in under 5 minutes.

- There was 0 linting and wax deposits on the car from day 1. Linting was a big problem in the initial days of the Jopasu and wax deposits were a problem till the end.

- The threads have maintained their integrity much better giving the impression that it'll last a lot longer than it's ill fated predecessor.

Cons:
- The storage bag is sub-standard compared to Jopasu. The velcro on the bag managed to grab a handful of the threads from the duster everytime I removed or placed it back. Currently using the Jopasu's bag to keep the Cali and vice-versa.

- Unlike the Jopasu this is not usable 'straightaway' after you acquire it. There's a 'curing' process that'll last 2-3 days and will be slightly messy.

- The Jopasu's handle had slightly better grip due to the ridges and the material used. Cali's handle looks more premium due to varnished wood (personal opinion).

- Cost me about Rs. 200/- more than the Jopasu.

Overall I am quite satisfied with the Cali and feel it is a better product than Jopasu although slightly more expensive.
Will post another report when it reaches the same age as when Jopasu became nearly useless (about 5 months).
Old 7th December 2017, 14:40   #1193
Distinguished - BHPian

I bought Jopasu duster with Rejuvenator from Amazon for 1188 Rs. I was surprised to see such a big box and packaging was brilliant.
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_20171207_135703.jpg
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_20171207_135816.jpg
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_20171207_135843.jpg
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_20171207_140257.jpg
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_20171207_143356.jpg
Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-img_20171207_140515.jpg
Initial Impressions :

1. The handle grip is brilliant.

2. It picks up dust very easily.

3. It's very easy to use
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 15:39   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
I've had mine for nearly a week as well and though the handle IMO is better on the California, the carry case is definitely a let down in comparison to Jopasu's zippered case that completely encloses the duster.

Dusk picking ability is at par with a brand new Jopasu. Let's see how it fares in the long run..
Been in use for 6 months now, a lot longer than any of my Jopasu dusters lasted. Still picking dust almost like day one, definitely superior to the Jopasu.
Old 2nd January 2018, 12:35   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Used my brand new Jopasu Duster today to clean my black Polo which was not washed for 03 days and had a layer of dust on it. I was amazed by the way the duster cleaned the car without any effort at all.

Totally recommend this product!
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 14:02   #1196
Senior - BHPian

I bought Jopasu duster set from Amazon at 989/-. I am using this product for last 2 months. I m very much satisfied with it. Due to its long handle, it's very easy to clean the car. It just takes two or three minutes to clean the entire car. Mini Duster is very useful to clean interior. Its been two months and I m planning to rejuvenate it. I hope duster's performance will improve after rejuvenating.

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-jop.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 11:11   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
I hope duster's performance will improve after rejuvenating.
I rejuvenated my Jopasu duster after a nice wash, exactly as per directions on the 500ml bottle. Today morning, I cleaned my car with the rejuvenated duster and it worked like a charm.

Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review-jop.jpg

This thread was very helpful. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ar-duster.html (DIY: Cleaning & rejuvenating the Jopasu Car Duster)

Last edited by SJM1214 : 17th January 2018 at 11:15. Reason: Added link of DIY thread.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 16:39   #1198
BHPian

This week, I have received my copy of the Jopasu duster along with the rejuvenator from Amazon. My copy of the duster was made of white strands unlike the grey ones that most other members here have received, as we can see on this thread. I have used this duster 3-4 times and my initial impressions are as follows,

a. The duster is slightly on heavier side and picks up dust quickly (of course, at times more than one sweep may be required).

b. After dusting, the car surface is rendered clean and shiny. The duster does not leave behind any residue be it wax, lint or dust particles.

c. Cleans my car (Ciaz) completely within 4-5 minutes.

d. The handle is strong and the strands are knitted tightly. No loose strands or falling hairs. No hard edges to be found that would etch against the painted surface. Overall, the duster is well built. Worth each penny.

e. Needs to be shaken vigorously before and after each use. Honestly, I do not know why, but Jopasu recommends so.

f. The packaging was unusually rectangular and flat (giving an impression as though the contents were akin to a small LED screen panel). The unused volume of packaging however was filled up with bubble pads.

g. The quality of the case is satisfactory considering the overall price.

Overall the product has left me satisfied and happy.
King_pin09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 20:23   #1199
BHPian

I came to know about Jopasu Car Duster recently, thanks to Team-BHP. I ordered one from Amazon and used it for the first time today on my XUV-500 which was covered in a thick layer of dust. The way it absorbed all the dust, almost like a vacuum cleaner, was almost magical.
Old 20th February 2018, 01:00   #1200
BHPian

After going through this thread and related threads, in a total dilemma about which car duster I should buy. A few years ago the clear answer was Jopasu. But seen a lot of comments on the forum and product reviews with complaints of low durability, linting and wax deposits. Some have recommended Roger, but not sure about the dust absorbing capacity of micro-fibre over a longer period. Don't want it to scratch the paint by moving the dust around. California duster selling at 1500 bucks on Amazon!!

Appreciate any advice on what would be the best option in the current scenario.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks