Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 11:18   #3931
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey naveen,

Some bad news, I had used my sister's Nokia to click the pictures but she dropped it in a vessel filled with milk by mistake
Nice pics there. Can certainly see the difference in the color. If possible try posting the video of the same while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjains View Post
Hello Folks,

I have gone through dozens of pages to understand how can get better light (for better visibility on highways) in my DZire ZDI. I am confused and need help!

Looking at several threads, I realized 100/90 philips rally or Orsam or others are good bulbs but I have few questions:

1. Maruti Authorized Service Center folks tell me, it will ruin warranty on electrical parts! Is it true? My DZire has completed 10,500 KM and 14 months.

2. Will it cause any other damage, for e.g. to reflectors, wiring or battery? Whats your exp?

3. Do you know where can I get it done in Bangalore? How much will it cost?

4. Based on your exp., would you suggest the same Phillips Rally 100/90 or something else?

Appreciate your inputs. Please take out some time to reply please.

Thanks,
Jitendra
Jit:

1. Dont take your car to the service center for any upgrades. They will always try to move people away from such mods. I have had personal experience with them. If the installation is done properly without cutting the wires, it will be absolutely safe. I have previously installed Osram 100/90 W in my Swift.

2. There are mixed reactions from public when it comes to using higher wattage bulbs. People say if you use this for a longer period, the reflectors will be damaged. (One of friend in Bangalore experienced this in his Getz). So I guess this should be used only for a short period.

3. I guess the whole kit can be installed for around 1.5k . There are many shops in Bang. From my experience, try Sprocket (Next to China Pearl - Koramangala or try a shop near St John's School, Thoms Supermarket)

4. In higher wattage bulbs, I would recommend Philips. They provide better light output.

If you can stretch your budget, try installing HIDs. Am currently using HID's with a projector headlight. This is always better than regular Halos since it consumes less heat and the life is long.

Anything else, let me know.
Cheers.!

Last edited by Eddy : 11th June 2010 at 18:43. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 11th June 2010, 14:40   #3932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Expecting the pics.

Regarding the new query, it is possible to add LED to the existing lamp. There are many threads with these.
As for the lights for all the doors, this is also possible. I have seen a Santro with these. But problem is, these lights continue to be ON even if the doors are closed. Not a proper installation I guess.
My DIY light on doors are ON only when any of Door is open, else they remain OFF.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ht-santro.html
Old 11th June 2010, 17:49   #3933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jit:

1. Dont take your car to the service center for any upgrades. They will always try to move people away from such mods. I have had personal experience with them. If the installation is done properly without cutting the wires, it will be absolutely safe. I have previously installed Osram 100/90 W in my Swift.

2. There are mixed reactions from public when it comes to using higher wattage bulbs. People say if you use this for a longer period, the reflectors will be damaged. (One of friend in Bangalore experienced this in his Getz). So I guess this should be used only for a short period.

3. I guess the whole kit can be installed for around 1.5k . There are many shops in Bang. From my experience, try Sprocket (Next to China Pearl - Koramangala or try a shop near St John's School, Thoms Supermarket)

4. In higher wattage bulbs, I would recommend Philips. They provide better light output.

If you can stretch your budget, try installing HIDs. Am currently using HID's with a projector headlight. This is always better than regular Halos since it consumes less heat and the life is long.

Anything else, let me know.
Cheers.!
How much does the HID costs.
Im also in the same dilemma.
Old 11th June 2010, 21:19   #3934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice pics there. Can certainly see the difference in the color. If possible try posting the video of the same while driving.
Hey naveen, thanks & I am glad that the pictures are clear & are solving the purpose. As for the video, I would surely take it, but could you tell me how I can upload a video here, would it have to be through Youtube?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
My DIY light on doors are ON only when any of Door is open, else they remain OFF.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ht-santro.html
Man, congrats first of all for such a lovely modification & for doing it yourself. And I must say it adds bling as well.

I will try to implement it this weekend, would trouble you in case I need some help. I will do one door first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
I only know about Philips & it costs around 9.5K.

@all: Does quartz glass help in keeping the temparatures low inside the headlight assembly or preventing/slowing the damage to the reflectors in any way? The Philips representative I spoke to, before I bought the Xtreme Power said that their bulbs are made out of quartz glass & he said it is better. I know from high school physics that quartz is better because it causes lesser defraction in the light rays passing through it, but does it in any way reduce the heat or prevent the damage to reflectors?

Drive safe.
Old 12th June 2010, 03:59   #3935
BHPian

I am also using Philips H4 for last 6 months and the performance is outstanding, other cars looks like pale yellow oil based lamps against these bulbs.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-4300k.jpg
These are 60/55W quite white and gives excellent Night-vision
comes with 2 small bulbs for parking light, but I am using my own CUstom L.E.D. Parking Lights

Last edited by ghpk : 12th June 2010 at 04:04.
Old 12th June 2010, 08:57   #3936
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
I use Auto Gauge 4300k HIDs in my projectors and got it for 7.5k.
Philips would be expensive but worth every penny.
Old 12th June 2010, 08:59   #3937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey naveen, thanks & I am glad that the pictures are clear & are solving the purpose. As for the video, I would surely take it, but could you tell me how I can upload a video here, would it have to be through Youtube?

Man, congrats first of all for such a lovely modification & for doing it yourself. And I must say it adds bling as well.

I will try to implement it this weekend, would trouble you in case I need some help. I will do one door first.

I only know about Philips & it costs around 9.5K.

@all: Does quartz glass help in keeping the temparatures low inside the headlight assembly or preventing/slowing the damage to the reflectors in any way? The Philips representative I spoke to, before I bought the Xtreme Power said that their bulbs are made out of quartz glass & he said it is better. I know from high school physics that quartz is better because it causes lesser defraction in the light rays passing through it, but does it in any way reduce the heat or prevent the damage to reflectors?

Drive safe.

You just need to paste the link. I did it for my video like this.
Old 12th June 2010, 16:18   #3938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
I am also using Philips H4 for last 6 months and the performance is outstanding, other cars looks like pale yellow oil based lamps against these bulbs.

Attachment 365350
These are 60/55W quite white and gives excellent Night-vision
comes with 2 small bulbs for parking light, but I am using my own CUstom L.E.D. Parking Lights
Hey mate,

Can you report on the visibility of these bulbs during rains, as white light is not good for driving in such weather conditions.

Drive safe.

@naveen: Will try taking the videos over the weekend, if the phone starts working fine. My digicam's video mode is not working, hence have to wait for the phone. Will let you know once done.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 12th June 2010 at 16:20.
Old 12th June 2010, 18:20   #3939
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey mate,

Can you report on the visibility of these bulbs during rains, as white light is not good for driving in such weather conditions.

Drive safe.

@naveen: Will try taking the videos over the weekend, if the phone starts working fine. My digicam's video mode is not working, hence have to wait for the phone. Will let you know once done.
No issues. Take your time.
Keep me updated.
Old 14th June 2010, 10:30   #3940
BHPian

@ghpk - Does the parking light come as a set with those? And how much did the set cost you?
Old 14th June 2010, 12:15   #3941
BHPian

I am planning to get the Philips Crystal Vision mentioned above today. So before I get it I just wanted to know if the 60/55 would cause the darkening of the reflector? If this one also would cause the same I think I had rather go for the 100/90 ones. I hope I can get a quick reply on this one.
Old 14th June 2010, 16:30   #3942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
I am planning to get the Philips Crystal Vision mentioned above today. So before I get it I just wanted to know if the 60/55 would cause the darkening of the reflector? If this one also would cause the same I think I had rather go for the 100/90 ones. I hope I can get a quick reply on this one.
60/55W bulbs wont cause any darkening of the reflectors. Anything above this would affect in a long term use.
This should provide better lighting when compared to stock bulbs but dont expect 80% more light output as these guys advertise.
For better lighting you should go for HIDs.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:49   #3943
BHPian

Thanks Naveen. I was just waiting for a reply before actually going and getting it. Do you have any idea if we would be getting it as a set with the parking lamps. At one place I saw it as a individual bulbs. One bulb at 400 bucks. Do you have any idea of the current prices? Seems no one put up the price at which they got it recently.
Old 14th June 2010, 20:58   #3944
BHPian

hi. i plan to get a set of angel eyes and an led tail lamp for my accent viva. i already have hid's for my fogs and headlights.
1) can anybody post pictures if you have them installed on your car
2) can i use my existing HID kit for the angel eyes
3)approx cost?

thank you

PS-mods pls spare this post! every post of mine is delted. i have used the search option for hours and have not been able to find my answers. pls let this one be posted! thanks
Old 15th June 2010, 10:14   #3945
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
Thanks Naveen. I was just waiting for a reply before actually going and getting it. Do you have any idea if we would be getting it as a set with the parking lamps. At one place I saw it as a individual bulbs. One bulb at 400 bucks. Do you have any idea of the current prices? Seems no one put up the price at which they got it recently.
Anytime..
I have no idea on that. Think some brands(chinese) provide parking bulbs too but guess branded ones do not provide them.
I got 100/90W Osram cool blue bulbs with relay,holder and the wiring kit for around 1.5k. This was around 1 yr back.
I think your configuration would cost less.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks