Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 19:02   #5971
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I need to get HID replacements for my H11 Fog lights in the Civic. My needs are

1. 2700K
2. Excellent quality bulbs and ballasts. I want to get one spare bulb.
3. Comprehensive loom. No cutting should be required.

Any suggested suppliers / sources?
A brand called as "P8" could possibly be your choice . A couple of BHPians (subodh, monarocv8) have installed these in their ocatvia / vento (H4). The throw is excellent and they come with a comprehensive replacement 1 year warranty and in all bulb variants.

These come in 2 variants for headlights :
35W/55W , both as plug and play setup , no cutting of wiring harness(es) watsover . This is available in fogs as well , but doubt if that would really help your cause .

Have driven the Civic on stock and upgraded headlamps and have always found the headlamps to be insufficient ( the low beam almost has no illumination and throw ) . Always felt the need to upgrade the headlamps to powerful HID's .

Suppliers in Pune - All decent accessory shops house these (Bafna Cars/ Poona Motors /Car Cupid / Bhandari Cars).
Old 1st March 2012, 08:43   #5972
BHPian

Yesterday i inquired with one more Auto parts dealer in pune for Relay kit for 100/90 bulbs upgrade.
He had ceramic holders+wiring kit+relay as complete one package from MINDA for 550 rupees which is quite cheap than ROOTS (900 Rs) and PHILIPS (1000 Rs).

MINDA is well known in automotive industry for quality component supplier.
I would appreciate your opinions here for the same.

Also i found that Philips Rally 100/90 bulbs price is increased to 200 Rs which is manufactured in Dec 2011. You can find old stock for 150 Rs though.
Old 1st March 2012, 09:03   #5973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
yesterday i inquired with one of the auto parts dealer in pune at nashik phata about relay kit and 100/90 bulbs.
he showed me ROOTS wiring kit along with relay and ceramic holders and philips rally 100/90 bulbs pair.
he quoted 2500 including installation for all these.
is this price good?
try osram night breakers series. Advantage they are 60/55 watt, so no load on wiring & brilliant light.
Old 1st March 2012, 09:05   #5974
BHPian

Re: Philips Rally - questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Could be that or the dynamo sending in different voltages. It happened to me once and was solved after a prompt dynamo service.
new genertion cars don't have dynamos.
Old 1st March 2012, 14:33   #5975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitl

new genertion cars don't have dynamos.
Can you elaborate this part ? Then how does the battery charges?
Old 1st March 2012, 14:50   #5976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt

Can you elaborate this part ? Then how does the battery charges?
According to me all the modern cars have alternators to generate electricity
Old 1st March 2012, 16:37   #5977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Yesterday i inquired with one more Auto parts dealer in pune for Relay kit for 100/90 bulbs upgrade.
He had ceramic holders+wiring kit+relay as complete one package from MINDA for 550 rupees which is quite cheap than ROOTS (900 Rs) and PHILIPS (1000 Rs).
Thats a steal , if its original . Go for it , provided the wiring kit is from MINDA (double check it ) , if not stay with ROOTS/HELLA/ BOSCH and the likes .
Old 2nd March 2012, 23:01   #5978
Senior - BHPian

I have a query. If vehicle has higher wattage bulbs with relay, would reverting to stock specs lamps (without removing relay) pose a problem?
Old 2nd March 2012, 23:28   #5979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
I have a query. If vehicle has higher wattage bulbs with relay, would reverting to stock specs lamps (without removing relay) pose a problem?
absolutely not. No need to remove existing replays.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 02:59   #5980
Senior - BHPian

alright call me crazy but i have pretty much made up my mind to go with 2-pairs of hella comet 500 on my swift D.

i need your help in deciding what fashion i am going to fix them on my car, here is a pic i have attached in the post any suggestions and thoughts are welcome.

i have put the set right on the number plate section and i plan to move the number plate below in the way shown in the picture, my thoughts are this will not restrict the air to the radiators and the number plate shown is not final yet either. i may even take up a square plate and write the numbers in two lines to make sure this will be least air restrictive.

note:i do not have stock fog lamps and i have after market horns, so the number plate covering that section is not an issue.

P.S. i shall later share the procedure/way in which i will fix these fogs and the wiring information, this will be interesting because its all custom and DIY...
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-marutisuzukiswift_fog-iteration-3.jpg  

Old 3rd March 2012, 03:19   #5981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
earlier ref:

Attachment 891036
Attachment 891038
Attachment 891037

The green thing attached to brackets is just a piece of pipe/hose I have put so that sharp edge of bar doesnt hurt; temporary. The second Yellow set would be done at later stage, though provision of bracket is done. The bar is very sturdy and rock solid; heavy duty brackets stuck to the chassis. I have applied the adhesive tape on the (default red) wires so as to give black color and a layer of protection.

Connection: currently its connected to the (Front) Fog Lamp. Installation of a dedicated Switch may require opening of dashboard OR drilling - hence postponed.

Overall the light performance is good. The white covers are supplied in the pack, but I have kept them aside. Kids tend to 'align'/move them ! It is vibrating a bit on bumpy road - need to put a washer n tighten the bolts - lazy me.

regards,
Pranav

instead of what you did in pic 2 you could have done this so that the first contact point in case of minor bumps, the rod would hit first in stead of the light's glass.

hey i am not photoshop expert i just did the best i could with paint just to make a point. hope this helps you, since you put the efforts to get a fabricate a bracket and pipe for the fog lamp.

i guess you can have your fabricator do this, all he would need to do is remove the bracket welds he did now and re-weld them a little behind the pipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-modded-model.jpg  

Old 4th March 2012, 16:03   #5982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Here's the link. They have good collections of lighting products. Please note that it takes around 2-3 weeks for them to deliver the products.

Super Bright LED Car Lights, LED Lights For Cars, LED Bulbs, HID Bulbs, HID Conversion Kits and Car Accessories
Hi Naveen

I am planning to buy the 7 Color LED Scanner Light | RGB LED Knight Rider Accent Lighting Kit it's nearly $50.

Do you think this I may need to pay additionally for customs ?

Oh by the way this has Knight Rider, Brake Lamp & Turn indicator functionallities according to the comments.
Old 4th March 2012, 19:05   #5983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I need to get HID replacements for my H11 Fog lights in the Civic. My needs are

1. 2700K
2. Excellent quality bulbs and ballasts. I want to get one spare bulb.
3. Comprehensive loom. No cutting should be required.

Any suggested suppliers / sources?
Professor, for the second requirement - I suggest you to buy the spare bulbs in pair, as HID burners bleach over the period. If you replace the one which is broken, you might have color difference between the replaced one and the one running fine in another side. Treat it as, a bulb gone, you need to replace both.
Since it is just a foglight, you many need not do emergency replacement on your travel, and also it is not that plug-and-play job on you civic. So why not buying with warranty rather than a spare set ?

2700K must be too much of yellow. I had seen 3000K and it was.
shyamhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 21:29   #5984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannan View Post
Hi Naveen

I am planning to buy the 7 Color LED Scanner Light | RGB LED Knight Rider Accent Lighting Kit it's nearly $50.

Do you think this I may need to pay additionally for customs ?

Oh by the way this has Knight Rider, Brake Lamp & Turn indicator functionallities according to the comments.
I had seen this when I browsed the site for DRL's. Dont think it will attract customs. If so, it will be a nominal charge. I have bought lights for around 1.5k but didnt attract customs.
Old 5th March 2012, 12:49   #5985
BHPian

I drive an Etios VD. I find the current headlamps a little too weak,especially on highways. I plan to upgrade to 100/90 bulbs. This is the quote that I got:-
Roots wiring harness - Rs.590.00
Roots relay 12V - Rs. 175.00
Lispart Halogen Bulbs 100/90 - Rs.85*2 = 170.00
Labour - 150.00

Total - Rs.1085.00

Has anybody installed Lispart bulbs on their cars? Is it reliable? I spoke to the owner of this shop & he seemed quite a imformed fellow. He quoted Philips 100/90 @ Rs.300 a pair.

So what do I go for - Lispart or Philips?

Will the warranty nullify with this installation? Do advice.

Regards,
Varun

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks