Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2015, 18:59   #8971
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I had got Bosch 90/100 headlamps with relay for my Beat 2 years ago. There is one issue though which persists till today: after medium runs, there is a whine coming , which goes away when the headlights are switched off. What might be the reason?
Old 24th April 2015, 21:09   #8972
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydNaz View Post
But I'm now quite skeptical of it and now am afraid if those wirings are adequate or will it cause any harm to the battery or the overall electrical setup of the vehicle.

Moreover the car is still under warranty, but i presume it's void now.
My only suggestion and the best one us to remove that writing that the mechanic has done. Go to any good reputed accessory installer and ask for Wiring harness kits for 100/90W bulbs. You can get kits by Hella or Minda or Philips. I chose Hella.

Further details in the below link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Are there any branded kits for 100/90 setup?
You can get kits by Hella or Minda or Philips.

Link to post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3673686

Quote:
Where can we procure a genuine kit in b'lore? Please advise.
I am not from Bangalore but AFAIK, these kids can be found around J C Road.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 22:54   #8973

Hi All,
I am a total noob when it comes to automotive lighting. I currently use Amaze(still under warranty) as my daily driver. Had a real horrifying experience while travelling on NICE expressway during a heavy downpour. My OEM lights were literally useless. I felt like I was driving blindfolded. Hence, I want to replace my lights ASAP.

I need your expert advise on the following.
1) What should I change my Low beam and high beam headlight bulbs to? Osram/Philips?
2) I do not have any fog lamps on my car. I am thinking of going for auxiliary lights.(rally-esque). Which ones should i get? What will be the price range?
3) Where can i get these things sourced/fitted in Bangalore?

I have decided that i wont take my car out until I get these things done.

PS. I do not want any high intensity lighting. Better lighting than usual and within legal limits will suffice.
Old 25th April 2015, 00:36   #8974
BHPian

What are the OEM bulbs in the new Verna 4S's projector headlamps. If one needs to upgrade to white lights, what are the options available. Also matching fog lamps required.
Old 25th April 2015, 06:57   #8975
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55-Nitinol View Post
I need your expert advise on the following.
1) What should I change my Low beam and high beam headlight bulbs to? Osram/Philips?
2) I do not have any fog lamps on my car. I am thinking of going for auxiliary lights.(rally-esque). Which ones should i get? What will be the price range?
3) Where can i get these things sourced/fitted in Bangalore?

1) Osram NB+ and Philips Xtreme vision. Both are good and there are mixed reviews on them. Do check the reviews and go for it. I am using osram NB+. Since it is of the stock wattage, dont expect a huge improvement. I personally feel, there's 15-20% improvement from stock headlights.

2) You have Hella Rallye or Black Magic. Should cost 6k-7k.

3) You can contact Mr Satya, of Evo. The details are in directory thread. There's a dedicated thread.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 07:40   #8976
BHPian

Can anyone please confirm if the "fog lights" which come installed in the bumpers mostly OEM fitment are actually fog lights which aid visibility in foggy and/or rain situations or are they just for fun? Cause they look pretty same to normal lights, at least visually.....
Old 25th April 2015, 07:42   #8977
BHPian

After using Philips XV, Osram NB+, and Philips 90/100 Bulb+kit, my vote is for 90/100 setup.
Old 25th April 2015, 11:27   #8978
BHPian

Quote:
Are there any branded kits for 100/90 setup? Where can we procure a genuine kit in b'lore? Please advise.
Not sure if They come as kit. Usually you have to pick them seperately. Many shops on j c road where u will find lot of options. hella philips osram are some good brands.
Old 25th April 2015, 13:01   #8979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Powerbulbs, UK is running a flat 20% off limited offer on all their stuff except Osram NBU bulbs. Order away!

Attachment 1363898

PS: Free international shipping via Royal Mail UK (without tracking facility) and most consignments which are usually small, don't attract customs duties. They arrive within 20 days to 1 month tops.

Which bulbs are worth buying? Even with discount I see that the cost is more than what you get for here.
Old 26th April 2015, 21:31   #8980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
If the Scorpio turn signals are operated by flasher relay and not bcm you just need to replace the stock relay with a LED flasher relay. This will take care of hyperflash without using resistor.

TDI front indicators looks like they're P21W and can be replaced with PY21W led. Fender Indicators might be W5W, need to check.

I haven't done the headlight bulb upgrade. Mine is double barrel face lift headlamps. I'll upgrade to Osram NB later. But my friend is using 90/100 Osram with Philips relay in his Vento with older type headlight. 90/100 should be ok, I wouldn't recommend 100/130 based on my experience with it in Astar and Swift.
Hi Shankar,

Have you done the front and side Led's. Any details on the spec.

Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 22:08   #8981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
I had got Bosch 90/100 headlamps with relay for my Beat 2 years ago. There is one issue though which persists till today: after medium runs, there is a whine coming , which goes away when the headlights are switched off. What might be the reason?
Not sure if you have already found a solution to this problem. I had a similiar problem with my i10; and it was found that it was the little motor inside thats making the sound. The same motor that is used to level headlights. A good measure to check will be to see if your leveller is still working.
Old 27th April 2015, 10:48   #8982
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Can anyone please confirm if the "fog lights" which come installed in the bumpers mostly OEM fitment are actually fog lights which aid visibility in foggy and/or rain situations or are they just for fun? Cause they look pretty same to normal lights, at least visually.....
Yes, they do. Diffuse light very low results in far lower back scatter. I have replaced the 35W H11s in my Civic with 55W 3000K HIDs.
Old 27th April 2015, 10:58   #8983
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Which bulbs are worth buying? Even with discount I see that the cost is more than what you get for here.
From what I checked, those 4000K LEDs and festoons. I don't think you get these W5W LEDs here with the warm white intensity. Most are 6000K output with a blue'ish output. Checked the D2S Xenon bulbs as well - they are cheaper with the discount.
Old 27th April 2015, 11:21   #8984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
From what I checked, those 4000K LEDs and festoons. I don't think you get these W5W LEDs here with the warm white intensity. Most are 6000K output with a blue'ish output. Checked the D2S Xenon bulbs as well - they are cheaper with the discount.
You do get W5W(T10) LED in warm white on DX. Have been using them for a while now. Brand is Sencart.

http://www.dx.com/s/sencart+T10+warm+white.

Yea HID's look like a good deal .

I was looking for Philips Xtreme vision H4 since they are not available anywhere in India currently. But they are expensive even after discount
Old 27th April 2015, 13:59   #8985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
You do get W5W(T10) LED in warm white on DX. Have been using them for a while now. Brand is Sencart.

http://www.dx.com/s/sencart+T10+warm+white.

Yea HID's look like a good deal .

I was looking for Philips Xtreme vision H4 since they are not available anywhere in India currently. But they are expensive even after discount
Sagar if you want xv +130 go for amazon.com. I got one for me, due in few days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks