Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2018, 00:32   #10951
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Gents, does anyone happen to know which bulbs are used for vanity lights (located above the sun visors) and the glovebox in a ZX Innova Crysta? I'm going to be getting rid of all incandescent bulbs in the interior of our Crysta and these positions are the final ones that I am unable to find any information about. Sankar sir has been instrumental in help with the remainder, many thanks once again to him!

In any case, are they T10s in both positions similar to the rest of the interior bulbs or are they different?

Google hasn't been of much help other than indicating certain Toyota models overseas are using a 74 bulbs for glovebox illumination. Does the same hold true for the Innova Crysta?
Old 28th March 2018, 06:47   #10952
BHPian

I have a general query about lighting:

If the warmer colour temperatures are inherently better for all-weather driving, why are auto-makers (all classes) still using 6000k temperature bulbs in their new cars? I think Merc uses 6000k cause their light is has such a bluish effect!

Is it only because the fad of LED (which once came in white only) just stuck on?

There's the news about UK Govt. analysing the headlight glare, which is DEFINITELY more pronounced in LED lights compared to halogens.
Old 28th March 2018, 09:25   #10953
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
Gents, does anyone happen to know which bulbs are used for vanity lights (located above the sun visors) and the glovebox in a ZX Innova Crysta? I'm going to be getting rid of all incandescent bulbs in the interior of our Crysta and these positions are the final ones that I am unable to find any information about. Sankar sir has been instrumental in help with the remainder, many thanks once again to him!

In any case, are they T10s in both positions similar to the rest of the interior bulbs or are they different?

Google hasn't been of much help other than indicating certain Toyota models overseas are using a 74 bulbs for glovebox illumination. Does the same hold true for the Innova Crysta?
Open the cover up. You just need a flat head screw driver or a credit card kind of tool to remove the cover. Then you can find out the type of bulb
Old 28th March 2018, 09:47   #10954
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
Gents, does anyone happen to know which bulbs are used for vanity lights (located above the sun visors) and the glovebox in a ZX Innova Crysta?
I think it is Festoon bulb (length may be 31mm). I'm not entirely sure but I'm guessing based on the image that is available in the Crysta Official review.
Old 28th March 2018, 12:38   #10955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I have used a pair of Chines LEDs and they worked good for 2 years before one of them stopped working. They dont cost much and hence you can easily replace them if you dont like them.

Please dont install Hella 500FFs, that will be an overkill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
I have a pair of Chinese LED aux lamps on my Bullet. They are really bright and actually do make a difference to visibility during challenging lighting situations. I did my fitting through the main wiring itself and added a switch for operation.

Thank you Arijithin & Naturaldisaster!

Apologies for the delayed response, had taken a hiatus.

So I did consider your advise and have installed 2 (3Wx6LED) on the bike, the net expense was INR 1500 and must say am very very satisfied with the output.

With only the LEDs switched on, as you can see the area where I have clicked this picture is not really dark as such, but still the illumination stands out by itself. Along with the stock lights this has pretty much solved the issue.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-led-lights-1.jpg

Position and placement of the LEDs (one on each side)
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-led-lights-2.jpg

These are operated via a separate switch and it really helps in teaching pesky High Beam lovers to give some respect to other travelers.

Now I am on the lookout for upgrading my Aria further, last year we installed the Osram H7 HIDs in the projector (low beam) and that was very helpful.

That still leaves out the high beam and the fogs, I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade to LEDs for the high beam or should I just upgrade the bulbs (please suggest) or focus on improving the fog lights.

Cheers!
Trojan
Old 28th March 2018, 17:15   #10956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Thank you Arijithin & Naturaldisaster!

Apologies for the delayed response, had taken a hiatus.

So I did consider your advise and have installed 2 (3Wx6LED) on the bike, the net expense was INR 1500 and must say am very very satisfied with the output.
Where are the LED's installed?
Old 28th March 2018, 18:04   #10957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Open the cover up. You just need a flat head screw driver or a credit card kind of tool to remove the cover. Then you can find out the type of bulb
Apologies, I should have made it clear in my original post. I am currently not located in India and as such an unable to check myself. The car is being used by my parents who are not exactly technically sound enough to check for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I think it is Festoon bulb (length may be 31mm). I'm not entirely sure but I'm guessing based on the image that is available in the Crysta Official review.

Is there any way you could confirm the same? It would be highly appreciated as I've sourced pretty much all the other bulbs required, I just want to be sure which ones are used here so I can complete the order.
Old 29th March 2018, 10:11   #10958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Where are the LED's installed?
The LEDs are installed to the left and right side of the headlight by way of clamps, you can refer to the second pic in my last post for reference.
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 22:28   #10959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
The LEDs are installed to the left and right side of the headlight by way of clamps, you can refer to the second pic in my last post for reference.
Thanks for pointing that out. It was hidden in plain sight.

I was also planning to install a LED projector in my Scooty Zest 110. Seeing your setup, I wonder if just having a LED bar would suffice.
Old 30th March 2018, 05:01   #10960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. It was hidden in plain sight.

I was also planning to install a LED projector in my Scooty Zest 110. Seeing your setup, I wonder if just having a LED bar would suffice.
In a scooty, a LED spot light pair will be more than enough
Old 3rd April 2018, 15:45   #10961
BHPian

Hi, could someone help me out with the bulb type for the Chevrolet Cruze? The headlamps as well as fog lights
Old 4th April 2018, 14:54   #10962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Probably most of us Duster owners know the downside of buying a duster with the headlight assembly.
In continuation with my previous post just got auxbeam LEDs for H7 . The only disadvantage of fin type led was that I had to cut the dust cap and that did allow some moisture to enter the headlight assembly , these ones have no fan or copper fin protruding outside the dustcap. They also throw higher lumens , 4000 lumens per bulb compared to 2500 lumens with the fin type. I just got them delivered and finished the installation myself. Theoretically it has more practicality and bang for the buck but a road trip can only confirm its worth.

Amazon link - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-31a10c77e573455b8e954fd1ecfd8a5a.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-01942a845d7945c8b45b88f2e1ba75d3.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-cdf416dfee824351aefa6c68ba8892db.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-ea078cdaaa2e4a32a587aec813ea9313.jpg
ARAY is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 23:54   #10963
BHPian

Every time I used to follow a TATA Zest during night time, I used to ogle at the rear number plates which were illuminated by white LED bulbs. Recently one of my friends sent me a link for some LED bulbs which could be used as a plug & play replacement for number plate lights. I ordered 2 of them (each contained 2 bulbs) to fit in our Ecosport & Zen. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.in/Osram-Retrofit-...-02B0+LED+bulb

I fitted the bulbs as a DIY, strangely this time the Ford was easier to work on than the Maruti. The number plate lights in the Ecosport are locked in placed by a simpler push type locking mechanism, while the Zen's number plate lights have a screw type arrangement.

The replacement bulbs were plug & play in both the cars, one thing to look out for is the correct polarity. So, I would recommend you guys to check if the bulb glows or not before fitting the holder back in place. If the bulb doesn't glow, one should fit the bulb the other way round in the holder (for the correct polarity). Also if your car has an advanced CANBUS system (e.g Fiat Punto) which detects a blown bulb, then fitting the LED bulbs might force the MID to show an error.

The results during night time are good, it seems that the 860 rupees spent was worth it. The coolness of both the cars have increased considerably. Even the brightness of the LED's are spot on, not too bright as I had feared earlier.

A close look at the Ecosport's number plate light:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-ecosport-light-1.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-ecosport-light-2.jpg

The Zen's bulb has a screw type mechanism:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-untitled.jpg

Note: The above photo is from the Omni, the Zen also has the exact same arrangement.

Zen's number plate at night:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-zen-number-plate.jpg

Ecosport's number plate at night:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-ecosport-number-plate.jpg

Both the cars together:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-eco-zen-together-1.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-eco-zen-together-2.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 10th April 2018 at 00:05.
chiranjitp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 00:22   #10964
BANNED

Fantastic work sir. I love the way the white LED's impart a clean look over the stock yellow bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
Zen's number plate at night
Is the left bulb in the Zen out of focus? Or is the outer glass damaged or not clear as light output is lesser as compared to the right bulb in the Zen?

Last edited by ampere : 10th April 2018 at 05:01. Reason: Typo fixed
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 11:44   #10965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
In continuation with my previous post just got auxbeam LEDs for H7 .
Could you post some pictures of how the beam looks like in the night?
I have fit the Dual Beam Lasfits on my 2014 City and the light seems to spread 360 degree without any cut off. So in my experience it looks like the LEDs are good for Low Beam and not so much for the High Beam when put inside a Halogen Housing.

I have shared my experience here: URL

I am also getting another pair of LED H7 LED Bulbs to use as Fog Lamps from USA via a friend of mine. I did consider the AuxBeams and then finally went for these: URL. The oEdro Bulbs should arrive by this weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks