Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2019, 12:54   #976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

@yesyeswe @LazyGunner

Any recommendations on which accessories are a must while getting the delivery and which one should I buy aftermarket considering the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Duke/RC 390 comes with metzelers and they are pretty expensive as well, most of the people don't opt for them afterwards.

Surprisingly, Metzelers available for the Conti 650 are cheaper than the Perilli's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGunner View Post
Agreed, any other tyre with same specs will do. I also feel that 15k for Pirelli PSC is exaggerated by RE given almost nil existence of a market for these tyres of size 18 in India. Aren't PSDs which came as stock on GT535 available for 4-5k apiece, while RE sold them for 9k?

Given how crisp the brakes on my INT are, I don't want to disturb anything that would affect it even if it saves my a couple of grands.

As of now 2 years old Perilli's are available in my local market for around 4500 each. I guess that should be a good deal.
Old 19th July 2019, 13:04   #977
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Surprisingly, Metzelers available for the Conti 650 are cheaper than the Perilli's.

As of now 2 years old Perilli's are available in my local market for around 4500 each. I guess that should be a good deal.
Can you share the details of which Metzelers (model / specification) you are referring to? To my knowledge, the Metz options are in 17 inch and not 18 inch which is what the 650 twins have.
Old 19th July 2019, 14:01   #978
BHPian

Quote:
@yesyeswe @LazyGunner

Any recommendations on which accessories are a must while getting the delivery and which one should I buy aftermarket considering the price.

I went with crash guard, the big one in black colour, fork gaiters as i don't want to pay for shocker seal repairs which used to happen a lot in my pulsar, engine sump guard, indian roads never cease to surprise you and bar end mirrors, the stock ones look hideous (my opinion, please don't come to my house to beat me) and the visibility was bad as well, bar end ones offer better visibility and looks dope. These are which you shouldn't miss. I even wanted to get the single seat with cowl but it wasn't in stock, they'll let me know when it'll arrive and bill me then only.

Re gives you 15% discount on accessories worth ₹ 10k and 20% on 15k ₹ accessories. If you'll get all the accessories which i have mentioned including the seat and the cowl your total would be 15200 ₹ and you'll get 20% off, so you'll be paying 12160 ₹

Get the bike from official re store instead of dealership, they'll not charge you extra for accessories installation, number plate or any other thing which the dealerships do mostly.
The sump guard plate from zana doesn't look as good as RE's and i didn't like the crash guard design as well. But the quality of RE accessories are very good

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th July 2019 at 14:05. Reason: Post edited for readability. Please use paragraph break.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 14:04   #979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Can you share the details of which Metzelers (model / specification) you are referring to? To my knowledge, the Metz options are in 17 inch and not 18 inch which is what the 650 twins have.

Plz go through this link :

https://www.amazon.in/Metzeler-Laser.../dp/B000GV4ZVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I went with crash guard, the big one in black colour, fork gaiters as i don't want to pay for shocker seal repairs which used to happen a lot. The sump guard plate from zana doesn't look as good as RE's and i didn't like the crash guard design as well. But the quality of RE accessories are very good

Thanks for the list. Please tell me How do I find official RE store list. Is it available on their website? What is the difference between a RE Store and a RE Dealer?

Last edited by mercedised : 19th July 2019 at 14:10.
Old 19th July 2019, 15:04   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Plz go through this link :

https://www.amazon.in/Metzeler-Laser.../dp/B000GV4ZVI

Thanks for the list. Please tell me How do I find official RE store list. Is it available on their website? What is the difference between a RE Store and a RE Dealer?
These tyres look good but until and unless someone tries them on interceptor/continental gt and gives a positive review i can't risk with the dynamics of the bike. It's too good to risk anything.
And regarding the company store, go to RE's website, then select your state and city and it will show you the list of all the stores in your city, if it's a company store it would be mentioned in the description, i am attaching a screenshot for jaipur for example.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-screenshot_20190719145737.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 16:28   #981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got it, nothing new from Metzeler so far then.

There have been 2 different Metzeler tire options available in India for 18 inch wheels

- Front : Metz 880 Marathon 100/90-18
This is what the Metzerler website has to say about this product
- Premium line for cruiser and heavy touring bikes
- Radial and bias-ply sizes for V-twin, metric cruiser and custom bikes
- High grip soft compound
- Specific carcass construction for exceptional riding comfort, stability and light handling
(Link - https://www.amazon.in/Metzeler-ME880...omotive&sr=1-2)

- Rear : Metz Lasertec 130/70-18
This is what the Metzerler website has to say about this product
- Classic style, new technology
- Heritage tread pattern and modern technological solutions to enhance style and performance of the motorcycle
(Link - https://www.amazon.in/Metzeler-Laser...omotive&sr=1-1)

Since the front and rear tire are from two different lines and meant for two different purposes, there hasnt been too much adoption in the Indian market. That plus the price. However, it will be interesting to hear real world feedback from someone who goes in for this combination.

I have used tires from different companies on the front and rear on my GT 535 which has a much lower power output and I am a more sedate rider than most. On the more powerful 650s, I wouldnt take that chance though.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 20:58   #982
BHPian

Are there any interceptor/continental GT owners from jaipur, rajasthan here? I have bought a GT recently and i would love to join a group or a WhatsApp group of fellow interceptor/gt owners
Old 21st July 2019, 13:28   #983
BHPian

I test rode the Interceptor a couple of week's back and agree that the foot peg positioning, pillion seat comfort and the handle bar need some sort of re thinking or upgrade post delivery.

What are the solutions to these that different people have tried? I see that IndiMotard has a few upgrades but spending 20k on the bike right after delivery sounds a little too much.

Handle Bar: The positioning is a little too off for my liking. I have seen people talk of risers and swapping handle bars or even inverting them. First hand experiences?

Foot Pegs: May just get used to it unless there is an easy fix.

Rear Seat Comfort: How is the RE touring seat?

All feedback is welcome before I plonk my money on this.
Old 21st July 2019, 21:53   #984
Distinguished - BHPian

This blacked out version of the Interceptor looks very nice indeed. It has a subtle Spiderman theme, though that isnt very visible in the photograph. I wouldnt be surprised if Royal Enfield launches a similar version of the Interceptor a few years from now, along the lines of the Stealth edition.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-20190720_150031.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 09:55   #985
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to fit heel and toe shifter like that of thunderbird or classic on the interceptor?
Old 22nd July 2019, 10:47   #986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Is it possible to fit heel and toe shifter like that of thunderbird or classic on the interceptor?
Technically it might be possible, however rider triangle / riding ergonomics would change. Please check if it suits your riding posture on interceptor. I would still suggest getting used to single peg toe shifter.
Typically, heel-toe shifter is limited to commuter segment where gear shifter is almost at right angle to the leg.