Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 18:22   #571
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Got mine from North Delhi Motorcycles last evening.
4.01 lakh on-road for Astral Blue before zero dep, essential kit etc.
4 accessories added as well
Congratulations Brother.
4.01 lakhs on-road is the first one to get at this price I suppose.

Had you done your booking at RiderMania held in Goa ? As my dealership has also delivered a few bookings that were done at RiderMania.

Would be great if you could share the break-up here too.
Old 16th February 2023, 19:31   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
4.01 lakh on-road for Astral Blue before zero dep, essential kit etc.
4 accessories added as well
Congratulations! Your trip to the snow mountains was great

Accessories:
1. Bar end mirrors
2. Bash plate
3. Touring foot pegs
4. LED indicators?

I see you removed the saree guard as well. A compact engine guard would complete the minimalist look!

Happy cruising,
surjaonwheelz
Old 18th February 2023, 16:04   #573
BHPian

Test drove both Interceptor and Super meteor back to back at Bolt motorcycles, Hyderabad. Am looking for a highway tourer and city commuter, parallel twin 650cc and budget under 5L. Must have tubeless tyres.

Was considering Int650 with recent rumours of an update with alloy wheels and tubeless tyres. I had stayed away from upgrading to Int650 in the past year since I sold my Duke 390 cause of spoke tube tyres and my miserable experience fixing a puncture when I owned the Himalayan previously.

Interceptor 650:
Vehicle had 18k kilometres on the odo. The handlebar position was not very comfortable for me. My hands were stiff, locked in and extended. Figured this would be uncomfortable for me on long rides unless I made changes in handlebar position or added extenders. I kept brushing my legs against the mid position foot pegs when standing. Gear shift was clunky, was hard to find neutral. Brilliant engine, just as everyone noted.

Super meteor 650:
Brand new bike with just 30 kms on the odo. Very comfortable riding position, I am 5’10 and 72kgs. Did not feel like a heavy bike at all, hides its weight well. Easy to manoeuvre in traffic and taking turns. Wonderful exhaust note, nice sounding deep bass note. Smooth engine, gear shifts are smooth, clutch was easy to pull. Brakes might need more run in, feedback and pull on rear brake right foot peg wasn’t right

Overall I felt Super meteor was an upgrade over Int650 in terms of build quality and engine refinement. Coming from Himalayan and Duke 390, and considering the above two 650cc parallel twin bikes for a highway relaxed tourer and city commuter, the super meteor ticked my requirements.

Now the negatives though not dealbreakers. The tourer variant colour choices are either red or blue and dual tone. Personally both appear flashy to me and not in a good way. The base variant in black looks best to me. Wish tripper navigation came as optional and its a lost opportunity to reduce the base variant price further.

Had booked the Astral black variant in first week of Feb without a test drive but after checking out the display vehicle, expected delivery date in RE app is late April, hoping the bike gets delivered sooner.

Last edited by trishul : 18th February 2023 at 16:06. Reason: Typo
trishul is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 23:53   #574
BHPian

Booked the super meteor on the day of launch on 16th Jan and got my bike delivered today, i already own an interceptor 650 and the quality on the super meteor is really great compared to the interceptor, have to get used to the front foot pegs, all in all a great bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img20230218wa0008.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img20230218wa0014.jpg  

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img20230218wa0010.jpg  

865interceptor is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 06:36   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 865interceptor View Post
Booked the super meteor on the day of launch on 16th Jan and got my bike delivered today, i already own an interceptor 650 and the quality on the super meteor is really great compared to the interceptor, have to get used to the front foot pegs, all in all a great bike.
Congratulations on your new ride and wish you many happy miles on it .

Any thoughts to share your dealership experience, OTR price etc.,
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 09:20   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations 865interceptor on your ride!!

I also took my test ride yesterday and I was happy that is surpassed all my expectations! Drove it around on all kinds of traffic and turns - and this baby handled it all with ease! Could not feel the extra weight while taking u-turns in traffic, nor in slow moving traffic. Seat was very comfortable, front leg positioning very well placed for my height (5'10"). Now waiting for my interstellar grey delivery. Though I booked during rider mania - still waiting for any confirmation/update from dealer/RE. App does not show any updates - if someone from RE is watching this thread, please DM me. I was hoping that bookings will be honored based on FIFO logic.
Prashant_BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 11:16   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
Congratulations on your new ride and wish you many happy miles on it .

Any thoughts to share your dealership experience, OTR price etc.,
Hey, thank you, i bought the motorcycle from Jayashree Automotive Hyderabad, all was good, paper work took some time, delivery experience was really good, my bike was the 2nd one to be delivered from this store, my Astral blue costed me 4,21,385/- on road with nil dip and 5 years plus crash guard plus 2nd and 3rd year RSA and extended warranty, but crash guard was not fitted due to unavailability of stock, they said they will be getting the accessories in the next week.

Last edited by 865interceptor : 19th February 2023 at 11:36. Reason: Forgot to mention few things
865interceptor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 14:48   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, thank you, i bought the motorcycle from Jayashree Automotive Hyderabad, all was good, paper work took some time, delivery experience was really good, my bike was the 2nd one to be delivered from this store, my Astral blue costed me 4,21,385/- on road with nil dip and 5 years plus crash guard plus 2nd and 3rd year RSA and extended warranty, but crash guard was not fitted due to unavailability of stock, they said they will be getting the accessories in the next week.
Congratulations!!! Also get the sumpgaurd to protect the under belly. Nice colour and I have booked the same colour and patiently waiting for mine. Surprisingly Chennai brand showroom doesn’t have test ride vehicle yet. No proper response on when they will start.
diwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 09:43   #579
BHPian

Do we have any update of test rides or delivery started in Bangalore?
Old 21st February 2023, 09:59   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats mate.I have commented earlier,the astral blue is the best looking one.You are among the first outside RM pre bookings to get the delivery.
Mine has been ready at the dealership for more than a week(RM pre booking) but the Kerala RTO rules doesn't permit the bike to roll outside without the permanent number plate which might get sorted today

Last edited by febz : 21st February 2023 at 10:00.
febz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 16:41   #581
BHPian

Had visited the dealership in my city.

Below is the price list
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-price-list.jpg

Two helmets with model branding
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-helmet1.jpg

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-helmet2.jpg
And keychains with branding
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-keychain1.jpg

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-keychain2.jpg

Test rides to started today. Did not get to test ride one today as there were quite some customers in queue.
Will try it soon .
PistonCrown is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 20:27   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Do we have any update of test rides or delivery started in Bangalore?
Was told by the folks at one of the dealerships that it’ll start this or next week. They’d mentioned ‘last week of Feb’. The RTO approval is what is taking longer, is what was mentioned. I assume that deliveries too will start as soon as the RTO approval has been done.

I’m itching to get my hands on the bike and do a good test ride of the bike. The quality of the parts have definitely improved compared to their other offerings. Reviews from other cities mention it’s not bad in city traffic. Hoping our infamous Bangalore traffic jams and bad roads don’t diminish the enjoyment of this bike too much!
kaushalswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 22:57   #583
BHPian

I happened to download the super meteor 650 manual from Royal Enfield site.
Just to find something unusual in run-in period.
It says not to exceed 4000rpm at the initial 500kms.
And 6000rpm at between 501-2000kms run.

Where have they made a provision for the rider to observe these RPM?

New owners, could you guys please confirm if it’s shown the same in your hard copy as below.

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-88641e9a91844f1e98490a64ee7440de.png

Last edited by PistonCrown : 21st February 2023 at 23:07.
PistonCrown is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 23:40   #584
BHPian

Fellow BHPians,
Got the delivery today evening after 94 days wait since the pre-booking at RM.
First visual impression:Its gorgeous with a hefty road presence.
First ride impression: Had 15-20Kms ride in the city traffic and my concerns on city maneuverability (which I addressed earlier in the thread) has vanished into thin air.
Cant wait to finish the run in process and get her into the high mode.
Will keep you posted.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-img_20230221_231842.jpg  

febz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 00:02   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonCrown View Post
I happened to download the super meteor 650 manual from Royal Enfield site.
Just to find something unusual in run-in period.
It says not to exceed 4000rpm at the initial 500kms.
And 6000rpm at between 501-2000kms run.

Where have they made a provision for the rider to observe these RPM?

New owners, could you guys please confirm if it’s shown the same in your hard copy as below.

Attachment 2421152
The hard copy is just a small booklet with a qr code link to the 125 paged one.Its says the same that you have mentioned but I am planning to follow the gear shift speeds from the 650 twins run in chart(attached)

Link to the full manual:
https://www.royalenfield.com/node/as...nersManual.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-hereshowyoushoulddorunninginonroyalenfield650twinse1552107940448-1.jpg  

febz is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks