Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2018, 08:27   #3181
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Has anyone enabled Android Auto and ORVM close/open on locking/unlocking the car ?

I forget to shut them manually each time, so I've to unlock--->ignition-->and then shut the RVM. I'd love to enable auto shut/open if there's a way to do so with VCDS.

I read Apple car play can be enabled with RCD 510, but couldn't find anything on android auto. Any options without swapping HU ?
You may upgrade to a R340G HU ordered from Ali Express or Guy in Delhi. It is a one to one fit. Look up the Polo/Vento RCD 330G thread for more info...
Old 15th October 2018, 10:58   #3182
BHPian

Sent my 2014 Jetta TDI for the annual service.
The car has covered 43 k . Service advisor was inclining towards timing belt change but since the car has not covered 60 k , he said that they could wait. Does the 2.0 TDI warrant a belt change at 60k? I was under the impression that the belt change usually occurs at 90k.
Any pointers?
Old 15th October 2018, 11:26   #3183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Sent my 2014 Jetta TDI for the annual service.
The car has covered 43 k . Service advisor was inclining towards timing belt change but since the car has not covered 60 k , he said that they could wait. Does the 2.0 TDI warrant a belt change at 60k? I was under the impression that the belt change usually occurs at 90k.
Any pointers?
Timing belt change is recommended at 120k. In fact in US, the timing belt change is needed at 130k miles. See images below:

VW India
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-vw-maintenance-schedule.jpg

Jetta US
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-capture.jpg

Last edited by Immix : 15th October 2018 at 11:29.
Immix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 14:03   #3184
BHPian

What’s “ Poly V Belt”?
It commands replacement at 60 K
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-9ab48b670f6648a8936a3dc5f58ddf1f.jpeg  

Old 15th October 2018, 15:19   #3185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What’s “ Poly V Belt”?
It commands replacement at 60 K
The belt which drives the alternator and the AC compressor.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 15:58   #3186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The belt which drives the alternator and the AC compressor.
My polo is on 75k currently & was advised to replace this belt which I denied as I was not sure whether it really needed a replacement.

Is it mandatory/safe to get this belt replaced as per the schedule or will there be any excessive wear symptoms that will crop up?
Old 16th October 2018, 09:39   #3187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
My polo is on 75k currently & was advised to replace this belt which I denied as I was not sure whether it really needed a replacement.

Is it mandatory/safe to get this belt replaced as per the schedule or will there be any excessive wear symptoms that will crop up?
It is safer to change things as per schedule specially if your car is under warranty. Another thing it costs 1500 including labor, which is not that much worth the risk of not changing. VW ahmedabad guys change this in my jetta without informing me actually but i was happy that it didnt make a hole in pocket.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 10:34   #3188
BHPian

Quote:
Service advisor was inclining towards timing belt change but since the car has not covered 60 k , he said that they could wait. Does the 2.0 TDI warrant a belt change at 60k?
Any pointers?
What is the Sales adviser quoting for the Timing belt change including the labor charges?

I do not reckon anyone changing timing belt before 1L KMs. Even Redline6800 is in due for his timing belt change for his 2013 HL. He crossed 1L a few days ago. Here (A pre-worshipped VW Jetta joins the family)

This is not something like clutch or brake pads whose wear and tear depends on one's driving style.

I am doing a 76K + on Odo on my CL and they did not insist this change.

I could be wrong; if it really necessary then go for it because we do not want to be stranded on a highway and regret for not getting this right at the first place.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 10:39   #3189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Another thing it costs 1500 including labor, which is not that much worth the risk of not changing.
My advisor quoted me 30k for the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangam_mm93 View Post
I called the dealership ,and asked about the charges again.
The senior advisor quoted 8 k for the poly v belt and 22 k for the timing belt with labor.
He also mentioned that they can defer the belt change( poly v) till next service since they have inspected the belt and it’s in good nick.
He mentioned that the timing belt would require change between 90k and 120k.

Afterwards I called the service advisor who was allotted my car , he is now quoting Rs1000-1500 for the belt change.

It’s so weird that service advisors under one roof are themselves confused regarding the price!
Had I been told Rs 1500 instead of Rs30 k I would have insisted on getting it done yesterday only.
Now planning to send the car again

Lesson learnt: always read TBhp ownership threads before going to the dealer.

Last edited by navin : 16th October 2018 at 11:31.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 10:49   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
My advisor quoted me 30k for the same!
Not sure if its the same belt. But check my service invoice in below ownership thread. If i remember correctly this is the belt that is for alternator. Another more expensive one is the timing belt and kit, which is usually changed over 100,000 kms. Your SA must have added a zero or he smokes some serious stuff.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...endline-3.html
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 00:59   #3191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I started getting it serviced at Shibin's. Have been keeping a look for oil consumption after getting the remap done. Some online forums do say it's ok. Just thought I would check with others here. Thanks for your reply.
I honestly started reading this thread since 26th of September 2018. Ever since I have been reading each and every post of this thread. It took me today number of days to reach this page.

Went through all stuffs such as infamous battery, fog accumulation on lamps, face-lifts, tire change, suspension mods, ICE mods and what not

It's been pleasure to see that in approximately 7 years of The MKVI Jetta, I could learn it has only few issues (but repeated ones though)

And Shivasuma, sorry for a noob question again. What does at Shibin's place mean? Is the an FNG you visit now? If yes can you please tell me your experience there or give me a link where I can read about?

I tried Googling but I found all mismatching results.

Can you please shed some light?

Also, I had been to VW Whitefield at Mahadevpura. Didn't get any good vibes for getting a regular check up. All the reviews of all ASSs I read on Google have just made it more complex to choose one.

My friend takes her Polo to VW Whitefield and she's happy, when I asked why, she says because that's the only VW nearby.

I wanted to know which one the least evil of all VW ASS in Bangalore.

Also, I have so much to do on the body front. I have minor scratches that I can wrap (or should I just do some nice sticker Job? Not ricer type though.)

I also accidentally scraped my right Kerb
Exactly like someone's car here scraped by a Valet. IIRC he was quoted 60k for the unit.

I don't see any problems now, but wanted to start somewhere and stick to one ASS after y'all suggest one.

PS - Sorry for the long post.
Old 21st October 2018, 06:56   #3192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangam_mm93 View Post

I wanted to know which one the least evil of all VW ASS in Bangalore.

I don't see any problems now, but wanted to start somewhere and stick to one ASS after y'all suggest one.

PS - Sorry for the long post.
My earlier experience with VW mahadevpura was bad. In one such service the engine oil was not emptied before adding new oil, leading to overfill by nearly a liter. Fortunately, when I checked the same and questioned them, the response was shocking and informed that their would be no issues and even service advisor was defending mechanic. I was frustrated and asked them to empty and refill. That was the last visit around 6 years back.

Now I'm with VW palace cross.
I rate both Rajajinagar and Hessara ghata service station high. Never had an issue of under service or over charge, except last month at Hessara ghata branch they changed the break pads for my Jetta, which still had more than 50% life, I approved the change on phone, as SA adviced me that it had almost at the end of life. When I brought it to the notice of service manager he agreed and apologized for the same.

Last edited by manjubp : 21st October 2018 at 07:01.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 19:12   #3193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burjiis View Post
I had the same problem a while ago. Got the struts lubricated and the noise/ jerk went away. At 70K, there is very little chance that your steering rack has given way. They generally last the life of the car.

You won't believe what the issue was.

The tyres! that's all. I got it checked at am FNG, and after 15 mins of R&D it was confirmed because of the hard tyres and floor combo at my parking slot.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 00:03   #3194
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have the service booklet for the new Jetta ? I want to know what all stuff is to be done in 3rd year service.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 13:22   #3195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Does anyone have the service booklet for the new Jetta ? I want to know what all stuff is to be done in 3rd year service.
Here you go:

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/content...ons-option.pdf

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks