Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2013, 16:52   #1186
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironager View Post
That button just switches off the Traction Control ESP cannot be switched off.
Please refer http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-36.html Vid6639 says
Quote:
There is an ESP switch in the centre console below the AC vents. The way to switch it off is not to just press it but to keep it pressed for a long while like 10secs. This is done so you don't accidentally switch it off by a single press. Hence a long press is required.
Old 28th September 2013, 18:22   #1187
BHPian

Jot got the VIN details of my pocket rocket from the dealership. In all probability, it will be delivered next week

I am confused if VW is offering extended warranty or not. I read somewhere that they are but dealership is saying otherwise. Can anyone please confirm ?
Old 28th September 2013, 19:22   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
Jot got the VIN details of my pocket rocket from the dealership. In all probability, it will be delivered next week

I am confused if VW is offering extended warranty or not. I read somewhere that they are but dealership is saying otherwise. Can anyone please confirm ?
I asked the sales guy at VW Bangalore and he said no extended warranty on Polo Tsi or even the GT TDi. I just cannot understand why VW does not offer extended warranty on some of their cars. Jetta doesn't have it either and that was one reason why I did not opt for the DSG. High time VW showed some confidence in their products.
Old 28th September 2013, 20:30   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Even the VW Whitefield dealer said the same(i.e No extended warranty on Polo GT TSi and Polo GT TDi)
Old 28th September 2013, 22:29   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Volkswagens electronic stability program includes Anti Lock braking System, electronic differential lock and traction control system, cylinder deactivation
The button you are referring to will only disable Traction Control and not the other components incorporated in the electronic stability programme.
ironager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 22:48   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
Volkswagens electronic stability program includes Anti Lock braking System, electronic differential lock and traction control system, cylinder deactivation
The button you are referring to will only disable Traction Control and not the other components incorporated in the electronic stability programme.
The Polo GT does not have EDL and cylinder deactivation. I think you are referring to some European website, hence the confusion. It's also possible that the owners manual talks about some features which the Indian polo might not have. But yes, the ESP button switches only the traction control off and not ABS.

Last edited by Suraj25 : 28th September 2013 at 22:54.
Old 28th September 2013, 23:12   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post

The Polo GT does not have EDL and cylinder deactivation. I think you are referring to some European website, hence the confusion. It's also possible that the owners manual talks about some features which the Indian polo might not have. But yes, the ESP button switches only the traction control off and not ABS.
Yes. The EA111 in the polo doesnt have cylinder deactivation, but the EA211 1.2TSi in the MQB based cars do. Only engine in the polo which has cyl deactivation is in the 1.4TSi Green Line sold in europe.
Old 29th September 2013, 06:31   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I asked the sales guy at VW Bangalore and he said no extended warranty on Polo Tsi or even the GT TDi. I just cannot understand why VW does not offer extended warranty on some of their cars. Jetta doesn't have it either and that was one reason why I did not opt for the DSG. High time VW showed some confidence in their products.
The SA had told me that they will give me extended warranty. Now they are saying VW is not offering one. GT TSI's brochure also mentions extended warranty.
If anyone has got it, request him to kindly scan the receipt. I will show dealership the proof and get it.
Old 29th September 2013, 16:46   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
I exchanged the stock Apollo tyres size- 185s with Michelins size- 195. It cost me Rs 11,000 for the exchange.
Hi ironager,
I am also planning to change the tires of Polo TSi
- Which Michelin tyre did you put(PLC/Energy XM2/P3ST)?
- Was this Rs. 11,000 for set of 5 tyres(or for 4)?
Appreciate your answers.
Old 29th September 2013, 19:48   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Hi ironager,
I am also planning to change the tires of Polo TSi
- Which Michelin tyre did you put(PLC/Energy XM2/P3ST)?
- Was this Rs. 11,000 for set of 5 tyres(or for 4)?
Appreciate your answers.
I think they are Michelin Primacy 195`s and the cost breakup was Rs 11000 for a set of 4 Michelins in exchange for the Stock apollos. Still have the Stock apollo as a spare.

Congrats on your new ride
ironager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 19:52   #1196
BHPian

has any member on the forum purchased the new GT TDI yet?

Would be interesting to know the differences etc in terms of specs & performance 0-100 times.

does anyone know the 0-100 time of the VW Vento? the GT would be quicker due to weight difference.
Old 29th September 2013, 21:21   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
has any member on the forum purchased the new GT TDI yet? Would be interesting to know the differences etc in terms of specs & performance 0-100 times. does anyone know the 0-100 time of the VW Vento? the GT would be quicker due to weight difference.
1. Polo HL Diesel : 1145 Kg
2. Vento HL Diesel : 1220 Kg Difference = 75 Kg

Don't know if there will be much of a difference. Plus if it's true that the car has hill hold then the additional weight of the equipment would make the difference negligible. The difference won't be much but the polo would be fun because of the shorter wheelbase.

Ps: I don't have a gt tdi but have a vento.

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 29th September 2013 at 21:23.
Old 30th September 2013, 16:35   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Update on the waiting saga
Called them today and got a shocking reply saying month end is over. It has not been billed and can only happen next month now . Don't know what VW and its dealers are upto !!
Update on the waiting saga:
I had booked the Polo GT TSi on 14-Sep(in VW Whitefield). Called them today, according to the SA I would be getting the vehicle in November. There are around 12 bookings ahead of me(only in VW Whitefield). I am hoping that many people would shift to GT TDi, and I would get my TSi quicker.
Old 2nd October 2013, 09:00   #1199
BHPian

I had contacted Volkswagen India regarding extended warranty and got the following reply:
=============================================
Dear Mr. Khurana,

Greetings from Volkswagen Passenger Cars, India!!

This refers to your following email and query regarding extended warranty for the Polo GT TSI.

We would like to inform you that pricing for the extended warranty for the Polo GT TSI has not yet been released . The same should be available for customers, post 2nd week of October and may be purchased any time before 23 months from date of your vehicle invoicing.

Regarding the information available on our E and print brochures, we would like to draw your attention to the clause *Conditions apply.

Currently extended warranty is only available for the regular Polo and the Vento cars.

This is for your information please and we look for your understanding regarding the same.

Kind Regards,

Customer Care
Sales
Volkswagen Passenger Cars, India
sahilkhurana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 23:47   #1200
BHPian

GT TDI Review by Autocar

http://www.hindustantimes.com/autos/...1-1129515.aspx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com