Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2015, 01:51   #3136

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Still no sign of my Polo TSI booked almost a month ago and I am craving for my Volkswagen more after returning on a work trip from Germany last week Anyone else has got the new upgraded TSI in South India ?
Old 13th September 2015, 10:56   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
I too am trying to source the steering wheel. Could you post /pm the sellers link and cost. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats drpudhi on the swap and looks fab man

I have been contemplating of swapping the wheel on my GT as well, but I would not want the one with Paddles, since mine is a 1.6 TDi.

So, can you help me with these:

- Can you please check with the dealer if there is a similar one available without the paddles for a MT gearbox?

- Please check what will be the cost for the above mentioned.

Sorry for the trouble and really appreciate your time buddy.
I got it from the seller vwrtuning. He is based in mexico and have listed his items in ebay.com. He seemed pretty good and knowledgeable. He does have the one without paddles listed too. You could directly PM him through ebay and he is really quick to respond.

Here is a link for my steering. Though it had ended you can contact the seller for details.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221844200779...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited by drpudhi : 13th September 2015 at 11:02.
drpudhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 11:06   #3138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
I got it from the seller vwrtuning.
Hi,

I was searching for the same and saw same product listed by one more seller.There was significant difference in price and shipping between your seller and the other one. How many days did it take to deliver the product and was custom duty charged on this?

Regards.
Old 13th September 2015, 11:24   #3139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

I was searching for the same and saw same product listed by one more seller.There was significant difference in price and shipping between your seller and the other one. How many days did it take to deliver the product and was custom duty charged on this?

Regards.
When i was looking for it, there was only one seller that had listed this. Competition is good right ? you can PM him and negotiate the price and opt for the best deal between the two. I preferred fedex. Though it is very costly, it ensured peace of mind and got it delivered in 10 days including the customs delay and two weekends that fell in between. Have PMed you the details.

Last edited by drpudhi : 13th September 2015 at 11:27.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 21:32   #3140
BHPian

Hi guys,

I wanted to get an armrest and a dead pedal installed. Autopsyche @ Gurgaon is quoting 16k. Is that price ok or on the higher side?

He's also quoting 6k to get the alloys painted. Any thoughts on that?

Cheers
Old 14th September 2015, 10:03   #3141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9567 View Post
Hi guys,

I wanted to get an armrest and a dead pedal installed. Autopsyche @ Gurgaon is quoting 16k. Is that price ok or on the higher side? ..

Cheers
I recently got a dead pedal fitted by VW Palace cross, Bangalore for Rs.1600 (Pedal & it's cover cost) + Rs.400 (Labor).

So please check with your VW ASC first. However you need to look outside for armrest.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 11:49   #3142

Re: DSG Rattles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi Pramod,

I checked with SA and he quoted 20k each for alloys available with highline. It does not make sense to pay so much for these alloys even if these are manufactured in Poland. Alloys from reputed brands such as MOMO are available for 30k(set of 4).

The only reason I am looking for alloy wheel is to up size tyres to 205 section. I believe steel rim is too narrow for these tyres.

Regards.
You can get the VW Lakeside alloys for 33K for the complete set (Lakeside was on the last yrs vento)
Old 14th September 2015, 20:57   #3143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9567 View Post
Hi guys,

I wanted to get an armrest and a dead pedal installed. Autopsyche @ Gurgaon is quoting 16k. Is that price ok or on the higher side?

He's also quoting 6k to get the alloys painted. Any thoughts on that?

Cheers
That's costly mate. The oem arm rest costs less than 10k. Contact the below link.
https://www.facebook.com/jjmotorwerk...5315699862058/

or you can get it even cheaper from aliexpress.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 22:00   #3144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I recently got a dead pedal fitted by VW Palace cross, Bangalore for Rs.1600 (Pedal & it's cover cost) + Rs.400 (Labor).

So please check with your VW ASC first. However you need to look outside for armrest.
Thanks a lot. Will check it out

Quote:
That's costly mate. The oem arm rest costs less than 10k. Contact the below link.
https://www.facebook.com/jjmotorwerk...5315699862058/
Thanks. Will message them. Uncool of Autopsyche to quote such high prices.
Old 15th September 2015, 10:00   #3145
BHPian

Quote:
I got it from the seller vwrtuning. He is based in mexico and have listed his items in ebay.com. He seemed pretty good and knowledgeable. He does have the one without paddles listed too. You could directly PM him through ebay and he is really quick to respond.

Here is a link for my steering. Though it had ended you can contact the seller for details.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221844200779...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
In the link it says it comes with the airbag, can you please confirm this?
Old 15th September 2015, 14:15   #3146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Yes it comes with airbag. Without airbag pic would have no horn pad. Also, without airbag is much cheaper, maybe down to ~25k. However, nobody I know has tried retro-fitting existing airbag.
amanomics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 22:21   #3147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Yep. My VW fellow who swapped the wheel also confirmed it.
drpudhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 16:04   #3148
BHPian

Quote:
Yep. My VW fellow who swapped the wheel also confirmed it.
Did a VW workshop change the wheel? Did he say anything about voiding the warranty and how much did he charge?

Thanks

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th September 2015 at 16:52. Reason: Unwanted bits removed.
Old 16th September 2015, 16:46   #3149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
One of my recent 'mods' has been an utter revelation, and completely changes the character of the car - the GTI Mk 7 paddle shift steering.
Hi d_himan,

I noticed that the back-light color on your steering is white, another forum member has posted picture with red back-light.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3800644

Is back-light color on steering wheel configurable?

Regards.
Old 16th September 2015, 23:34   #3150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinchavan View Post
After about 2-3 months of owning the GT TSI and experiencing the driving pleasure, it decided to please me with its other side - frugality (well, efficiency at least!). I
========
It's always good to feel related to the vehicle you drive and this is one aspect of it!
On my second test drive of Polo TSI, I had specifically asked the dealer to arrange for a 15-20 km drive. I reset the MID at the start of the drive and got 16.9 kmpl without even trying to do a milage run. It was a mix of highway driving at about 80 kmph for about 15-20 km and another 5 km of flowing city traffic with no traffic lights. I thought D had enough torque to do overtaking at highway speeds with just a push of the pedal. I did try S mode but its not needed on straight flat roads. I tried the Manual mode while coming down flyovers and it helped in engine braking.
For people from Pune, the ride was from Abhimanashree Soc on Pashan Road - Sus Road - NH4 - 1km ahead of Ravet junction and back. This was on a usual working weekday with moderate free flowing traffic on NH4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autovarun View Post
Still no sign of my Polo TSI booked almost a month ago and I am craving for my Volkswagen more after returning on a work trip from Germany last week Anyone else has got the new upgraded TSI in South India ?
Me too. I am from Pune and expected the shipping to be faster.
Well the dealer did have a old model in stock, but I decided to go for the updated 2015 model. I just thought its better to buy the latest version. Honestly, I am not sure if Cruise Control can help on the expressway. Lets see. The thing I really wanted was blinkers on ORVMs, this was something that should have come as standarnd on GT back in 2013 itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks