Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2015, 17:01   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Has anyone put the gloss black wrap on the roof? I am considering this for two reasons - I park the car outside. So all dust and tree saplings etc fall on roof. Cleaning can scratch the roof. If I put the wrap/ film on roof it will not affect the roof paint or surface. And for aesthetic reasons with the existing sun roof, this should not be an eyesore.

But I am unsure if its even possible due to ribbed roof lines. Any suggestions/ ideas?
Old 17th August 2015, 18:39   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayon View Post
Hi Ritesh. I got the stick alloys painted. The colour is gunmetal grey. The same as fortuner. I had vacillated between matt black, metallic black and gun metal grey. But in the end went with this

Can you put up a zoomed pic of the tires and like abirnale has just posted are you planning to paint the roof black to match the wheels. Absolutely fantastic your tires IMO . Is there a paint specification / company of the paint manufacturer.
Old 17th August 2015, 18:49   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Has anyone put the gloss black wrap on the roof? I am considering this for two reasons - I park the car outside. So all dust and tree saplings etc fall on roof. Cleaning can scratch the roof. If I put the wrap/ film on roof it will not affect the roof paint or surface. And for aesthetic reasons with the existing sun roof, this should not be an eyesore.

But I am unsure if its even possible due to ribbed roof lines. Any suggestions/ ideas?
Check this out Avinash, 3M gloss wrap on the roof for a Hyundai Creta with ribbed roof lines. I am not sure though how it looks on your car, probably a photoshop can help you visualize.

3M Glossy wrap for the roof

-Image Courtesy - BNM's Hyundai Creta Automatic Ownership Review
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 18:59   #469
BHPian

Dear ALL,

Took delivery of my White W10 AWD on August 1st and it has covered around 1400 KMS so far. Never had a chance to drive on highways yet.

The car is performing good so far except few niggles.

1. Middle Row seat rattling within two days of delivery. Dealer was very helpful and they have replaced the seat when I complained and issue was fixed.

2. There is a rattling noise from the left front door window. Needs to sort this out in first service.

3. Infotainment system hung twice while reverse camera was On. It rebooted automatically. This has happened in first week of ownership but didn't happen in last one week.

4. The infotainment has a mind of its own. It plays from random albums after the car has been switched off and switched on and also it is a pain to scroll through albums. A simple feature like folder browsing would have been helpful. My earlier car SX4 had this feature and was much easy to use.

5. Gear shift quality is poor and sometimes it fails to slot into first gear. I had to wrestle sometimes.

The overall Build quality is miles far from being perfect but this car is a VFM package. I am getting fuel efficiency of around 11 KM/L so far. Hope this improves in future.

I will update more as I clock more miles.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150801_155351.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150801_155421.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150801_155434.jpg  

S5157 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 19:39   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Dear ALL,

Took delivery of my White W10 AWD on August 1st and it has covered around 1400 KMS so far. Never had a chance to drive on highways yet.

The car is performing good so far except few niggles.

1. Middle Row seat rattling within two days of delivery. Dealer was very helpful and they have replaced the seat when I complained and issue was fixed.

2. There is a rattling noise from the left front door window. Needs to sort this out in first service.

3. Infotainment system hung twice while reverse camera was On. It rebooted automatically. This has happened in first week of ownership but didn't happen in last one week.

4. The infotainment has a mind of its own. It plays from random albums after the car has been switched off and switched on and also it is a pain to scroll through albums. A simple feature like folder browsing would have been helpful. My earlier car SX4 had this feature and was much easy to use.

5. Gear shift quality is poor and sometimes it fails to slot into first gear. I had to wrestle sometimes.

The overall Build quality is miles far from being perfect but this car is a VFM package. I am getting fuel efficiency of around 11 KM/L so far. Hope this improves in future.

I will update more as I clock more miles.
Heartiest congratulations on your new cheetah. I'm absolutely loving the white now . You chose the best combination of w10 with the awd. I say best because that exactly the one I'm planning.Do update on the use of the awd if / when used. My earlier car was an sx4 too so I can totally understand The comparison. What are further differences between both the vehicles.Do put up some information about accessories as well.

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 17th August 2015 at 19:47. Reason: Update
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 19:43   #471

I have used innova for 7 years and am extremely satisfied with the performance. Now I want to replace it, Am confused between innova vx and xuv w10. The features of xuv are the biggest attraction. I Want to know xuv vs innova on following parameters -

1) reliability - worry free performance year after year
2) comfort - ride quality, body roll
3) drivability in city
4) maintenance cost
5) resale value

Further, I have heard that xuv starts rattling pretty soon, is it true?
Old 17th August 2015, 21:18   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Heartiest congratulations on your new cheetah. I'm absolutely loving the white now . You chose the best combination of w10 with the awd. I say best because that exactly the one I'm planning.Do update on the use of the awd if / when used. My earlier car was an sx4 too so I can totally understand The comparison. What are further differences between both the vehicles.Do put up some information about accessories as well.
Dear Vinitbhavi,

Thank you for the wishes. It seems lot of SX4 owners have now moved to XUV. Both are extremely practical cars. My 2010 SX4 ZXI had done 130,000 KMS in five years and was absolutely trouble free. I hope XUV too would be troublefree atleast mechanically. I do Kerala-Bangalore-Kerala solo drives every month for official purpose and SX4 was a trustworthy companion. Moreover XUV is my first diesel vehicle and all the other cars in my last 13 Years or 3,00,000 KMS of motoring was petrol ones.

I have a broken back and I am extremely sensitive to the cars I drive. Luckily my body has got used to XUV and I am relieved that I can enjoy it more without worries.

I have not used AWD so far, except for few 100 meters to give some workout to rear differential.I am waiting for initial 2000 Kms to be over to do some trail explorations. There are several trails in my area where we can enjoy AWD. I will post more details on it later once I use it.

I am planning to get the fluids changed after 2000 KMS and dont want to wait till the first service of 5000KMS. I may sound paranoid but it provides somewhat peace of mind and give rest to thoughts of metal particles floating around.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 21:21   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post

I had this problem in my W10 also once.

Quote:
I have not faced this problem of random playback of songs. I play songs from USB stick (16 GB one) and it just plays from where it was stopped. Also, you can browse through the directory to play songs particular directory. You need to scroll down to the last option on the left pane of the category selection.

Quote:
I also have problem in engaging to 1st gear sometimes. I have to switch to 2nd gear and move or engage to reverse gear once, move to first gear subsequently. Having said, gear shifts across all other gears are pretty smooth - especially upshifting from 2nd till 5th and back. Its a pleasure to change the gear using fingers.

Last edited by Indian : 17th August 2015 at 21:25. Reason: added extra information about gear change
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 21:28   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
I had this problem in my W10 also once.
So it seems to be a common problem. Hope Mahindra makes some fix.

Quote:
I have not faced this problem of random playback of songs. I play songs from USB stick (16 GB one) and it just plays from where it was stopped. Also, you can browse through the directory to play songs particular directory. You need to scroll down to the last option on the left pane of the category selection.
Many thanks for that tip. I never knew that this option exists. Hope there is some option to change the radio channels from the steering mounted controls. It would be great if Mahindra program the buttons on steering to change stations instead of changing the frequency by 100 Mhz per stroke.

Quote:
I also have problem in engaging to 1st gear sometimes. I have to switch to 2nd gear and move or engage to reverse gear once, move to first gear subsequently.
I think we will have to live with this. I do not service center guys to touch clutch or gearbox to make things worse.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 21:40   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshitizag View Post
I have used innova for 7 years and am extremely satisfied with the performance. Now I want to replace it, Am confused between innova vx and xuv w10. The features of xuv are the biggest attraction. I Want to know xuv vs innova on following parameters -

1) reliability - worry free performance year after year
2) comfort - ride quality, body roll
3) drivability in city
4) maintenance cost
5) resale value

Further, I have heard that xuv starts rattling pretty soon, is it true?
There are many long term ownership reports, suggest you to read each one of them. It gives a fairly decent summary of what to expect in XUV. Also go through list of all niggles posted by members and if you are OK to live with those small issues in favour of a powerful engine combined with great handling and ofcourse all those bells and whistles, you can go with XUV. Otherwise you have a known devil at your service.

I personally feel the ride quality has improved in the new age facelift version of XUV, but still may not be as good as in Innova.

Drivability of XUV is really good in city, with 2nd and 3rd covering a wide speed range. I've moved from sedan to XUV and absolutely don't feel any difference in drivability in city.
Old 18th August 2015, 02:06   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone please post a picture/ details of how to enter the Lat/ Long in the navigation window? A lot of POIs i am looking for are not available in the navigation menu. So I wrote a list of lat/ long on the bucket list. I wanted them to be fed in the system and store them for ready reference.

For example, in the google i found the lat/ long of a place as - 12.9323500, 77.5410010. How do I enter on the system? If i type it as-is, navigation until can't find it.
Old 18th August 2015, 07:04   #477
BHPian

• Has anyone retro-fitted a SatNav System and/ or a reverse camera with screen in the W4 variant of the XUV?
  • How difficult is it to cut and replace the single-line LCD of the W4 with a full-featured display?
  • Are there any custom-made sets available for the XUV W4/ W6 variants?
Old 18th August 2015, 07:36   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Can you put up a zoomed pic of the tires and like abirnale has just posted are you planning to paint the roof black to match the wheels. Absolutely fantastic your tires IMO . Is there a paint specification / company of the paint manufacturer.
This is the blowup of the wheel. got the job done by a professional shop in dehradun. Am not exactly aware of the paint specification but had specified it to be durable, scratch & heat resistant.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150724_172737.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20150724_172728.jpg  

ayon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 08:50   #479
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
For example, in the google i found the lat/ long of a place as - 12.9323500, 77.5410010. How do I enter on the system?
MapMyIndia and Google Maps are diametrically opposite. In my old age XUV 500's dash navigator as well as in my stand-alone Lx130, I used to enter the longitude first, and then, the latitude. So, please enter 77.5410010 first [on the top in my dash navigator & Lx130] and then, 12.9323500 [at the bottom in my dash navigator & Lx130], and then, try.
  (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 10:34   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayon View Post
This is the blowup of the wheel. got the job done by a professional shop in dehradun. Am not exactly aware of the paint specification but had specified it to be durable, scratch & heat resistant.
Good choice of color Ayon. Goes well with white. Just a suggestion..... You can try painting the calipers yellow or red. It would be killer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks