Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2016, 12:14   #1621
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Hi e4gleeyez firstly congrats on your beast what is the variant/ color . My dealership at andheri didn't even let me take the delivery due to temporary number plates. It is the dealership responsibility to complete the registration formalities assuming you have paid them for the same. Why don't you take it up with Mahindra and explain the dealership issues. Hope your issue gets resolved soon.
Meanwhile fellow owners/ enthusiats my XUV AWD thread has gone live and is trending. DO have a look and I look forward to your comments/ suggestions

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...omes-home.html
Old 4th August 2016, 12:32   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hi e4gleeyez firstly congrats on your beast what is the variant/ color . My dealership at andheri didn't even let me take the delivery due to temporary number plates. It is the dealership responsibility to complete the registration formalities assuming you have paid them for the same. Why don't you take it up with Mahindra and explain the dealership issues. Hope your issue gets resolved soon.
[/url]
I agree here. My XUV 500 is under company lease, and though I had the option of taking delivery with temporary number plates, i waited until final registration was completed and number obtained. Note that the entire process was done by the dealer. So I would suggest that you should insist on the dealer getting the process completed. Though I would also like to caveat that if they are not charging you the registration and related handling charges, they may ask you to you to get the registration yourself at the RTO. Thinking out aloud, one of the reasons for this could be that the dealer had a fallout with the RTO chaps (the car dealers in Gurgaon atleast have strong inroads into the RTO and work on a trust basis with them).

So in summary, i think you are well within your rights to ask the dealer to get the registration and you should definitely take this up with Mahindra if the dealer is not cooperating.

Good luck!
Old 4th August 2016, 17:10   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anishr View Post
I have used Start Stop function quite frequently. What I have noticed is that if I engage the gear immediately before even vehicle has started then engine will not start. So I make sure that engine has started before I fiddle with gear lever. You can also check the same.
Thanks Anishr for replying to my query.

I'll try this, I don't remember whether I am putting gear same time I pressing the clutch. I will come back to you after checking this.

One question, as you mentioned that you use this function quite a lot, is there any difference you noticed in FE.
Old 5th August 2016, 12:06   #1624
BHPian

Guys,

Need your views. Has anyone come across these two niggles? My XUV is pretty new (April'16) and I am really irritated with these two:

1. Flickering of the ICE and all internal lights when driving at night (i.e., head lamps on) and AC on as well as music at average volume. The ICE display and the other lights like the blue and reds all flicker simultaneously as if there is some 'fluctuation' of voltage. What could be the real reason?

2. Squeaking sounds from the internal front panels - when the XUV has been in sun for a few hours and I start driving in early evening, i.e., the interiors havent got a chance to cool down, the interior front panels (somewhere behind the glove box and ICE) start making squeaking sounds whenever the car goes over speed breakers or potholes, as if they have become loose due to the heat.
Old 5th August 2016, 13:17   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Guys,

Need your views. Has anyone come across these two niggles? My XUV is pretty new (April'16) and I am really irritated with these two:

1. Flickering of the ICE and all internal lights when driving at night (i.e., head lamps on) and AC on as well as music at average volume. The ICE display and the other lights like the blue and reds all flicker simultaneously as if there is some 'fluctuation' of voltage. What could be the real reason?

2. Squeaking sounds from the internal front panels - when the XUV has been in sun for a few hours and I start driving in early evening, i.e., the interiors havent got a chance to cool down, the interior front panels (somewhere behind the glove box and ICE) start making squeaking sounds whenever the car goes over speed breakers or potholes, as if they have become loose due to the heat.
hey piyush got my beast around the same time and is a silver one as well. Haven't faced the first issue but the second one is definitely there
What I suspect. 1)Rather than voltage the electronics probably have a loose wire/connection somewhere. On the right hand console there is a brightness switch for the internal ambient lighting adjustment that may have gotten loose. Have you tried playing around with that switch.
2)The internals behind the front panels are non-metallic so the chances of 'expanding' in the sun is remote. Its most likely some panel which has broken inside/ gotten loose and coming in contact with another part making the noise due to friction. I have the same problem and the workshop advised up to 3 days for investigation. They will have to ope up and have a look.
Hope this helped
vinitbhavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 13:30   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
I agree here. My XUV 500 is under company lease, and though I had the option of taking delivery with temporary number plates, i waited until final registration was completed and number obtained. Note that the entire process was done by the dealer. So I would suggest that you should insist on the dealer getting the process completed. Though I would also like to caveat that if they are not charging you the registration and related handling charges, they may ask you to you to get the registration yourself at the RTO. Thinking out aloud, one of the reasons for this could be that the dealer had a fallout with the RTO chaps (the car dealers in Gurgaon atleast have strong inroads into the RTO and work on a trust basis with them).

So in summary, i think you are well within your rights to ask the dealer to get the registration and you should definitely take this up with Mahindra if the dealer is not cooperating.

Good luck!
Thanks Vinitbhavi and Piyush1, had completely lost it on dealer so escalated the issue to Mahindra heads and tweeted Anand Mahindra on the shody response from G3 motors Nerul and to my surprise got a response with an hour.

Mahindra guys got into action and next day visited the RTO themselves, i had the registration no in less than 48hrs and am enjoying my beast from that moment.

Vinitbhavi it's a W4 and all black with no chrome 😉 that's the way I like it.

I am more of function then cosmetics and will surely miss AWD & ESC but am happy that I could at least get the beast given the budgetery constraints and W4 is sheer value for money.

At 14.5lakhs you cant buy anything better than this.

Last edited by e4gleeyez : 7th August 2016 at 13:35.
e4gleeyez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 21:23   #1627
BANNED

Hey new age XUV owners, can you guys put up a picture of the Fuse in the car?

Want to know what type of Fuse is used. Thanks in advance.
Old 11th August 2016, 13:07   #1628
BHPian

Hi ,

I got my Sep 2013 XUV5OO W8 40k kms serviced at g3 Motors Malad West last week. I was initially told a bill estimate of Rs 16k but when the vehicle was handed over after 2 days delay was Rs 27k. I enquired with my regular dealer in Bangalore where I have got all my previous servicing done that regular 40k kms servicing would cost around Rs12k and if additional brake pads work is required it should cost additional Rs 5k. Also, the bill doesn't seem to be right in terms of the said items in the bill. I would like to help from fellow XUVians in terms of their service cost and if the attached bill seems right?

I have raised it with Mahindra and had already got few calls from Dealership saying that this is the normal cost. However, upon prodding further they were mentioning certain extra work was done. For which I have asked them to send me proper mail with what extra was done.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-xuv-5oo-w8-40k-service.jpg  

Old 11th August 2016, 13:29   #1629
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Hi ,

I got my Sep 2013 XUV5OO W8 40k kms serviced at g3 Motors Malad West last week. I was initially told a bill estimate of Rs 16k but when the vehicle was handed over after 2 days delay was Rs 27k. ....

However, upon prodding further they were mentioning certain extra work was done. For which I have asked them to send me proper mail with what extra was done.
The Machine Shop Charges Rs.9570 seem fishy. Please get details what are those for? Had you asked for any additional work to be done besides the standard service?
Old 11th August 2016, 15:28   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The Machine Shop Charges Rs.9570 seem fishy. Please get details what are those for? Had you asked for any additional work to be done besides the standard service?
Machine shop charges he says is due to technical error which is basically accounted for in below remarks section which says:

W/A W/B R/R C/P DR/S A/I D/S

which says stands for wheel alignment wheel balancing etc.

For any extra work I didn't ask for anything as XUV was doing fine. No issues as such. I am still awaiting there detailed explanation on extra work done if at all and respective cost.
Old 11th August 2016, 16:21   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Machine shop charges he says is due to technical error which is basically accounted for in below remarks section which says:

W/A W/B R/R C/P DR/S A/I D/S

which says stands for wheel alignment wheel balancing etc.

For any extra work I didn't ask for anything as XUV was doing fine. No issues as such. I am still awaiting there detailed explanation on extra work done if at all and respective cost.
I suppose they have added it in your bill, mistaking it to be some other car of the same color. Have you paid the bill? If yes, did you not check the bill amount before paying. If no, then yes you are doing the right thing by asking them for a breakup and even a bumper change would not cost that much labor.

So get it corrected and do not pay them even an extra penny. Keep us updated.
Old 11th August 2016, 16:38   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Exactly !!! I am going to the service center on Saturday to find out why the engine sound is different. I will keep all posted on this.
Hi Bala, Did you get the vehicle checked for change in sound after replacement of gearbox nut? Please update.
Old 12th August 2016, 10:21   #1633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
Hi Bala, Did you get the vehicle checked for change in sound after replacement of gearbox nut? Please update.
I should have updated here. Looks like i forgot about this.

Only got to visit the service center last Saturday. Santhosh from Sireesh Auto service center did a extensive road test and told me that an ECU update will fix it. They did this and now, its definitely lot better. Earlier, there was something holding the engine in free revving.(not sure how to describe :( ). Now, that has gone.

I am going out for a long drive today and i will post my findings on how the engine sounds now on high speeds.
Old 12th August 2016, 11:36   #1634
BHPian

Did you ask them the meaning of each of these: "W/A W/B R/R C/P DR/S A/I D/S"
The wheel alignment is already charged separately for Rs. 750.

I think you will clarity if and when they share the breakup. Hope you haven't paid them yet.
Old 12th August 2016, 16:02   #1635
BHPian

Hi, I got details on extra work done and hence the labour charges. Can someone please take a look and say if this looks fine or what exactly is the work that is not part of 40k kms service.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-screenshot_20160812154830.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks