Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2016, 14:14   #3316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Getting very similar Figures for my 1.6. Full City driving - 12.1 Kmpl
And Parts of Chennai Traffic are almost there on par with Bangalore traffic these days.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-dsc_4317_8_9_tonemapped-copy.jpg
Old 19th February 2016, 14:22   #3317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Getting very similar Figures for my 1.6. Full City driving - 12.1 Kmpl
And Parts of Chennai Traffic are almost there on par with Bangalore traffic these days.
What is the average speed figure ?
Old 19th February 2016, 14:28   #3318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
What is the average speed figure ?
MID Shows 15 kmph. But there i feel too much time is spent on idling at signals
Old 19th February 2016, 14:53   #3319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
MID Shows 15 kmph. But there i feel too much time is spent on idling at signals
Even though I am in Pune, I face the similar problem. There is just too much idling at signals. I get around 16-17 kmpl, whereas other 1.3 S-Cross owners are reporting upwards of 20 kmpl in city and some crazy figures like 27-29 kmpl on highways. I guess the FE might improve after the 5000 kms service.
Old 19th February 2016, 15:18   #3320
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I went to Nexa showroom near my house and checked both S-Cross and Baleno.
I really liked all the colours offered in the S-Cross but the Premium Silver really took my breath away.
S-Cross 1.6 was readily available and max waiting period was of one week for choice of out-of-stock colour.
Baleno CVT is having waiting period of 8 months I was told.
Old 19th February 2016, 18:38   #3321
BHPian

Which banks have you guys preferred for loans for your S-Cross ? Is it worth taking loan against FD or apply for car loans separately ? I've got 10.4 lakh quoted and plan a 5 lakh loan.
Old 19th February 2016, 18:48   #3322
BHPian

Did you take an offer for 1.6 s cross. Was it 2015 or 16 model?
Old 19th February 2016, 18:51   #3323
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Proud Owner of S-Cross 1.6 Alpha!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Took delivery of my Pearl Arctic White S-Cross 1.6 Alpha on Wednesday, 17th Feb which was also my mom's birthday.
Congratulations on the S.Cross 1.6L! You got yourself a jewel of an engine. Wait till the running-in period has completed, take her out on the highway and you'll have a permanent grin plastered on your face . Not only the engine, but even the high speed behaviour is so good (more European than Japanese).

You bought my favourite colour. Trust me, white with black touches (roof, rims, grille etc.) looks h-o-t. Of course, not right now. Upgrades may be after a couple of years?

Quote:
Got the Alloys and Tires changed to Momo Black Knight and Continental MC5 respectively from Sai Iyengar Indira Nagar
Good call.

Quote:
I will be posting pics and a detailed ownership review in the coming days.
Look forward .
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 20:05   #3324
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm literally in two minds now after the price correction of S-Cross. Wait for Brezza continues and if I don't like it after a test drive, I know where to put in my money -> S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. I know that if its to be a S-Cross, it HAS to be the 1.6!! A few thousands increase in EMI won't do any damage if I move up from speculative price of Brezza ZDi+ or 1.3 Alpha.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 22:35   #3325
BHPian

I got my first service done at Maruti Service Master at Chennai. They are courteous and efficient. But one problem I found was getting an appointment. It took almost a week to get a slot, and the place is incredibly crowded, with hardly any space to even park your car.
What is the opinion of Team BHPians @Chennai about other service stations? Do you have any experience with any of the exclusive Nexa service stations?
Old 19th February 2016, 23:03   #3326
BHPian

My S-Cross 1.6 Recently completed 1 months and 1000kms. Will be going in for the first service next week. Overall, Very happy with the car and The 1.6 Engine is a gem. My car is giving an average close to 16.1kmpl in with a mixed driving(50% highways 50% Mumbai Traffic).
I really got lucky with the December discounts and got to pick the 1.6 instead of the 1.3.

Also Mods, I have a question. I have made a complete video review of my S-Cross on my YouTube channel. Is it okay if I post it in a new ownership thread for my car? Do let me know If I can Here's a sneak peek

nimit3105 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 23:19   #3327
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijujj View Post
But one problem I found was getting an appointment. It took almost a week to get a slot, and the place is incredibly crowded, with hardly any space to even park your car.
What is the opinion of Team BHPians @Chennai about other service stations? Do you have any experience with any of the exclusive Nexa service stations?
Not only msm, but all service centres are still struggling to service the flood-hit cars.
Old 20th February 2016, 00:31   #3328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post

Great Shot. Headlamps look similar to eyes starting right at you with confidence.

Please share the link for your video review.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th February 2016 at 06:06. Reason: B2B posts merged.
Old 20th February 2016, 10:25   #3329
Distinguished - BHPian

I got a chance for a quick test drive of S-Cross 1.6 and here is my experience:

• Very spacious all around. I increased the height of the driver seat, still lot of head room (I am 5'10)
  • I loved the driver seat; it was kind of hugging you. Good under-thigh support as well.
  • Good storage space compared to my Linea.
On the move:
  • It didn't take much time to get adjusted to the driving/steering position, clutch usage etc.
  • I was very comfortable in City traffic as well.
  • All 4 disc brakes: It really showed the difference in braking.
  • At 2K Rpm, speedo was hitting 110. To my luck, the traffic was almost nil at that time(NICE road), So took it till 2.5 Rpm, the car was very planted and didn't give a feel of the speed I was doing. I loved it.
  • I loved the way it was surging ahead in no time.
  • Tried some quick lane changing as well, no dramas there.
  • Took it on some really bad roads, and the ride was good over potholes.
  • This test drive car was 22K on ODO, but there was no rattling or squeaking noise even on bad roads.
  • Steering feel was good but not in the league of Fiat. I felt it was little on the lighter side.

Dislikes:
  • Boot space - 350L is on the lower side for me. It goes up to 375 as the rear seats has two reclining option. And, removing the parcel tray can increase the boot space further.
  • At this price point, they could have offered tinted glass windows.
  • Leather Seats: I felt that the quality was not up to the mark. SA said its art leather, so not sure if this is correct.
  • Infamous alloys: My wife asked why no alloys? The alloys looked like wheel caps to her. But, it looked better than in pics.

With Fiat strategy going in reverse direction, my favorite for next car was XUV500 for a long time. After this test drive, S-Cross 1.6 is a very close contender now.

Advantage that I see in S-Cross is, at least 3L-5L less than XUV 500 W8/W10 model but you still get a fast and spacious car. Good FE etc. XUV500 scores big on boot space(with 3rd row folded), flexibility of 7 seater, Better ground clearance etc.

Its two days now and I am still not out of my test drive experience. Probably ,because I have never driven a fast car before. I have driven Vento TDI, but didn't get this feeling.

Last edited by arun_josie : 20th February 2016 at 10:28.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 11:16   #3330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Great Shot. Headlamps look similar to eyes starting right at you with confidence.

Please share the link for your video review.

Here's it is! Would love to hear some feedback from all of you guys.

nimit3105 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks