Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:40   #4291
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Good news for people waiting for 1.6 S cross!!

Bharath Nexa, Mangalore informed me today that they have one grey 1.6 Alpha in transit. I have booked at Mandovi Nexa and bank has already transferred the loan amount to dealer. So it would be difficult for me to cancel the booking and buy from other Nexa dealer at mangalore. I was worried that there is some delay in delivery of 1.6 due to some issue. Since maruti has shipped 1.6 this month from factory, I am bit relieved. Also I am being told by both dealers that delta and zeta 1.6 has very low production leading to increased waiting period.

Few pics clicked at dealership-Base & Top Variant comparo
Cograz. But once loan amount is transferred to the dealer you cant cancel the booking unless both the parties agrees, which is highly unlikely.

I thought you had booked form Kerala, your posts seems to point out to Karnataka where tax is quite high. Are you still paying 14.4 lac for the top end variant?

One suggestion without physically looking at the car you should not have agreed for loan amt transfer to your vendor. I guess you will endup paying EMI before you get a hands on of your car
pdeep4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 19:26   #4292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeep4u View Post
Cograz. But once loan amount is transferred to the dealer you cant cancel the booking unless both the parties agrees, which is highly unlikely.

I thought you had booked form Kerala, your posts seems to point out to Karnataka where tax is quite high. Are you still paying 14.4 lac for the top end variant?

One suggestion without physically looking at the car you should not have agreed for loan amt transfer to your vendor. I guess you will endup paying EMI before you get a hands on of your car
I am buying the car from mangalore and registering it in kerala(Kasaragod) . No nationalised banks were ready to sanction loan to me with just 6 months work experience. HDFC manager agreed to sanction loan with my dad as guarantor provided they transfer the amount by April end itself (mostly to meet month end target). My first EMI is on June 5 and I hope to get the car by then. I will go for silver/white if grey is not available. I will inspect the car and only then pay the balance amount to dealer. I am not bound to purchase a particular car from dealer. I can refuse it if there is any damage or problems. Only drawback is more I wait for the car, more the loss.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 19:57   #4293
BHPian

Re: 1.3 to 1.6 - Plans for a first upgrade in teambhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
What do you think guys....?
Should I
a) Sell the hippo and buy the 1.6 delta 2015
b) Sell the hippo and buy the 1.6 alpha 2016
c) Wait for the new S Cross due in 2018

What do you thing is the good deal. Those who have the delta, chip in with your thoughts. I need to take a decision by this weekend.
sandy, every single day i really sail through exact emotions you are facing. I bought zeta 1.3 could have easily bought zeta 1.6 had the pricing at launch been a sane one. ( i had rather made the decision completely based on your ownership report, which i very well rememeber was first for s cross)

I would advice against going for delta, as it missed on lot of bells and whistles from maruti. If you can try and swap it for 1.6 alpha.
In my case i don't have the courage to speak about this at home as the moment i speak and my wife and my dad will be hungry for my blood
Do let us know your final decision and you might once again inspire the new lot of people wanting to change their 1.3. Good Luck mate
akshatmangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:28   #4294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I am buying the car from mangalore and registering it in kerala(Kasaragod) .
Has the dealer agreed to register the car in Kasargod for you, or are you taking the car with a temp KA registration and doing the permanent registration in KL?

Also, if you are taking a temp KA registration, I don't think you pay the (very steep) Life Time Tax.

Do keep us posted.
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:48   #4295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Has the dealer agreed to register the car in Kasargod for you, or are you taking the car with a temp KA registration and doing the permanent registration in KL?

Also, if you are taking a temp KA registration, I don't think you pay the (very steep) Life Time Tax.

Do keep us posted.
I had bought baleno same way from same dealer. Dealer will get temporary registration from mangalore RTO. I will register it within a month at kasaragod RTO. I will pay around 1.2 lakhs Road tax less than karnataka

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 3rd May 2016 at 20:49.
Old 4th May 2016, 06:12   #4296
Senior - BHPian

Dear Sandy, here you need to decide what do you need first- bells and whistles or the engine. If you can afford the Alpha trim then all is well. A car is something like love it or hate it nothing in between. If you are mentally prepared to let go off the Hippo then by all means go for the 1.6. Regarding waiting for a new model, every year new models would come. I believe in buying what is there in the market right now and I would say the 1.6 is a perfect package. Who knows, maybe the 1.6 might be locally assembled which might further reduce the cost.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 06:54   #4297
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: 1.3 to 1.6 - Plans for a first upgrade in teambhp

Quote:
Another option is to sell the 1.3 and book the 1.6 alpha. Do the same swaps. The current price OTR for alpha is 14.25 lacs. If I get 9.5 lacs for the 1.3 I ll have to cough out another 5L (EMI increase of 8000-9000 INR). Had I bought the 1.6 when it was launched I would have got it for 15.2 L(16.3 - 90k refund). So I ll be spending an additional of 2.5 L.

What do you think guys....?
Should I
a) Sell the hippo and buy the 1.6 delta 2015
b) Sell the hippo and buy the 1.6 alpha 2016
c) Wait for the new S Cross due in 2018

What do you thing is the good deal. Those who have the delta, chip in with your thoughts. I need to take a decision by this weekend.
Short answer. Yes. Dump the 1.3 and go for the 1.6 Alpha. Nothing quite like it. It is a pain when you bought the lower variant and now are lusting for the higher variant. It almost happened to me too. I almost bought the Yeti Ambiente and only because of a conversation with my friend, I shifted and bought the Elegance 5 years ago. I ve never regretted that decision.

There is much to be said for buying the Original Top Spec variant - in my opinion none of the "facelift variants" or "subsequently tweaked variants" come close to the first top spec one that these manufacturers release.

Hence, I would suggest if you can afford the money, just go for it. the 1.6 Alpha is streets above! Everything else in this is a compromise.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 07:24   #4298
BHPian

Thanks for all the responses
Sure 1.6 is very much a better engine compared to the 1.3
I need to get very objective here
I dont mind incurring a loss by selling the 1.3, but I need to be sure about the upgrade.

I am logging off the forum for a while and am going to td the 1.6 and the remapped 1.3 back to back. I feel that I need some time to decide on the upgrade. Dumped the 1.6 delta option for now.

So it will be between keeping the remapped 1.3 and the 1.6 alpha. Tried a 0-100 dash one day morning and the remapped 1.3 reached 100 in a shade under 13 seconds. The free revving engine is a delight as well, compared to the 75ps dzire which I previously had. The pinned back feel is missing though. Had a budget of 14L for a new car, spent 13.3 on the 1.3 (including the remap, tryres and speakers). Objectively assessing I am going to incur a loss of around 5-6 L incase I am going to upgrade now. Moreover I will be losing my "hippo" who served me for the past 9 months. He has done everything I have asked him to do. He kept me safe, rode well, handled well and kept me and my family happy for 15k km. He is a powerful workhorse. And touchwood, except for a door trim rattle (corrected in last service) he has not given me any niggles. I have taken him to 145kmph with no steering vibrations, but he sure was a bit strained at 3.5k rpm.

Even if I spend that kind of money I am going to be disappointed as I would be driving in thick cochin traffic where only 1st and 2nd gears would be taking me past the 2200 rpm mark. The low end grunt also would be important.

Besides being a auto enthusiast, I am a wannabe amateur photographer, hifi enthusiast and an electronics freak. I will have to put on hold the Nikon D750 plans and Denon plans for the 1.6.

Will be back with the decision in 2 weeks.
Old 4th May 2016, 11:45   #4299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am logging off the forum for a while and am going to td the 1.6 and the remapped 1.3 back to back. I feel that I need some time to decide on the upgrade. Dumped the 1.6 delta option for now.
Good! Let you be the one who decides. Listen to you and you alone after driving the 1.6 on longer routes and conditions.

And if you are picking the 1.6, do not pick any other variant other than Alpha. It will be a downgrade from your 1.3 Alpha in many ways. The loss of kit is substantial. All the best!
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 11:47   #4300
Distinguished - BHPian

Update for prospective S Cross owners from Bangalore.

- 1 DDiS320 Alpha Gray in stock ( 2016, first come basis)
- 1 DDiS320 Alpha white in transit ( available in ~20 days)

DDiS320 gains momentum in sales. Delta and Sigma is rumored to be discontinued. DDiS320 if needed to be ordered by dealer to Maruti for assembly, will take ~ 45 days.

PM ,if details are needed on the Nexa/RM for the above two 1.6's.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 16:41   #4301
BHPian

How about star fish alloys on S cross ?

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160503_111423.jpg

Last edited by breezydrive : 4th May 2016 at 16:42.
breezydrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 18:09   #4302
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Delta and Sigma is rumored to be discontinued. DDiS320 if needed to be ordered by dealer to Maruti for assembly, will take ~ 45 days.
Happened to be in Gurgaon, visited PASCO NEXA MG Road, RM confirmed categorically that production discontinued for 1.6 Delta and Zeta.

So now on there will be no confusion as far as 1.6 is concerned and it will be only Alpha!

Guys please enlighten, what will happen to cases of existing bookings of 1.6 Delta / Zeta in this case.
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 18:42   #4303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Happened to be in Gurgaon, visited PASCO NEXA MG Road, RM confirmed categorically that production discontinued for 1.6 Delta and Zeta.

So now on there will be no confusion as far as 1.6 is concerned and it will be only Alpha!

Guys please enlighten, what will happen to cases of existing bookings of 1.6 Delta / Zeta in this case.
My dealer was reluctant to accept booking for 1.6 Zeta. They never accepted production is discontinued but quoted very high waiting period and advised to book 1.6 Alpha.
Old 4th May 2016, 20:53   #4304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post

Generally, a manufacturer of a repute of Maruti will honour all the existing bookings. What they will do is not to take any further bookings of the discontinuing ones further (If the news is true). So, do not worry. If you have booked the lower versions of 1.6, it will definitely be honoured.

Planning for a long trip to Mumbai next week. This will be my second road trip to Mumbai in S-Cross.

Last edited by Sree73 : 4th May 2016 at 20:58.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 21:29   #4305
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross rumored to launch in Indonesia. But where will it be built? Is a Petrol variant in the offing for India and Indonesia? With the market shifting to Petrol in India it is likely this will be true.

There is a possibility these units will be exported from India - But that market needs a petrol variant .

Quote:
From all options above, the most feasible one is to bring a CBU imported unit from India, with a MT 1,3 liter Diesel, and probably it will be possible for Maruti India to build several S-Cross with the 1.4 liter engine as it also available in our market
http://autonetmagz.net/suzuki-s-cros...-really/25155/

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th May 2016 at 21:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks