Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2016, 13:38   #4336
Sip
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Finally got response from dealer after shooting mail to Nexa customer care.

I hope my 1.6 grey beast gets dispatched before 20 th of this month.

So there is no mention of any timeline, this vagueness may be used later as per their convenience ! Not specifying exact timeline is my worry because it points to potential problems in production IMHO. However situation in case of Alpha is much better than my booking of 1.6 Delta.

You may search zauba by keywords of '1600 CC engine' and see the import details for 1.6 engine.
Old 7th May 2016, 14:42   #4337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
So there is no mention of any timeline, this vagueness may be used later as per their convenience ! Not specifying exact timeline is my worry because it points to potential problems in production IMHO. However situation in case of Alpha is much better than my booking of 1.6 Delta.

You may search zauba by keywords of '1600 CC engine' and see the import details for 1.6 engine.
I know!! I am being very impatient now without even knowing tentative date.

I meant I could not find fresh import details for 1.6 engine. Last import was on December 2015.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 15:42   #4338
BHPian

Quote:
I know!! I am being very impatient now without even knowing tentative date.

I meant I could not find fresh import details for 1.6 engine. Last import was on December 2015.
Maruti may not have consumed all the 1.6 engines imported so far. They will be having enough stock to cater the demand.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 15:46   #4339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Maruti may not have consumed all the 1.6 engines imported so far. They will be having enough stock to cater the demand.
I seriously hope so buddy. I am desperate to get my hands on 1.6 S cross

I have finalised on Momo Win Pro Evo 16 inch alloys. Cost is 40k. What do you guys advice?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20160429205904_com.android.chrome.png  

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 15:55   #4340
BHPian

Quote:
I seriously hope so buddy. I am desperate to get my hands on 1.6 S cross

I have finalised on Momo Win Pro Evo 16 inch alloys. Cost is 40k. What do you guys advice?
It's a good one. What is the tyre size you have finalized?

I'm on the stock alloy / tyres. Did not get time to replace/upgrade the stock in the initial period. Since the vehicle ran almost 1K KMs by the time, could not find any one who buys back. So, retained the stock.

It's not very bad with performance. Only issue I find is the road noise at high speeds. If you are running with AC on and a pleasant music, the noise is very well within the tolerance.

Last edited by Sree73 : 7th May 2016 at 16:06. Reason: Grammar
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 15:57   #4341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
It's a good one. What is the tyre size you are finalized?

I'm on the stock alloy / tyres. Did not get time to replace/upgrade the stock in the initial period. Since the vehicle ran almost 1K KMs by the time, could not find any one who buys back. So, retained the stock.

It's not very bad with performance. Only issue I find is the road noise at high speeds. If you are running with AC on and a pleasant music, the noise is very well within the tolerance.
I am not sure about tyres. No plans to upsize. I am thinking if I should go for better brand tyres in stock size.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 7th May 2016 at 16:09.
Old 7th May 2016, 16:01   #4342
Senior - BHPian

The M series is one of their older gen motors, which came after the G series. Guess its a downsized version of the M16A engine seen on the SX4. Not a new generation motor like the K series, so to speak. Things are starting to get interesting now. Guess that means the K series 1.4 with a turbo would have priced these models out of contention, and without a turbo would not have sufficient grunt. Can't think of any other reason to bring back an older motor.
Old 7th May 2016, 17:59   #4343
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure about tyres. No plans to upsize. I am thinking if I should go for better brand tyres in stock size.
Yes. You should not have any second thought about changing stock tyres.
Get them changed immediately after delivery.
You can go for Michelin, Pirelli or Conti. I would say even Goodyear's are better then stock JKs.

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 7th May 2016 at 18:03.
Old 7th May 2016, 18:10   #4344
BHPian

it really annoys me when my friends say why Scross and not Creta? Most important why Maruti and not Hyundai. sometimes I seriously doubts average Indians choice about cars.Hyundai looks big and comes with " FEATURES " according to them so its better. next moment they seat inside Scross and entire world turns upside down for them. Dude its really "Maruti" ??? I am like 'No' its SUZUKI
according to me Maruti should have gone with single engine option( 1.6 ) 90% people don't know anything about 1.6 engine.
sahiltodankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 18:54   #4345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
it really annoys me when my friends say why Scross and not Creta? Most important why Maruti and not Hyundai. sometimes I seriously doubts average Indians choice about cars.Hyundai looks big and comes with " FEATURES " according to them so its better. next moment they seat inside Scross and entire world turns upside down for them. Dude its really "Maruti" ??? I am like 'No' its SUZUKI
according to me Maruti should have gone with single engine option( 1.6 ) 90% people don't know anything about 1.6 engine.
Its over 3 months now, and even today I get to hear similar questions. I mean, it has ranged from "Why not a XUV or Innova?" to "Why not a Xylo or Ertiga" "Why not Creta or Duster" is an inevitable question which each and every one of my friends asked. Ive never bothered convincing many of them and answer them just with a smile. I mean, if some one is trying to compare a Xylo to S-Cross, why should I even try to answer.

All said, it only takes a short drive to eliminate all questions. The power (or should I say torque ), comfort, luxury, features are the answers they need and I would rather let the car answer them than myself.

Last edited by Vigkey : 7th May 2016 at 18:56.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 19:06   #4346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Its over 3 months now, and even today I get to hear similar questions. I mean, it has ranged from "Why not a XUV or Innova?" to "Why not a Xylo or Ertiga" "Why not Creta or Duster" is an inevitable question which each and every one of my friends asked. Ive never bothered convincing many of them and answer them just with a smile. I mean, if some one is trying to compare a Xylo to S-Cross, why should I even try to answer.
You guys are not alone, I think almost all S Cross owners have gone through similar situation may be multiple times.
A strange look followed by the question I faced was "15 L plus and there is no third row?" ;-)
Old 8th May 2016, 08:13   #4347
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Yes. You should not have any second thought about changing stock tyres.
Get them changed immediately after delivery.
You can go for Michelin, Pirelli or Conti. I would say even Goodyear's are better then stock JKs.
Consider the Falkens with a small upsize. They're great!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_3702.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_3708.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_3731.jpg  

shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 10:14   #4348
BHPian

Although I have never driven an S cross I have been looking at giving away my 2014 facelift Verna for an S Cross as it fits well within the budget. I hope the S cross will be well placed on highway drives as the Verna never kept up to its expectations. Of course the Verna and S Cross are two different cars altogether but hope the S Cross with a 1.6L diesel will not lag behind the Verna in terms of power delivery. The only reason to sell the Verna is due to its high speed road manners which is absolutely Haywire. I request S cross owners who have also driven the Verna too please highlight on your new Car.
zwift1819 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 10:29   #4349
BHPian

I would be in the market for a new car around 5-6 months down the line. Started off with a budget of ~10L OTR & after exploring almost every other car within this price range (i.e. Brezza, Ecosport, Elite i20, etc), I'd decided that the S Cross 1.6 Delta would be the one, with of course, stretching my budget to around ~11.5L OTR.
Been following this forum for a couple of weeks now & the past few days have given me a shocker , MS discontinuing production of the 1.6 Delta & Zeta which ultimately points to phasing out the 1.6 altogether, and that too when the 1.6 is finally picking up momentum in sales. MS!
Is there any official word on this yet?
Old 8th May 2016, 13:32   #4350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
Is there any official word on this yet?
There is no official word yet, but if dealers across the country are saying it, its most likely true. I would recommend that if you can go for the car right now, go for it, else you would have to settle for something else 5-6 months later. Do note that 1.6 is not being completely discontinued, but it will be only available in Alpha. The most probable reasons being higher margins in higher variants

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
I request S cross owners who have also driven the Verna too please highlight on your new Car.
I think this thread from sudeepg about the 1.3 should cover your concerns well. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ross-1-3l.html

Last edited by autorahul : 8th May 2016 at 13:37. Reason: Content added

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks