Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:35   #5056
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz_303 View Post
I liked the S Cross but this force feeding was off-putting...
Never let the salesman be a part of your test drive experience. I never pay heed to what most of them say and their "sales tactics". He is only pushing the 1.3 because that is readily available and they will have stock to sell you. The 1.6 could involve an order and waiting period. They did the same when I was considering buying a Swift ZDI years ago. They tried pushing the VDI to me. Simply stand your ground, tell them you will make whatever decision you feel is right and tell them to shutup because they are simpy making a fool out of themselves and ruining your dealership experience with such pathetic reasons for discouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
If you like S-Cross then go for 1.6. There is nothing special about 1.3. If you are considering 1.3 then you might as well consider one of the following vehicles

1. Brezza
2. EcoSport
3. Creta 1.4
4 i20 Active
A car is not all about motor mate. When you buy an S-Cross you also buy into mature firm european ride quality, balanced handling and chassis dynamics, excellent braking, loads of space and solid build. The Brezza and Ecosport are simply not in the same segment to begin with, i20 Active? I won't even comment on that, Creta 1.4? What does it have over an S-Cross? Infact it loses out on the way it drives. It has a balanced chassis, but the suspension setup is too soft and steering inspires zero confidence with its completely dead nature.
IshaanIan is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 14:04   #5057

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
If you have not taken the delivery yet, I will suggest you to hold your order and confirm from your SA whether you can be alloted a new-er version (which comes with darker alloys and Apollo Alnac 4G) or not.
Thanks. Did already check on these. My car comes with the darker alloys (gun metal finish). But tyres are JK.
SA checked and confirmed that so far, they have not received any car with an Apollo.
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:30   #5058

Finally decided to go for a dashcam (mini0806) for my 6 month old 1.6 Zeta, and had it delivered from Gearbest today. I dont think I am technically competent to have it installed/ wired myself. Do you think this can be taken up by Maruthi Service Center? Or should I be dependent on any third party vendors?

Hope that doesnt lead to warranty being cancelled. Any thoughts?
Old 23rd June 2016, 17:12   #5059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
, Creta 1.4? What does it have over an S-Cross? Infact it loses out on the way it drives. It has a balanced chassis, but the suspension setup is too soft and steering inspires zero confidence with its completely dead nature.
The choice between SCross 1.3 and Creta 1.4 depends on personal preference.
The biggest advantage for the Creta is that it looks a zillion times better than the S-cross and has way more road presence. Whether we like it or not, the fact is the way a car looks is a very very important criteria for the car buying people (more so for a SUV/crossover) and it makes a huge difference when there is such a large gap in the way these 2 cars look. I know, looks are subjective and all but still... Also, I would prefer the 1.4 diesel unit in the Creta over the 1.3 in SCross simply because it way more refined and feels more eager to rev. Scross has it's own advantages as you have mentioned but what the buyer wants is up to him/her own preference.
Old 23rd June 2016, 17:15   #5060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Scross has it's own advantages as you have mentioned but what the buyer wants is up to him/her own preference.
Agreed. While I am one of the few who never needed the design to grow on me, and actually love the S-Cross' long wide and relatively low stance with its bulged out yet understated nose over the cliche'd design of the Hyundai and wannabe stance, I definitely prefer Hyundai's diesel motors they have always remained easy to drive and very refined as diesel engines go. What I was trying to point out, is the S-Cross in 1.3 guise is still a brilliant very underrated car that holds its own against competition. Competition will obviously have its own advantages but they are not so obviously better than the S-Cross, that it needs to be dimissed. Baz had mentioned he liked the car and his only gripe was with the dealership experience. While one can offer other recommendations, there is no logical need to say one "might as well go for xyz" if it is the 1.3 S-Cross.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 23rd June 2016 at 17:21.
IshaanIan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 08:09   #5061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd_maximus View Post
Finally decided to go for a dashcam (mini0806) for my 6 month old 1.6 Zeta, and had it delivered from Gearbest today. I dont think I am technically competent to have it installed/ wired myself. Do you think this can be taken up by Maruthi Service Center? Or should I be dependent on any third party vendors?

Hope that doesnt lead to warranty being cancelled. Any thoughts?
Good decision. Dashcam installation is very easy. I have done it myself in my S-Cross.
There are many threads, specially from BHPians like arunphilip who have explained it in great detail. You can cut short the complexity by using the power socket instead of the fuse tap.

Can you share some pictures and specification of the device? How much did it cost?

Last edited by sudeepg : 24th June 2016 at 08:09. Reason: adding additional detail
sudeepg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 08:46   #5062
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd_maximus View Post
Finally decided to go for a dashcam (mini0806) for my 6 month old 1.6 Zeta, and had it delivered from Gearbest today.
Hello,

Please look at my DIY Installation thread of MINI 0806 dashcam. It has all the details you need for doing the DIY. You can do it yourself don't worry.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...sh-camera.html
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 15:39   #5063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
- For some reason, I have kind of screeching noise for some minor movements in driver seat. The noise is similar to old sofa (spring cushioning) screeching. This happens even when there is little extra acceleration too. [I am not over-weight person either ]
I have exactly the same problem with my car, which is the 1.6 alpha. Sounds like an old amby. And its only done 4400 kms. Further today morning after reversing when I put the car in 1st, the display continued to show the rear camera view and the even after multiple restarts it is still showing the rear camera view

Not expected from a 'premium' offering. Will go to the service center tomorrow and see if these problems can be resolved. The creaking is just DAMN irritatating!
Old 24th June 2016, 15:44   #5064
Senior - BHPian

Maruti recommends using 0W30 grade for the 1.6. Is this really suitable for hot and conditions in India?
Old 24th June 2016, 15:50   #5065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
I have exactly the same problem with my car, which is the 1.6 alpha. Sounds like an old amby. And its only done 4400 kms. Further today morning after reversing when I put the car in 1st, the display continued to show the rear camera view and the even after multiple restarts it is still showing the rear camera view

Not expected from a 'premium' offering. Will go to the service center tomorrow and see if these problems can be resolved. The creaking is just DAMN irritatating!
Same for me too, especially when navigating through deep potholes or over speed breakers and turning at the same time. It's annoying. Some more creaking sounds have surfaced in my 8 month old car and I am miffed with Maruti at the moment. :(

About the rear view camera - even I have the same problem once in a while, sometimes the guide lines don't show up. I guess it might be a loose connection or something.
Old 24th June 2016, 18:19   #5066
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Maruti recommends using 0W30 grade for the 1.6. Is this really suitable for hot and conditions in India?
Manual says 5W30 grade oil. 0W20 synthetic oil is used in Maruti petrol cars.
Old 24th June 2016, 18:36   #5067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Same for me too, especially when navigating through deep potholes or over speed breakers and turning at the same time. It's annoying. Some more creaking sounds have surfaced in my 8 month old car and I am miffed with Maruti at the moment. :(

About the rear view camera - even I have the same problem once in a while, sometimes the guide lines don't show up. I guess it might be a loose connection or something.
I am also experiencing creaking and squeaking noise from the back seat (like someone moving on an old sofa)while driving specially when the Car goes over uneven Road.

1.3 alpha

Last edited by @viral : 24th June 2016 at 18:38.
Old 24th June 2016, 18:47   #5068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I thought I was the only person to have this problem. When I told my SA about this he just dismissed it as saying it's nothing. Need to look at it closely. It is annoying when I hear the sound while I am reversing slowly and have to turn at same time .
Old 24th June 2016, 21:29   #5069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Manual says 5W30 grade oil. 0W20 synthetic oil is used in Maruti petrol cars.
The 5W30 grade is for the 1.3. I was asking about 0W30 which is the recommended grade for the 1.6.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 24th June 2016 at 21:31.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 22:13   #5070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
The 5W30 grade is for the 1.3. I was asking about 0W30 which is the recommended grade for the 1.6.
Yes, you are right. I got confused. Many brands have 0W40 grade synthetic oil. 0W30 grade is less common. Maruti uses Mobil super MGDO/Castrol synthetic oil now for all 1.3 diesel cars. I will check with my SA for 1.6.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20160624220619_com.adobe.reader.png  

Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks