Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2018, 08:21   #3286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzboy View Post
But as per this we cannot buy 4th and 5th year warranty in one go. It has to be individually bought for each year. I, too, have the 3rd year warranty plus RSA. It is definitely worth it especially if they combine the top up years and extend up to 7 years. The latter, especially with the niggles in the Endy, would be great.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, have got the insurance for the first 5 yrs in one go, during the purchase last week. Once I get the warranty certificate, will check out, if the kms coverage is limited to 100k or 160k, which will be an official confirmation rather than what the sales man say...the sales man with whom I interacted was perfect with whatever info he has shared till date, hence I hope it will be 160k kms, anyhow its better to get that mentioned in the certificate itself.
Surprise is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 08:36   #3287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
hence I hope it will be 160k kms
If this news is true, why is the warranty for 160k. Why not 150, 175 or 200? What's the logic behind 160? Although anything above 100k is welcome, I feel the total cost is too high.
Old 31st August 2018, 09:16   #3288
BHPian

Quote:
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, have got the insurance for the first 5 yrs in one go, during the purchase last week. Once I get the warranty certificate, will check out, if the kms coverage is limited to 100k or 160k, which will be an official confirmation rather than what the sales man say...the sales man with whom I interacted was perfect with whatever info he has shared till date, hence I hope it will be 160k kms, anyhow its better to get that mentioned in the certificate itself.
What was the total cost for the same? Any further discounts?
I don't think the warranty can be given at dealership level, it has to be from Ford, kindly make sure the 160k kms should be mentioned clearly.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 14:18   #3289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
What was the total cost for the same? Any further discounts?
I don't think the warranty can be given at dealership level, it has to be from Ford, kindly make sure the 160k kms should be mentioned clearly.
For 5 yrs warranty cover, the amount paid is 52,154/- Yes, the warranty are from the manufacturers.

I insisted for an email communication mentioning the cover is for 160k kms (was told this got effective only from last week). Now got a call from them saying there is some communication gap & its only 100k kms -:( Wish that could have turned to be a reality. Sorry for the confusion on the coverage
Surprise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 15:06   #3290
BHPian

Is that only me who is not able to understand the warranty. You mean to say you got extra warranty for 3,4&5 years by paying just 52k.
Any idea what will be the cost for me considering I already have the 3rd year warranty which I took for 20k when I bought my car last year. I want Max coverage with one time payment.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 18:00   #3291
BHPian

Quote:
For 5 yrs warranty cover, the amount paid is 52,154/- Yes, the warranty are from the manufacturers.

I insisted for an email communication mentioning the cover is for 160k kms (was told this got effective only from last week). Now got a call from them saying there is some communication gap & its only 100k kms -:( Wish that could have turned to be a reality. Sorry for the confusion on the coverage
Quote:
Is that only me who is not able to understand the warranty. You mean to say you got extra warranty for 3,4&5 years by paying just 52k.
Any idea what will be the cost for me considering I already have the 3rd year warranty which I took for 20k when I bought my car last year. I want Max coverage with one time payment.
Yes, this information matches what I was told last month - 20k for 1 year extended (3 years total), and slightly less for the subsequent years, but no increase in kilometres.
So 52k for 3 extended years (5 years total) seems about right.

Also, since I had to make a pre-booking call about the new 3rd party insurance rule today anyway, I asked about "rumours" of extended warranty also including more kilometres, and was told that they hadn't received any such information.

So, from what I gather, the maximum available is 3 years of extension (5 years total), with no increase in kilometres. Cost per year seems to be between 16 and 20k then - don't know how it'll pan out if bought in pieces.

Also, for what it's worth, I plan to extend only by 1 year initially, given that kilometres aren't increasing. I imagine I'll run out of kilometres by that time. If not, I can always reevaluate and take a call regarding extending it further.

Cheers!

Last edited by Mu009 : 31st August 2018 at 18:02. Reason: Semantics
Mu009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 18:05   #3292
BHPian

Mu009, so how will the insurance work out now? You will have to buy comprehensive insurance for 3 years in one go?

Also, which variant are you going for?
Old 1st September 2018, 08:54   #3293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Mu009, so how will the insurance work out now? You will have to buy comprehensive insurance for 3 years in one go?
I am given to understand that only third party premium is adjusted for 3 years - the rest will still be offered on a yearly basis.
That said, I had seen online offers for 2 and 3 year insurance packages even before this new ruling applicable from today. Don't know how NCB etc would work for those. Do keep in mind that NCB is only on own damage premium amount though - add ons, third party aren't subject to it.

3rd party insurance being taken in one shot for 3 years shouldn't affect your add ons at all. And it shouldn't affect your total cost by that much either (ignoring the effects of the illogical multipliers and opportunity cost). Wish they had made it 3rd party mandatory for registered life in one shot, with a sensible (read much reduced) multiplier instead.

That said, I'll provide more details once they're clear to me. I think what I'll be offered (and what I prefer) will be 1 year own damage premium + add ons (zero depreciation, engine protect etc), to be renewed as before, and third party insurance for 3 years in one shot.

Quote:
Also, which variant are you going for?
As far as I'm concerned, there's only one variant of the Endeavour - the 3.2 Titanium 4x4.
Mu009 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 14:15   #3294
BHPian

Congrars. Hope you get your hands on the Endeavour soon. Also, would love to hear about how your narrowed down to the Endeavour, and also your ownership experience in the future.
Old 2nd September 2018, 20:42   #3295
BHPian

Problem
Sudden appearance of powertrain failure sign today while I was driving at slow speed on a straight road. There was a kind of air leakage noise followed by car going to limp mode. It didn't stopped but sudden jerks while I tried to accelerate. Hope these issues are not cropping up after the recent accident. Anyways I will be sending the car to service station tomorrow. Will update once I get any update from them. Anyone else had this issue?
Old 2nd September 2018, 21:02   #3296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Problem
Sudden appearance of powertrain failure sign today while I was driving at slow speed on a straight road. There was a kind of air leakage noise followed by car going to limp mode. It didn't stopped but sudden jerks while I tried to accelerate. Hope these issues are not cropping up after the recent accident. Anyways I will be sending the car to service station tomorrow. Will update once I get any update from them. Anyone else had this issue?
Could this be a problem with the turbo? If you noticed a whistling kind of loud noise (similar to a police siren) it might be the turbocharger gone kaput or the one of the hoses leading into it might have come loose.

I suggest you pop the bonnet open and check all the hoses leading to the turbo. I think it is a loose hose or intake pipe. Otherwise get it checked ASAP.
vishy76 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 21:06   #3297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Could this be a problem with the turbo? If you noticed a whistling kind of loud noise (similar to a police siren) it might be the turbocharger gone kaput or the one of the hoses leading into it might have come loose.

I suggest you pop the bonnet open and check all the hoses leading to the turbo. I think it is a loose hose or intake pipe.
I think you are right. I went down and checked there is a change in engine noise/sound a sort of leaking sound is coming, but the powertrain sign has gone. I have no idea where to check the turbo hoses and pipes let me try again. BTW if turbocharger went kaput will the car starts after that. Can I drive the car to the nearest service station or I have to get it towed.
Old 2nd September 2018, 21:11   #3298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think you are right. I went down and checked there is a change in engine noise/sound a sort of leaking sound is coming, but the powertrain sign has gone. I have no idea where to check the turbo hoses and pipes let me try again. BTW if turbocharger went kaput will the car starts after that. Can I drive the car to the nearest service station or I have to get it towed.
Take it to the closest service centre. Just check for drop in oil levels incase the turbo might have consumed excessive amounts of it.

Also check for black smoke from the tail pipe. Might indicate unburnt fuel which means the engine isn't getting enough air, another symptom of a problem with the induction system or turbo.
vishy76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 21:21   #3299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Take it to the closest service centre. Just check for drop in oil levels incase the turbo might have consumed excessive amounts of it.

Also check for black smoke from the tail pipe. Might indicate unburnt fuel which means the engine isn't getting enough air, another symptom of a problem with the induction system or turbo.
Hey vishy,
Many thanks dear you were absolutely right. I got hold of that pipe please see below picture. Will wait for the engine to cool down as I just came home after 1 hour of drive. It's good that I found the root cause without much effort.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-beautyplus_20180902211804035_save.jpg  

roby_dk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 21:44   #3300
BANNED

If possible few more pics, so that others can know where these hose pipe lies.

It could help others in this forum
alexrabbi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks