Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2017, 12:24   #3541

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Congratulations for the new car.
Lately, I have been seeing significant number of posts regarding exterior damages to a new Tata vehicle. Can it be due to poor logistics partner for TaMo?
Thanks Bhavik, I am also assuming the same but again all the these niggles should have been rectified by the dealer aswell apart from the floor carpet thing which I presume would be done by some specialized people before delivering the vehicle. This shows that the guys do not really check if the vehicle is actually ready for delivery. It only spoils the charm of buying a new car. But since the dealership guys have acknowledged the niggles I would say its a step in the right direction because I have experienced tata's pathetic after sales service before when I had an indica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Congrats starisin! The urban bronze looks smashing. Yours is the first urban bronze color in our Forum, that I have seen. I am sorry you had to undergo few issues right after the delivery. Wish TATA could do something about it. I don't see the protruding antenna in the picture. Did you opt for any accessories apart from the side step? Wishing you a million miles ahead.
Thanks Doxinboy. Well Apart from the carpet issue the res is all solved. Apart from the side steps I had opted for a front camera, and the HUD. Later cancelled the camera and the HUD because the showroom guys could not fix he camera themselves. I also didn't like the quality of the camera. Regarding the HUD I realized I am not the one who would want drive with a display coming in my eyes at night. later my brother told me that there are many different apps available for hud. I also wanted to take the blaupunkt screen but opted otherwise because my little girl is just 20 months old and she is exploring a lot of things. so thought it would be better if I install a cheaper tablet for the time being ( u can suggest me one since I am not really into tablets). Oh and regarding the antennae it was fixed later after these pictures were clicked so it is very much there now.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th December 2017 at 00:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
stairsin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 13:25   #3542
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
There has been a lot of talk about the Hexa being more of an MUV rather than an SUV and people moaning the fact that it has its root tied up to the Aria, but if call the Q7 an SUV and Hexa a MUV, then I strictly do NOT agree, for the price and what it offers, Hexa is an unbeatable bet in terms of Comfort, Size, Ride and the nice HPS. Q7 has a more sharper design, no doubt, but the overall stance on both of them looks similar. -

While I agree with you that Q7, Kodiaq etc all have a similar look. There are sufficient differences.

To add to the confusion:

Do note that I earlier owned the Aria 4x4 Pride which if anything was even more van like than the Hexa.

Frankly the issue is that the Hexa looks (exterior shape wise) a lot closer to the Innova (which defines Van / MUV in India) than to the Q7 or the Kodiaq. Also like the Innova it is a Ladder Frame (which actually implies tough SUV build quality) but the Q7 and Kodiaq both are Monocoque which allows for a lower and hence more rounded stance due to space being freed up.

To many the Q7 and the kodiaq both may be too MUVish the Merc R Series which is said to have inspired the original Aria look too suffered from the same problem.

The Safari and Pajero SFX or even Pajero Sport, Endeavour or Fortuner looks are now dated and result in an inefficient (space, ergonomics and aero dynamic efficiency wise) space.

For me the specs (4X4, Power, Torque, Ground Clearance, Off Road modes etc.) define MUV vs SUV more than other parameters. Here too on Power the new Innova now exceeds the Hexa which it didn't earlier, and this confuses matters further.

All the above cause identity issues and we cannot win an argument in favour of either MUV or SUV identity for the Hexa. Every individual will hold on to her opinion.

Even the Q7 will me more an SUV or less an SUV for some depending on their preferences. I found the previous Q7 (a much more inferior product in reality) to be more SUVish than the current Q7. I again like the Hexa looks more.

Worldwide the Current GLE(M Class) and GLS are found to be too Boxy in terms of looks. The next generation GLE is expected to have the GLC like new GL family look and that in turn is a bit like the Q7. We are indeed going in circles.

For me Hexa is more of an SUV than say the Scorpio or the XUV500 and that makes my stand clear. But I frankly would be wrong to maintain this view if I am comparing a 4X4 Scorpio or XUV500 vs a MT 4x2 Hexa.

Last edited by ACM : 16th December 2017 at 13:42.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 13:52   #3543
BHPian

Given the Hexa XMA and XTA rides on 16 and 19 inch wheels, Has anyone here driven both the variants and experienced a perceivable difference in ride quality. How is the idea of swapping 19 inch wheels to 16 inch alloys from downtown accessories at the dealership. They''ll probably throw in the steps or the likes into the mix.
Old 16th December 2017, 14:19   #3544
Senior - BHPian

@blackbeast
I had taken a test drive of a XTA and a XM back to back. The ride quality of 16" tyres is only fractionally better than the 19" ones, you notice it only if you are looking for it. So I'd suggest that you stick to 19" alloys if you have them, but those with XM or XMA upgrading to alloys should stick to 16" instead of upgrading to 19" ones.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 14:31   #3545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
@blackbeast
I had taken a test drive of a XTA and a XM back to back. The ride quality of 16" tyres is only fractionally better than the 19" ones, you notice it only if you are looking for it. So I'd suggest that you stick to 19" alloys if you have them, but those with XM or XMA upgrading to alloys should stick to 16" instead of upgrading to 19" ones.

Rahul
Hi Rahul, Well, On what kind of roads did you test drive the two back to back. If it is good tarmac then we cannot take it into consideration. I agree with the comment XM variants sticking to 16 inch wheels
Old 16th December 2017, 15:05   #3546
Senior - BHPian

I tried three types of roads, first highway, then unpaved dirt track on a factory construction site, followed by a short hill climb, and return through a crowded village to the showroom.
The XTA was far better than the XM on the highway, the XM was only fractionally better on the construction site.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 18:19   #3547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
Given the Hexa XMA and XTA rides on 16 and 19 inch wheels, Has anyone here driven both the variants and experienced a perceivable difference in ride quality. How is the idea of swapping 19 inch wheels to 16 inch alloys from downtown accessories at the dealership. They''ll probably throw in the steps or the likes into the mix.
Switching to 16 inch will affect functioning of ESP (if I recall correctly) or some other safety system, so it is not recommended. It is mentioned in the manual itself.
tifosikrishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 13:59   #3548
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Hexa owners. I own a 3 year old Jetta and am now looking to downgrade to a Hexa XM manual, purely for the highway runs.

Some queries from my side:

- What are the notable features the XM misses out on apart from curtain airbags? Does it get mood lighting? (although it isn't a deal breaker)

- What is the annual service bill for the car? My Jetta gives me a bill ranging from 15K to 17K at any service..

- If someone has crossed 20K on the car, how has the mechanical reliability been? The Hexa is known to be solid mechanically, but still..

Any additional information would be much appreciated. Some images of the XM would also help
Thank you,
Regards,
Vishy

Last edited by vishy76 : 17th December 2017 at 14:03.
Old 17th December 2017, 17:21   #3549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post

Some queries from my side:

- What are the notable features the XM misses out on apart from curtain airbags? Does it get mood lighting? (although it isn't a deal breaker)

- What is the annual service bill for the car? My Jetta gives me a bill ranging from 15K to 17K at any service..

- If someone has crossed 20K on the car, how has the mechanical reliability been? The Hexa is known to be solid mechanically, but still..
Hey Ananth,
Firstly being December there are some good offers going on for the Hexa. If you can stretch, then get yourself a XT 4x2 as it has all the safety features from your Jetta. You may not regret now but you'll regret after 4-5 years down the line.

The XM misses on the following features :
1.) Electrically foldable and heated ORVMs.
2.) Parking Camera
3.) Automatic Climate Control
4.) ESP and Hill-Descent Control
5.) Leatherette seats from Benecke-kaliko
6.) Misses on Dynamic mode from the driving modes
7.) Automatic headlamps
8.) Rain-sensing wipers
9.) A six seater option. Sever seater bench seat configuration is standard for XE and XM
10.) Gets only dual airbags vs six on XT/XTA and your Jetta
11.) The awesome 10-speaker JBL system. Instead you get a 8-speaker setup

And many other small-yet-significant features

The XM also gets 8-colour mood lighting as standard.

The annual service cost for the car shouldn't cross more than 10k as I'm not sure because I've opted for 3-years or 60k AMC.

I Know quite a few hexa owners who've crossed 20k and are happy with the hexa. Actually there are around 4-5 Hexa owners (of which 3 of them are AT owners) have crossed even 45k kms on the odo and are happy with the choice they've made.

Hope I was of some help.

Varun

Last edited by Varun_HexaGuy : 17th December 2017 at 17:23. Reason: Adding a point :)
Varun_HexaGuy is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 18:18   #3550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Hello Hexa owners. I own a 3 year old Jetta and am now looking to downgrade to a Hexa XM manual, purely for the highway runs.
I am glad that you are thinking of Hexa. I don't think it would be a downgrade if you up the ante and go for XT as Varun_HexaGuy suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Hey Ananth,
Firstly being December there are some good offers going on for the Hexa. If you can stretch, then get yourself a XT 4x2 as it has all the safety features from your Jetta. You may not regret now but you'll regret after 4-5 years down the line.
Hi Varun, I was in a similar conundrum but your previous post along with abhi's helped me a lot to go all guns blazing for XTA. I almost finalized on XM varient but your earlier post to stretch the budget to accommodate various enviable features did tick me. Thanks for all the help dude
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 18:27   #3551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Hey Ananth,

The XM misses on the following features :
1.) Electrically foldable and heated ORVMs.
2.) Parking Camera
3.) Automatic Climate Control
4.) ESP and Hill-Descent Control
5.) Leatherette seats from Benecke-kaliko
6.) Misses on Dynamic mode from the driving modes
7.) Automatic headlamps
8.) Rain-sensing wipers
9.) A six seater option. Sever seater bench seat configuration is standard for XE and XM
10.) Gets only dual airbags vs six on XT/XTA and your Jetta
11.) The awesome 10-speaker JBL system. Instead you get a 8-speaker setup

And many other small-yet-significant features

The XM also gets 8-colour mood lighting as standard.
^Sorry missed another couple of features and also the XM gets 16" steel rims v/s 19" alloys on the XT. Also it misses on front foglamps plus DRLs
Here are a couple of pics of the XM trim :
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171213_185409.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171217_182353_1513515360618.jpg  

Varun_HexaGuy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 19:12   #3552
BHPian

Autocar did an offroad day. The Hexa managed was able to pass over the obstacles that were thrown towards it.

PraNeel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 19:17   #3553
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
The Hexa managed was able to pass over the obstacles that were thrown towards it.
As did ALL the other vehicles, there was nothing worth calling the event an "Offroad" event anyway.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 21:16   #3554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Only solution - LAMINATION on day 1 itself. I had a smart card for my card and on removal of Hypothecation, I was sent and A4 size paper (which is so lame that anyone can make that format on ones laptop). Speak about going digital!!!
Hi

I don’t think you should laminate that piece of paper. It voids the purpose of name transfer when you sell it later. I did this mistake in 2003/2004 times when I bought an Astra second hand. The paper was so fragile that in an attempt to preserve it I laminated it. Later when I tried selling it to Mahindra auto mart they mentioned that I have to apply for duplicate RC so that the new buyer can transfer it to his name. Because the name is written on the paper itself. If this is still the rule then it makes sense not to to touch it.

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 23:32   #3555
BANNED

Pushing Hexa to do what it isn't supposed to, is not going to be fruitful any ways.
Additionally they have put the vehicles ranging from Thar to Mercedes Benz G63 AMG, but where is XUV AWD?

Comparing Hexa off the road with likes of Thar, Endy, Fortuner and V-Cross is any ways an unfair comparison. But yes, they could have done a half glass water test on highway to compensate this off road test, let every vehicle shine in its area of strength.
VKumar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks