Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2019, 14:06   #2446
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Dear BHPians, I am planning for recently launched XT+, looks a real VFM. My concern is, can the rear wiper be fit post sale by an authorised dealer?TIA.
Old 7th August 2019, 15:00   #2447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Dear BHPians, I am planning for recently launched XT+, looks a real VFM. My concern is, can the rear wiper be fit post sale by an authorised dealer?TIA.
No it can't be installed afterwards. In theory it can be, but practically not. No A-S-S will accept the work either. And getting it done outside - including the BCM change, wiring, motor installation, metal/glass cutting etc - would mean so many things to do that you are better off spending more for the XZ+.

Not to mention that it will result in at least partial (electrical) warranty getting void.

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th August 2019 at 15:02.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 16:11   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Recently I got the car 'Ceramized' so the tyres got some love too. LOL
Its amazing to see the love you shower on your 'Mini Landie'. Even after more than two years, that love hasn't diminished one bit!

I too take good care of my 'Genie', but I don't pamper him the way you do. After nearly 40,000 KM on the odo, I too am extremely satisfied with him.
Enobarbus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 17:53   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Quoting myself!

And boy is the list ever growing. I saw a pretty new Nexon XZ+ Diesel in the office parking up close. And what did i realize? The LF door doesn't have the request sensor nor a conventional key hole now!! I remember that at launch the LF door also had the keyless request sensor.
Oh man.. you stole my thoughts. During our last drive I got so fond of the smartband alas, everytime you have to be a gentleman and open the LF door, you have to open the RF door first and then sprint.

The smartband is good but I can't now wear my watch. Wish TM had given a small digital display that displayed time. I can't recount how many times I flicked my wrist to check time

On a side note @Sebring - Can the fog lamp bulb swap be done at home or it needs a lift ?

Last but not the least the bar code pasted on the windshield displays the chasis number. I peeled it off and it looks ugly now.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th August 2019 at 19:06. Reason: quote content trimmed
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 18:36   #2450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
You'l do good considering other variants as well.I was in a situation where i had to choose between XMA and XZA+ (only options for petrol AMT). Though not an apple to apple comparison with your variant,my experience may be of help to you.

I'm listing 10 differences between XMA and XZA+.There are more like rear blower and my comments are given in the figure below:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-xma.png

The diff. was around Rs.2 lakhs. I could have added 6 of the said items after-market and the price diff.then would have come to around 1.5 odd lakh.However i preferred factory fitting for the same. Also i could not get the rear-wiper and adjustable rear Head Rest fitted.Probably even the blower at the back.

Taking a 'Head only' decision:if i'm a making full payment i.e without loan, it can be looked at like this: By going in for a lower variant paying around 1.5 lakhs less and investing the same over a period of say 6-8 years would give me around 3 lakhs. Effectively 3 lakhs saved. The capital cost thus is 9.5 - 3 = 6.5 lakhs.If i'm purchasing through loan i personally felt it doesn't make much of a difference. Now im sure people will jump up and say the calculations are incorrect. Welcome ! However if all of us were to take 'Head only' decisions,then most would prefer Uber.

No doubt XMA was VFM as i get probably 90%.of the needed features in XZA+. As for me,i'm very happy having bought the higher variant.

My suggestion: If this is a car you plan to change say in the next 2-3 years go for XTA+.If it is a long-term keep, go for the highest variant you can afford.Am sure you deserve a special treatment.

Last edited by Ram78 : 7th August 2019 at 18:42.
Ram78 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 19:38   #2451
Senior - BHPian

Definitely at home. Just pull the eyelids, undo the screws, take off assembly, and fix new bulbs. No lift needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
@Sebring - Can the fog lamp bulb swap be done at home or it needs a lift ?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7923.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7927.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7931.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 19:49   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Definitely at home. Just pull the eyelids, undo the screws, take off assembly, and fix new bulbs. No lift needed.
Thank you buddy. I have also sent you a PM on another topic related to KNOC
Old 7th August 2019, 20:31   #2453
Distinguished - BHPian

By the way guys and gals, there are quite a few Nexon owners on this thread & forum. Yet - I checked and there are very few ownership threads and fewer that are updated. How about sharing the experiences once in a while! Perhaps with your sets of some
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 11:00   #2454
Distinguished - BHPian

So, got my white knight Nexon - aka Eugene - home yesterday. (Eugene is my little son's favourite cartoon character.)

Extended Warranty
Opted for it of course & to my pleasant surprise, I got a 2 year standard + 3 year extended = 5 year warranty cover. Previously it used to be 2+2 I think? Not sure though.

Costed me some INR 11900.
(August'19 TML offer actually gives 2+1=3 year warranty free currently!)

Insurance
Opted for TATA AIG 0 dep B2B from dealer after checking outside.

Delivery experience

It was wonderful. Puneri Pagadi (a unique Puneri headgear), party poppers, party music, very good quality garland, pooja, chocolates - all included & arranged by the sales team.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20190809wa0002.jpg

All of the dealership staff was present for the ceremony and it was a wonderful experience of those moments. In a stark contract to my last experience 9 years ago at Pandit Auto.
Tata has come a long way in all correct directions.

Everything was done like clock-work. Except that the number plates contractor had a delay and they took about 1.5 hours to deliver. So I roamed around in the area. Was offered home delivery and installation of plates, but I had nothing else to do, so waited around.

Sushmit even proactively brought my Vista for a "together photo". Here it is. With yours' truely.
Going to miss the Vista for life. She has found her next home & family already. So happy about that.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20190808wa0027.jpg

The Nexon is FABULOUS - it has been discussed sufficient number of times, so won't go into a "review" mode right now. Will only highlight key items that registered in my mind so far.
  1. The Nexon lady & I got along very well from the word go. Have used the voice commands for almost 50-60 times already & not once did we misunderstand each other. Excellent feature.
  2. All the accessories I selected, were fitted & ready for delivery. Good quality & good finish. Really happy.
  3. Top of the picks is the NEXON signature scuff plates. They look fab & are good quality. Worth the money spent. You can also see the PU mesh mats.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190808_211742.jpg

The "O" is absolutely fine & sharp as other letters. Its blurred here just due to my phone camera's poor work in the dark.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190809_103526.jpg

Some not so cool points that I have noticed so far -
  1. The fuel lid (outer flap) was offset a bit and at the diesel bunk, it refused to lock back in. But fix was simple, Tilted it a bit in right orientation & bent the internal lock-latch 2 mms in the direction of the latch. And fixed.
  2. Its more than certain that the tyres are filled with something like 40-41 PSI. The car is bouncing around & clearly due to rock solid filled tyres. All my trusted tyre guys had gone home by the time I was on my way home (9PM ish) from delivery. All were closed early morning when I came to office too. So thats the first item on the TO-DO list when I leave office in the evening.
  3. The 1st gear doesn't like to engage easily like the one in the Fiat gearbox my Vista had. Its quite notchy. I ended up mis-slotting it with a "kharrrkhhh" sound from the transmission twice in first 10 minutes. Quite angry with myself about that! Then I got the hang of it & fine now. But I wonder if the service station staff will handle it properly when they drive the car!
  4. The clutch is ultra light & god made. But the bite is not to my liking. Loved the Vista's clutch & was exceptionally progressive & easy to "tweak".
  5. The doors aren't auto-locking on my car. I tried enabling / disabling the auto-lock setting in the HU. No luck. 1 thing I didn't check at PDI!! Item for 1st service.

Ergonomics while excellent for most customers - are a bit of a miss compared to my Vista in some cases for me. Nothing worth cribbing about, but documenting anyway.
  1. The gear lever goes too far away from me in 1-3-5 for my laid back position.
  2. The position of the power window switches & door handle in Vista was PERFECT. I could reach them on pure instinct. They were right besides the steering.
    • In the Nexon - they are both somewhere near the elbow. So to operate the windows, I need to really twist all joints of my chimp-like arms. A bit of a bummer.
  3. They really should have done a better job of the storage space under the climate control. What a waste. Tata has never figured out what to do at that space & I wonder why!
  4. While the seats have been applauded by all - I find the lumbar support to be inferior to the adjustable one in my Vista. I hope TML brings back the adjustable support in next significant refresh.
  5. I have a large shoe-size. Not only is the dead pedal insufficient - it actually comes in the way of fully pressing the clutch as the edge of my shoe gets blocked by the dead pedal! I'll need to adjust the angle of my foot now to avoid this. Been used to the same position for 9 years!
  6. Like mentioned earlier by many - when turning steering with clutch pressed - oh my god it's mechanism turns under the toes! It is not an enjoyable feeling at all. Never faced this problem in the Vista.

Following are some more items that are "lost" from previous Nexons which I noticed yesterday - This is in addition to the list of 6-7 Items I already compiled in an earlier post on this thread.
  • The 12V socket covers are now Alto800 grade. Gone are the superb Hexa spec caps with chrome ring & powerful return action.
  • Roof is no longer lined with the knitted soft fiber material. Has a soft, good quality albeit vinyl sort of material now.

No spare headlamp bulbs provided. I guess thats becoming an industry norm. Skimping on INR 200 for a basic Osram halogen in a 1.2 Million rupees car. Super.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
My Nexon is also having same issue, The connection between disc and the wheel is where rust along with small portion of disc. Have to get it checked during 1st service, its like this from day one, thought it will go off after driving, but since there is no touch point of brake or anything its not going off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Mine has been there from day one as well and it has not gone since last 4 months. Don't expect to go either. Service teams says its fine no issues on that, I am skeptical though. I had got it from KHT motors where did you get your car from
Here you go. The standard rust is on my car too - as fully expected. I'll say it again. Please don't worry about it. Its iron & its surface rusts to a level by default.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190809_092626.jpg

Last edited by Reinhard : 9th August 2019 at 11:17.
Reinhard is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 11:55   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
So, got my white knight Nexon - aka Eugene - home yesterday.
Heartiest congratulations on the latest arrival into your family Reinhard. Eugene looks smart and Handsome.
I wish you exciting and joyful time with him for a long long time to come.
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 12:29   #2456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The doors aren't auto-locking on my car. I tried enabling / disabling the auto-lock setting in the HU. No luck. 1 thing I didn't check at PDI!! Item for 1st service.
Well guess what...

I just checked the user manual. The "Door auto re-lock" setting in the HU is not for when we start driving at all!!
This works in case where we remotely unlock the car. If no door is opened for 60 seconds, the doors will be auto locked. Thats it!!

Indeed, auto door locks have been removed. Another item that I had in my 9 year old car.

In the new Nexon 2 years ago, they had issues that the system kept attempting to lock doors in motion even when they were already locked. Is removal of the feature the permanent fix?

I just don't believe it...

Last edited by Reinhard : 9th August 2019 at 12:48.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 12:29   #2457
BHPian

Quote:
Opted for it of course & to my pleasant surprise, I got a 2 year standard + 3 year extended = 5 year warranty cover. Previously it used to be 2+2 I think? Not sure though.
Many congrats on your purchase. Wishing you happy miles.

The EW thing is surely good, if it is a new initiative. My Nexon is about 1.5 years old and i don't have EW as on date. I was planning to buy it this month and will now check for the 3 year thing.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 13:03   #2458
BANNED

Quote:
So, got my white knight Nexon - aka Eugene - home yesterday. (Eugene is my little son's favourite cartoon character.)
Congratulations on your new acquisition, Nexon is a lovely car, wishing you happy mile munching.

Quote:
Sushmit even proactively brought my Vista for a "together photo". Here it is. With yours' truely.
Cool gesture from their side.

Quote:
The 1st gear doesn't like to engage easily like the one in the Fiat gearbox my Vista had. Its quite notchy. I ended up mis-slotting it with a "kharrrkhhh" sound from the transmission twice in first 10 minutes. Quite angry with myself about that! Then I got the hang of it & fine now. But I wonder if the service station staff will handle it properly when they drive the car!
May be that's common with all Tata cars, even my Nano's gearbox is notchy.

Quote:
I have a large shoe-size. Not only is the dead pedal insufficient - it actually comes in the way of fully pressing the clutch as the edge of my shoe gets blocked by the dead pedal! I'll need to adjust the angle of my foot now to avoid this. Been used to the same position for 9 years!
That's dangerous, doesn't it make your left leg feel strained if you drive for long time?
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 13:10   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Well guess what...

I just checked the user manual. The "Door auto re-lock" setting in the HU is not for when we start driving at all!!
This works in case where we remotely unlock the car. If no door is opened for 60 seconds, the doors will be auto locked. Thats it!!

Indeed, auto door locks have been removed. Another item that I had in my 9 year old car.

In the new Nexon 2 years ago, they had issues that the system kept attempting to lock doors in motion even when they were already locked. Is removal of the feature the permanent fix?

I just don't believe it...

auto-door lock works only when the seat belt is engaged, at least that's what i saw in my celerio zxi. If Tata decided to skimp this feature, then it's a
Old 9th August 2019, 13:44   #2460
BHPian

Owners who own variants other than XZ+, could you pls let me know, as to how sorely are you missing the rear wipers/defogger? Use of rain repellents like Rain-X to give a beading effect on the rear windshield can be an alternative? XZ+ variant is overshooting my budget and is absolutely an overkill for me. Hence the queries. TIA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks